Hold onto your helmets, the first content-based update to Angry Birds Epic is now available! Run to your App Stores and grab v1.0.12, which is now available for iOS and Android! The update landed a couple of days ago for Android, with iOS and this post coming a few days later.
This update includes several changes, so let’s start the list:
- 20 New Battles! Caves 6 and 7 have been added to the Chronicle Caves. Cave 6 has the special boost of 25% health for enemies, and Cave 7 slashes your Rage Chili to fill 75% slower! Good luck! Our walkthroughs for these new cave levels are live so check them out.
- Archmage! The “Mage” class for Chuck has been renamed “Archmage” (may be Android specific). As far as we can tell, there is no change in his abilities besides stylish new headgear. (Google Play only?)
- Max XP Level Increase! It’s happened a couple times by accident, but it seems that the level 25 XP cap has been increased to 29.
- Summer Discount on Lucky Coins! This is a short-term offer of 30% off, so hurry if you plan to spend real-life cash on Lucky Coins! (Google Play only?)
- Golden Pig Makeover! Not only does the Daily Golden Pig look stylish in his summertime shades, but it seems like he appears at midnight local time (instead of every 24 hours). Also, as part of the Summer Discount, the Golden Pig awards a bonus Lucky Coin each day! And playing 7 days in a row triples your chance at an Epic Set Item!
Important Note: There seems to be some issues with visiting Friends’ camps if they are running v1.0.12 and you aren’t. We are not sure exactly what causes this, but the best solution is to update now!
- Want to talk Epic? Head to the Angry Birds Epic forum.
- View the update history for Angry Birds Epic and talk about the differences in each.
- Found a bug or have feedback? Given this is a soft-launch, Rovio will be even more receptive to feedback than normal. Add your feedback to our Angry Birds Epic Wishlist and Bugs forum topic here.
- Main Angry Birds Epic landing page (one stop shop for all Epic news, walkthroughs, guides and more
- Angry Birds Epic walkthroughs for all levels!
- Original Angry Birds Epic announcement with tons of helpful info and tips.
@AMslimfordy I have the Archmage on my iPhone but I got it on my android. Because it synced trough my rovio account. And it does actually increase the headgears power.
How can it be, that in the post photo, the max level is 37, not 29, and I saw in a video someone had max level 41… why? I reached the max level 29 now in the game.
The original level cap was 41 prior to the global release.
App store (Apple) just sais “bug fix update”. Why? Why don’t they mention all the other new features/levels?
Someone at Rovio forgot to send the memo with the update. Apple doesn’t really handle the body of the description.
also not in google play store, and i dont understand why they didnt call this update 1.1.0
They might consider it as a small update maybe?
The timer for the Friendship essence request clock it’s now based on the midnight/midday local time, instead of being 12H after the last request.
Looks fun, but I won’t be getting there any time soon. Downloading this set my progress back two days. 20 lucky coins and a few CC 10-wave battles down the drain… Anyone else with an iPad 2 with 100% up to date software have this problem?
I have an iPad 2 and had no issues updating.
Same with me I’m good.
I want to know how to make screenshots can someone help me?
On a PC? There’s a button on your keyboard called “PrntScr”. Click that to copy your current screen, then paste the image in a program such as Paint.
Thanks @amslimfordy, I’m just not really good with computers.
Archmage has a little more powerful specs than normal Mage: Storm’s dmg is 60, and Shock Shield’s dmg is 83.
Hey anyone know if the Archmage is coming to IOS?
Can anyone post a picture of this Archmage please? I’m curious to see as IOS doesn’t have it .. yet?
@josm thx a lot
I just completed the Daily Golden Pig and I got the “Triple Chance to get Set Items”. Here I can explain how the triple chance thing works:
When you completed Day 7, your Golden Pig will be on a “Rainbow Riot”, that means there will be a 15 minutes bonus (Triple Chance of getting Set Items) on the Golden Pig. After 15 minutes, the Golden Pig is back to normal.
Well, I was expecting a longer “riot”.
@chiiyuen0109. I did get a set item, but it took 3 rolls at 3? Lucky coins each. I guess I was expecting free rolls.
Well, at last… I hated waiting for an iOS update and when it is finally here I may finally play. I have neglected playing recently as I reached level 41 long before, have all iconic sets lots of snoutlings and nothing to spend them on. I hope new characters and new headgears will be introduced in some of upcoming updates, until that happen I will complete two new caves and wait. I did take opportunity to purchase lucky coins in Google Play Store but also have nothing to spend them on. Oh, I hope Rovio will bring more new content to game really soon before high level players lost interest in game.
I have to agree with most. I started to play Epic and stopped around the same level. Even spent a few bucks on some extra gear and stuff. Since the Nest has published all the walkthroughs and helps I might be able to understand the object of the game let alone the what each character and their equipment provide the best advantage. Will play this game again but now will read all the explanations that the Nest has presented.
New angry birds stella video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzYi1RrRfs&feature=em-uploademail
It´s coming out september 4!
I think the Golden Pig’s Costume is Google Play exclusive too, as I don’t see it on my iPad!
Its wearing Google Glasses, I believe.
Did set items get adjusted to match the birds’ level? I thought they were usually stuck at whatever level you won them at, but I held on to a couple of them (one earned at 23, one at 17 or 18) just in case, and they’re much stronger now.
Oddly, it didn’t even happen shortly after I downloaded the update. It happened when I was level 27 or 28 – the old set items I had that had been weaker than some crafted items I was wearing were suddenly stronger than my crafted items. Did anyone else notice something similar?
@kackman73 yes, the set items are stronger when you obtain them again in a higher level
I understand that, but I didn’t obtain them again. The two set items I had mysteriously became stronger one day upon logging in.
When this update ll be able to Windows Phone? Any prediction?
@lucasrvieira We do not have any insider information about when updates will land for specific platforms.