Flingers, polish those slingshots! After being “Under Pigstruction” for a few months in select countries, Angry Birds 2 (Official Name) The Sequel will be launched worldwide on July 30th. We’ve downloaded Under Pigstruction back in March, and were able to put together some guides and preliminary walkthroughs.
The Angry Birds are back! Join your favorite feathered heroes on an all-new adventure as they storm Piggy Island to rescue their poor eggs (again)! But this time is different – the island is under pigstruction and the pigs are building super challenging multi-stage levels that require new ways of logic, skill and force to win. Get ready to fall in love again!
Things We Know Now
- Birds can level up! See the forum topic here.
- The Arena is unlocked after level 25. We put together a first look below and there is a great forum topic started by @sal9.
- You receive a certain number of hearts that replenish over time. If you beat a level or restart before flinging a bird you DO NOT lose a heart.
- Your bird line-up is determined randomly and the birds appear on “Cards”. You receive a certain number of cards to start each level, and more can be obtained by earning a certain number of points. If you exhaust all your cards you basically run out of birds. Occasionally, you’re able to watch a video ad to earn another card.
- Most levels change when restarting. They’re usually similar, but the configuration can significantly impact your ability to 3 star or simply beat a level. There’s a forum topic about this here.
Arena First Look
Chose Your Bird
It’s the ultimate slingshot strategy – you get to choose which bird to fling next! “But that makes it easier” “WRONG!” You’ll need to master new spells and strategies if you’re going to stop those eggs getting scrambled. And with the new Destruct-O-Meter, the more blocks you destroy, the more extra throws you get!
Multi Stage Levels
You’ve never seen Piggy Island like this – jaw-droppingly stunning levels brimming with exotic plants, quirky details and plenty of peril. And because those naughty porkies are building their pigstructions right under your beak, many levels have multiple stages. Uh oh.
Use blizzards, chilis, magic ducks and other outrageous spells to inflate the pigs for easier popping or to freeze their forts. And when you need some serious help, guess who’s at hand to make a pork-smashing cameo? That’s right, it’s the sardine loving Mighty Eagle. Oh yeah!
Challenge Other Players
Challenge players from across the world in the new leaderboards to see who’s the most hardcore bird flinger of them all.. Play new tournaments every day and earn more feathers to level up your birds to face the toughest competition on the planet. Seriously, it’s gonna be mega tough.
Defeat Boss Piggies
There’s some serious bad guys on Piggy Island, and your slingshot skills are needed to take them down. Foreman Pig, Chef Pig and – of course – the infamous King Pig make this the toughest challenge the birds have seen so far. Have you got what it takes to get the precious eggs back from these baddies?
It’s also important to note that Angry Birds 2 is optimized for iPhone 5, iPad 3, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer. You can try it on older devices, but we can’t guarantee a smooth bird flinging experience!
- If you want to know more about Angry Birds 2 check out this article. It includes tons of details and a first look video.
- Need help? Stuck on a boos? Boss Fights walkthroughs are available here.
- Join the conversation in the Angry Birds Under 2 forum.
Note it’s your turn. Let us know what you think of this update by leaving a comment below. Haven’t played? Are you looking forward to it being released worldwide?