Oh yes, our dreams have finally come true! The all-knowing, all-powerful Mighty Eagle has broken through the iOS barriers and landed for Android via Google Play! If you have been waiting, itching, chomping at the bit for this update, run to Google Play and download v2.2.0 of Angry Birds.
This update includes a lot of goodies, but most of it we have already written about. So, be sure to check out the following links as needed:
- 15 new levels! The second chapter of Surf & Turf features several challenging levels, so see our 3-star walkthrough pages if you need any help.
- Power Ups! Yes, power ups have landed for ABo via Android’s Google Play as well. I want to include the same disclaimers here as we do on the main release post though. First, we have a dedicated forum thread for you to post your opinions about power ups, so please do not post criticisms here. Second, power up scores are not permitted on our leaderboards. Finally, if you want to read all about what these power ups actually mean, see our full explanatory post.
- Worried about your money? With consumable in-app purchases, one should always be weary about running up a big credit card bill, especially if you have little kids playing the game. See how to restrict IAPs on Android devices.
- No More Ads! If you would like to remove those pesky ads, you can now buy them away for $0.99 USD.
To see how to complete in-app purchases on Android, see this post.
The Mighty Eagle Himself
And now for the coup de grâce…
The Mighty Eagle has taken a rather circuitous path to Google Play, but it has arrived nonetheless, and that’s the best news of all. There is wayyyyy too much information about the Mighty Eagle to list it all in one post, so here’s what you need to know.
- Price: One-time purchase of $0.99 USD.
- Usage: May be used once per hour to skip a level with 0 stars. May be used without limitation on levels already passed with at least 1 star.
- Goal: If you are using it to skip a level, there is no real “goal”. If you have already passed the level, try to obtain the Eagle Feather by getting “Total Destruction” of the level. Some require every block, some require a predetermined amount of damage.
- Need help? We have videos for the hardest levels.
- Want to learn more? See our Mighty Eagle Explained post for pricing information, platform availability, and more.
- Want some tips? FujiToast’s own Tips & Tricks post can help you!
- Want to see these tricks in action? AMslimfordy’s Angry Birds Classroom has several videos about the Mighties.
Please do not enter scores on the ABo leaderboard that were obtained using power-ups. One of the key issues is the game does not distinguish between scores obtained using power-ups and those without. Recently, we announced a new feature on the leaderboard that allows you to undo your score. This should help those who accidentally entered power-up scores, as they can now be reverted (this could be ones only record of their scores). We are working on additional enhancements and will announce those soon.