Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 162 total)
  • Replies
  • PJng
    @pjng

Just found some item not display probaly,
    After reward blueprint on loot, empty paper is show.

Screenshot_20170301-004132.png

Screenshot_20170301-005552.png

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pjng That’s a new graphical glitch. Post these screenshots to Rovio Support so that they may fix it quickly. A soft update would be enough.

;)
    @winkwink

The Angry Birds Blast pop up I get every time I open the game is way more annoying and useless than the golden pig alert. I also had treasure chests in the caves regularly until the last 2.0.0 update – no more bonus FE’s, LC’s, or Exp. potions…

Coach MP
    @coachmp

So… about finding this elusive golden pig… He was on my map yesterday. I beat him in the morning. it’s been over 24 hours. No golden pig yet. Or I just haven’t spotted him. Is the gp going to be every 24 hours? Or when ever rovio feels like it? =sigh=

metztli013
    @metztli013

Yeah… I miss the golden pig pop up. It did nothing for helping me find it, because honestly I don’t have all the areas of the map memorized =/ BUT it *reminded* me that the pig was there so I could look for it.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@coachmp I asked Rovio that question the answered between 24 and 36 hours. So basically you will get perhaps 3 each week if you are lucky.

Dani
    @dlmiller626

Hello All,

Is it because of the update that the event is ridiculously difficult? I have never played one of these events that is this difficult. I had to use the 20% video, 3 cherry drinks, and 2 chilis to get through one battle. And it took like 15 minutes. Is it me or is that absurd? And from the looks of my leaderboard, others are not progressing much faster. Top score is only 1,810. They need to adjust the difficulty level or I might pass on this event. Too much aggravation.

burbman
    @burbman

@dmiller626 – What level/mastery are your birds? Also what is the counter at for the Titan?

DD
    @toolow

Not sure if anyone noticed but the battles for golden pig has got significantly more difficult. Pigs used to be the same rating as those defeated at the same map location, but now they are a lot more powerful when appearing with a golden pig which is also beefed up. It’s not be a problem for high level players but may pose a problem for birds with low mastery levels.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@toolow I noticed that too

Pointless
    @pointless

OK, as we all know by now, this Friend List thing is extremely annoying. I have to close the List and reopen it every time I want to change pages. Takes way too much time (which I don’t have at the moment). Sorry to all my FB Friends that I have been “ignoring” due to this.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Rovio did say they “rebalanced” the pigs. Yeah..

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Oh… I thought they were referring themselves. Oh, wait…

PJng
    @pjng

@datguygamer, look like getting cheated,
    Before start battle it show power only 16,
    Battle start golden pig has whooping nearly 6000,

Screenshot_20170302-163505.png

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow made me laugh.

Has anyone had trouble with freezing when Witch attacks in the Arena. I have lost 2 banners both before completing objectives. I use Witch to attack the highlighting disappears and it looks as though nothing happens but then the annoying pink froth appears on the target. It’s now the opponents turn but nothing is highlighted. I have to abort the battle.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless go immediately to your last page it works going backwards for me.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley Just tried Witch but cannot reproduce your problem.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow it’s intermittent so really irritating because for the most part I can use her. On both occasions I attacked Matilda don’t know if that’s significant. She was also the last to take her shot. Unavoidable when she was my only bird standing at the time.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley

Oh no. I can only guess that it might have something to do with programming error where two things are suppose to happen in order but end up didn’t. I’m also guessing that it might have to do with RAM is almost exhausted and the device is trying to recover more memory but end up triggering the previous one. This is all highly speculative.

In the mean time, I suggest you pause a little in between initiating attacks from different birds, and restart the game after a ‘large’ number of battles. However, I don’t know if this will help or not. And by all means, report the problem to Rovio support.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Lol, that’s a new kind of roast if I ever saw one. XD

@pjng
    Yeah, the powers are scaled poorly. It shows power as less but the pigs deal way more damage than what the power suggests.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow thanks I will report it. I have screen shots. Definitely wasn’t to do with playing for any length of time. It was my first battle for new objectives and I hadn’t played for hours. I always switch my iPad off.

I do play very quickly so pausing may help.

Ram always foxes me. I know what it stands for but have no idea what it means. I play on an iPad Air 2 with (because it says so on the box) 64GB of Ram. I have only FB Messenger and Epic on my device. Lots of photos. How much does this game need?

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    The 64 GB is the storage capacity and the content is persistent between power cycles whereas RAM is non-persistent. The apps or programs are loaded from storage into RAM before the processor in the device executes the loaded instructions i.e. runs the apps. During processing the data that is needed or generated must reside in RAM, with the result written to storage if it needs to be persistent.

In terms of your iPad, the 64 GB is listed under Capacity in the technical specs. Apple do not advertise the RAM capacity because this is of little use to most consumers. If you look at the list of iOS devices, you’ll see that iPad Air 2 is listed to have 2 GB DRAM. That doesn’t mean you get that much RAM to run apps such as Epic because iOS reserves some for itself and other running apps. In fact, iOS can be very conservative allocating RAM for a running app and will start notifying apps to reduce RAM usage and killing apps when RAM is running low against some threshold.

I don’t know how much RAM Epic is using, but @datguygamer has reported significant increase from the last version on Android, in excess of 600 MB. I can only imagine that it’s no better on iOS. That seems a significant amount of RAM to use for game of this type.

If I have played a large number of battles, at some point Epic will crash. And other apps that I kept running in the background would have been killed at this point by iOS. The only explanation for me is that RAM allocated to apps have been exhausted, in this case, Epic which may have not release allocated RAM when it should have. Not proof, but it fits the narration.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@winkwink
    Totally agree with you on the Blast pop-up. Sometimes it doesn’t even pop up right at the start and I tap somewhere and THEN the pop-up appears making me accidentally tap it and taking me to the Store. Ugh.
    I’d rather have the “annoying” Golden Pig pop-up back… since I know the places it’s a great hint as to where the pig currently is. But now, it’s all about memorising when I last defeated it, and then playing a game of “Where’s Waldo?”…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow thank you. I am actually beginning to understand what Ram is all about. I have noticed crashes after running for a length of time which is why I don’t do it. I had no idea why. I also don’t keep anything runnng in the background for the same reason. I thought my iPad was not powerful enough. Epic is a hungry beast. Poor design there is no need for such ineffiency. Oh well that’s Rovio for you.

PJng
    @pjng

On my android device it use nearly 400MB if RAM,
    Few version ago just around 300MB.
    Maybe used up too many RAM,
    Sometime i switch to browser read something,
    Switch back to Epic game it reload again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.