Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 162 total)
  • Replies
  • Hana
    @hanaseoul

EDIT: I fixed my FB login issue but deactivating my original FB account. I will reactive it tomorrow and hopefully everything will still work.

I am unable to log into my FB account since the update. It brings me to a FB page that says I have already authorized Angry Birds Epic, I click OK, it goes back to the game and says “Facebook Login Failed”. I originally used a different FB account to log in, but I have logged out of that FB account.

Also, when I try to play the game on my iPad mini, it loads up and then crashes.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui Mastery Ups from battle remain unchanged. Just got my Samurai up to M70 this way.
    Also very happy with V2.0 so far…many improvements, and beside the Friends List being laggy, not much to complain about. Haven’t noticed the Cave Chest, though. That’s a pain, for sure.

DD
    @toolow

For those who are still on v1.5.7, you may have noticed that the Tinker Titan event has been removed, and no more events are currently scheduled. Not sure if it’s going to change, and perhaps it’s Rovio’s hint to update or else…

@timber

It’s possible that v2.0 is not memory efficient and uses more memory than your iPad 2 can provide. Rovio should either address the inefficiency or disable support on unsupported devices.

@pixelyzed

Congrats for the set items.

@jennt

Hope Rovio support can help you here.

@zaqxsw

It would seem so.

@jamairoqui

Seems like a concurrency problem in programming. Even with the older versions, paging through friends list fast enough will crash on my device.

@hanaseoul

You may have to logout of FB from the game FIRST, and unlink ABE from FB under Settings | Apps.

Hana
    @hanaseoul

@toolow

Thank you for the suggestion, but sadly, it did not work. I have even tried deleting FB and reinstalling it with only my Angry Birds FB account. That hasn’t been successful either. I don’t know what else to try.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow I have complied a list of bugs for Rovio to investigate. Let’s see if they reply back or not.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless I didn’t mean classes don’t level up in the dojo, just that before, when a class leveled up it told you immediately when you made the mastery buy. Now, it doesn’t do that, it gives you the notice that the class levels up after you are all through and are leaving the dojo.

It’s a niggling point, doesn’t affect anything, but it is different and confused me at first because I knew a class was ready to level up on its next mastery buy and it didn’t (well, it did, but the game didn’t tell me it had until *after* I left the dojo).

Also, the little icons for the different non-epic set banners are different. So at first I thought I had all new banners. But they are the same, it’s just the “stun” icon and “healing” icons are different.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

How are we supposed to know to look for the Golden Pig now? They said they removed the pop up when the game starts.

They should have the pig pop up every day at a set time to avoid confusion. That way would be way less confusing.

DD
    @toolow

@hanaseoul
    Sorry to hear. Unless @datguygamer or someone else has any suggestions, perhaps you should report your problem to Rovio support.

@datguygamer

Good to know. I’m sure they’ll address some of them.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@gabe-nestor You have to manually look around the map for the Golden Pig now. Zoom out and keep an eye out for that yellow glow the Golden Pig exudes.

@hanaseoul
    The Facebook login is apparently killing the game on some devices that does not support optimized resolution. I’ve had some of my friends report me about the thing. What you need to do is go to Facebook and go to settings. Manually remove any and all connections the game has with any account (even Game Center). After removing accounts that are connected with Epic, reinstall the game. Also, if you have Facebook app installed, you have to uninstall that as well (after logging out of it). Any game that has asynchronous connectivity with Facebook gives problems while connecting if anyone has a Facebook app installed as well (connectivity signatures conflict and thus start giving errors).

@toolow
    If you have any bugs to report, do it.

Hana
    @hanaseoul

@datguygamer

Thank you for the tip. Sorry other people have the same issue.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Just to repeat everything that has already been said. No adds in caves any more. and I agree with @gabe-nestor The annoying gold pig pop up add wasn’t really all that annoying. Endless searching for a golden pig that isn’t there, THAT’S annoying!

So my take (for what it’s worth) Rovio made some sneaky but strategic moves on their part to increase revenue for them by:
    -Hiding the golden pig. If you can’t find it, no daily lc.
    -Taking away cave add. Again, no more fe, exp potion, or lc.
    -Upping the price of the gpm. Rolls are more expensive now.

Time will only tell if it will help our hurt their profits. As for me, I was a bit annoyed. Never the less, feel free to call me a pessimist or a conspiracy theorist. Just some thoughts on 2.0.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Well, crap. Today the game refused to load without an update. Well, okay, I reinstalled it. Now it’s stuck at the loading screen. I’ve tried restarting and reinstalling several times, but no banana. It seems that the game decided to forcefully release me from addiction.

Screenshot_2017-02-27-14-40-54.jpg

PJng
    @pjng

It is this game need 0.92GB?
    I see on my device setting it show use 0.92GB storage, my device is 16GB, no room if every update increase size.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@hanaseoul
    Try to not use FB app in your device. I remember that it caused some problems in the game for me. I use FB LITE app and those problems are gone.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

100% agree with you @gabe-nestor

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui sorry for the confusion. I just meant that, in battle, the game does still show the Mastery Up animation, whereas, as noted, it no longer does at the Dojo.

DD
    @toolow

@pjng If it’s any consolation, the game is 492MB with 2.34GB data on my iPad. :S

burbman
    @burbman

@coachmp – With regard to your conspiracy theory, I totally understand how hiding the golden pig might reduce the numbers of players who find and obtain on a daily basis. Possibly increasing IAP’s.

But removing the cave videos seems like it would reduce revenue from the game rather than enhance it. Rovio gets paid every time a player watches one of those reward videos, and I do not know any players who refuse to watch a 15-30 sec video for some in game reward, whereas I know of plenty of players who refuse to part with any real world money. Granted, I do not know how much they get paid per video, but it is more than they are going to get from me without them.

PJng
    @pjng

I cannot hold down on star level to see how many EXP left i need to next level, that blue star on upper left screen.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Rovio support is now a proud owner of 12 additional bug reports.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pjng Doesn’t work on my device as well.

@toolow
    They should be happy.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

It’s not a bug but I wish they would remove the annoying pink fluff that Witch now induces.

No the pop up for the GP was not annoying just helpful.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman @coachmp the cave chest disappeared before the update was released so perhaps it’s not intentional.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley

The pop up for the GP IS annoying… for Rovio, not us. What is annoying to us is the Blast (pun intended) ad pop up when we start the app.

The chest cave disappearance may not be tied to v2.0.0 but may still be intentional… you know, “game economics”.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow all the start up ads are annoying that’s true. You’re probably right they did mean to remove the cave chest. Just plain mean.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.