The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m really, really happy that all of our complaining and blowing off steam does occasionally result in some productive feedback that helps Rovio to make the game better.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

It is great to hear that small pigs are getting tweaks in future updates. I’m very eager to wait! :)

Proteus
    @proteus

Just a normal day in arena.

Screenshot_2016-05-19-13-14-38.png

And i can’t wait for the next updates so that micro-almost-immortal-pigs can be gone.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Can anyone confirm that micropigs are easier to pop with the new update? I’ve got a feeling but no reliable data.

Anonymous

Since the update I haven’t had a single problem with the Micro Pigs. Now it’s much easier for me to beat levels! :D

Bad luck is still a thing however: :P
    Screenshot_20160519-182916.png

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

One of my bad luck moments was in level 50, where the Foreman Pig went through the portal and landed safely on one of the structures, where I couldn’t get him because of the Firefighter Pigs. I suppose partshade was slightly wrong about them being “just for decoration”… I don’t have a screenshot of it because that was in the past and it’s hard to re-emulate.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Micropigs are NOT easier to pop in the new update. I’m still encountering issues with them being blown all over the place and just landing somewhere.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djlarryt – I was under the impression that the tweak would deal with situations in which it appeared that one should roll down a slope or fall off an edge that it was teetering on. I didn’t think it was supposed to reduce their overall strength, though I’d be all for doing that because it doesn’t really make sense that the micropigs can take so much more damage than the bigger ones.

Yesterday, in one of the particularly frustrating new levels, I somehow managed to knock down a micropig that was in a basket. There was nothing but open air below him; unfortunately a geyser blew him onto a nearby platform, the basket broke, the pig began to roll across a flat surface, and then just mysteriously stopped. So I’m wondering if the “pig friction” fix has actually been made yet. Just because there was an update does not mean this was done in that update.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@david-martin true. I was referring to what I witnessed this morning: I sent a micropig flying towards a geyser. The geyser blew him back up to a platform; he rolled off the platform back to the geyser, the geyser blew him back up again, he rolled off again, blew back up again, etc. This repeated for about 4 or 5 times until I got tired of waiting and just nailed him in mid-air so I could move on.

So obviously they are just as strong as they ever were.

David Martin
    @david-martin

If the platform was snow, then it makes sense that the pig wouldn’t get hurt by the impact. In my case the platform was one of the normal, flat, solid ones that had been the base for a structure.

Anonymous

@kingpiggy087 The thing is, I said that they’re just for decoration because the birds aren’t even supposed to enter that part of the level. Normally it’s easy to KO the boss without even coming near the Fireman Pigs. From what you said he got stuck down in that area without popping, correct? If so, I feel really bad for you because that should never happen. D:

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Follow-up… micropigs are alive and well.

Example: Blew up this ENTIRE structure with a bomb. Everything obliterated…. EXCEPT this one single little micropig that was sitting in the middle of the tower.

Explain that one.

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Been seeing so many bad luck things lately I decided to split them up in my Dropbox… I created five categories. “Immortal pigs”, “Non-collapsing structures”, “Weak Terence”, “Simply bad luck” and “Other non-explanable things”. I decided I won’t post them all anymore, especially with immortals being so common. Just a selection.
    Note that most of these screenshots are still from the old game version. Anything from now will be 2.7.1 guaranteed.

Not just this guy survived the attack… he’s also in such an impossible corner.

I’ve always hated this structure. Those balloons make it so stable.

This actually did not collapse. I’m not kidding.

He just bounced off. He should’ve went through. Ok, I shot him upwards so he lost speed. But a single plank shouldn’t stop him.

Again, Terence didn’t break through. And he had a LOT more velocity here.

Ack. So close.

I was unable to clear this so I had to start over. On a TWO-WAVE level.

I see this “marble course” quite frequently. Normally the rock always breaks through the glass below, then the balloon. But this time, the balloon stopped the rock. Huh.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Ugh, I hate that “marble course” structure. The boulder almost never goes where I want it to – either I hit it with too much force and it breaks through too early, or the purple balloon pops and it falls off to the right (leaving two pigs behind stone that I can’t easily take out), or it’s in a difficult place to push the stone at the right angle without knocking it off course. Just too many variables there.

I really wish they’d knock it off with the balloon-heavy structures in general. They’re huge bird-wasters if you don’t have Bomb handy, which means for me that they’ll always show up right after I’ve used Bomb on the previous screen.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    For me it works usually… but sometimes it’s an epic fail like above. Or the boulder just runs off.

I wish they’d make balloons less stable. Ok, it’s alright if they’re there to stabilize structures when they just spawn – but upon the slightest movement they should pop.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly…

I needed an extra bird for this one… I already considered it lost but then Terence bounced back and destroyed a single stone block. I won by 228 points. 228 points.

Which makes me wonder – has Rovio ever planned something for what’s to happen if a battle was to end in a draw?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 I wish I’d have thought of taking a screencap the one time I LOST by 10 points. That’s right…. I was furious.

Anyway, here’s my laughable bad luck for yesterday:

1. How in the world is this structure still standing?

View post on imgur.com

2. Notice the balloon piglet with the new hat. That’s right, I detonated a structure and a piece of the ice flew up, hit him while he was floating and popped NEITHER the balloon NOR the piglet. He floated around with it on his head until he just gently descended into valley you see him in, presumably because of the extra weight. Guess balloons and beanie pigs have also been amped up in strength when pieces of broken buildings don’t take them down.

View post on imgur.com

3. A giant magician pig after using a Pig Puffer. At least my target was clearly visible

View post on imgur.com

4. This micropig was on a structure in the middle of the screen. When I blew it to bits, he was conveniently relocated to the small ledge further away and landed on a piece of the rubble that went flying over there with him. Such BS, of course the purpose was to only cost me another bird to get rid of him. He wasn’t rolling down… he was stuck there.

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    Ouch. D: That sucks somewhat.
    It brings a lot of joy to win this close – but as much frustration to lose this close.

1. Oh yeah I know this structure. No idea how it’s stable, but once, when it spawned it decided to collapse on its own. Odd.

2. Ice is known for not popping balloons or pigs well. If that had been wood or stone it would’ve been different. That’s why I hate the structure with tons of ice and tons of pigs inside ice cubes, too. It always takes two birds or more.

3. Inflation alone won’t kill pigs. I wish they were to simply pop if that happens. It’d make the item so much better.

4. Think Bankler explained this one before, all pigs can resist falling down to some extent but somehow the micropigs have more friction making them able to hold on a lot longer. He says he’s on it.

@captsternn

Bigfoot came to visit me today, too. He gave me a sardine tin. I wondered what it was used for, and he pointed at the sky at this massive eagle soaring around. Unfortunately didn’t see any aliens or Elvis.

It was my reward for reaching rank 30. Normally I’d get gems or blizzards from these but this time my game was generous :D

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 I forgot to mention that I had already inflated that Magician Pig and he continued to warp around the screen :p

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Congrats on getting a visit from Bigfoot, Yoshi. Too bad Elvis and the aliens weren’t with him.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Been a few days since this thread was updated, so here is something that happened this morning. This guy was trying to fall but the geyser was holding him up. He just sat there and spun around …

round and round

And some of the classic micro-pigs …

piggy 1

piggy 2

piggy 3

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Hahahaha @captsternn that geyser one is hilarious! I’ve actually had the geyser keep pieces floating so the building wouldn’t fall down.

Here’s my bad luck for the day:

1) Mathilda replaces a block instead of knocking down the tower:

View post on imgur.com

2) How in the world is this structure staying up?

View post on imgur.com

3) How in the world is THIS structure staying up? What happened to Gravity in AB2 land?

View post on imgur.com

4) Pieces go through other pieces… seems they’re not solid anymore

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    1) Ah! I hate when that happens.
    2) This does make sense (considering balloons are semi-indestructible). The top part of the structure wants to collapse to the right and the bottom part wants to collapse to the left, but since the top part is heavier it keeps the bottom part at the right which makes the structure stable.
    3) Of course, thinking logically a single wooden plank shouldn’t keep this structure stable and it probably should collapse to the left upon the slightest breeze – but the centre of gravity is exactly above the wooden plank which is why this is stable :(

My “stable structure” input for today:

And in this one, micropig alert as well:

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That is German engineering, Yoshi. ;)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Question: somewhat pertaining to good luck. If inappropriate for this thread just tell me and I will delete. Okay here goes…. Has anybody 1 birded a 5 level room? I notice it’s on the Game Center board.

I’m level 64 and I haven’t even come close.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.