Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

This was an “Epic” waste of time. I wasted tons of friendship re spinning gat wheel for crap items. There was nothing worth while on there! FAIL

Paladin
    @jsant

@Derelict are you kidding me? I must have drew a super-bad batch of players to be in. I had almost 20,000 trophies and came in 4th :/ 1st place in my set had over 80,000 trophies (wtf???). 7th place had over 10,000 trophies.

All I’ve got to say is for the people that made it to stone, brace yourself its going to get a lot harder. I think for me getting 4th was a blessing in disguise. The challenge level dropped to a much more reasonable level and hopefully beating the daily challenges will be enough to get me to stone next week (I don’t want to play 24×7, plus I still have mastery to get).

As for bugs, so far I have ran into 0 in gameplay. There are a HUGE number of items that you can get for you banner, so I would always check your opponents banner to see what you are in for. These include items that let birds go multiple times, that can steal healing, etc. Also, like the other golden pig machine you can get set/rainbow items even at Wood. There are some people that already have all the rainbow items after spending some serious coin.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I used 1 are spin.

I have 145 now, lol

I lost twice in Stone, maybe I’ll leave it to level up for now.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

Stone is so hard, I have to change my strat.
    at Level 15. Maybe I’ll get up to Level 17.

I’m in the league, but in my leaderboard, I have no-one lol.
    Also, out of every friend I had (minus Piggy MC), only 1 of my friends promoted. and every friend that plays PvP is on Level +38

TomC
    @tomc

It seems like 99% of all the hardcore/active players are at Level 41 so lower levels actually end up with an easier time in the arena.

Yeah the wheel prizes are all wood banner level, so they’re all crap, don’t re-spin! I’d only re-spin if Thorn Emblem was a prize but it’s not.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I was lucky to have thorns. :) But yeah, I have a big Friendship Stock, with 155.
    Before, all I did was request for Friendship. For like 1 week or so.

I think you play with the levels around your level. I don’t play with like high leveled players. Thorns is good, because it deals 35% damage to the oppenent’s bird attacking your banner, it’s worth it.

TomC
    @tomc

I didn’t get Thorns while in the wood league but I wonder if it’s still possible in the stone league wheel.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

I finished third and got promoted to the Stone league. This gave me 3 new daily objectives which I completed, so I’m pretty much done for today, even though I haven’t lost 3 times yet. The thing is, since the promotion to Stone league, there is nobody on my leaderboard. I know it was only a few hours ago, but still… Anyone else experiencing this?

Heather Amarantes
    @heather-amarantes

Yes. I am experiencing the same in arena and my holiday event points completely reset with no other players in event or arena. I was not doing well in arena and lost the first 3 battles I played. However, I had worked my way up to first place in holiday event using over 30 previously saved stamina drinks. Bummed about losing those.

Edit
    I now have lots of people in holiday event. I have 410 event points now and the top player has over 3000. Still no other players in arena in rank.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

I agree, started stone and pounded out the bonuses. Now I’ll only play if I’m bored. There is no one else on my board so I assume I get about a 6k lead?

Anonymous

No one on my board and I’m still in wood league. This should let me rank up though.

Heather Amarantes
    @heather-amarantes

Wood here too. Can’t beat a single battle though. Sigh.

TomC
    @tomc

Sometimes I see only myself on the event leaderboard but it’s really just lag and eventually the rest of the leaderboard shows up. Hoping the arena leaderboard is truly just myself and not a bunch of hidden players.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

week 1 finish update

Android device (lvl 37) couldn’t cut the mustard. My birds are mastery 5,6, or 7 and I have a few matched sets (although none of them are level 37). I could barely win a few of the matches on that device at all since every opponent has matched sets and better mastery. Finished below 3rd, did not advance. Got a matched freezing banner set, made no difference.

iOS device (level 17) finished second without playing on two of the days. My device is overpowered against all the opponents because I have level 5 and 6 mastery birds and a few set matches. This event enables the device to continue to avoid leveling up while buying mastery upgrades with the snoutlings.

Thing is – since the introduction of mastery I’ve been thinking that there is a disincentive to level up. The events, castle, caves match the level of your birds, so leveling up doesn’t give any advantage at all. The better advantage comes from mastery. All I’ve done on my iOS device is play enough to unlock chronicles, then stopped. I’ve participated (marginally) in the events, which is why it has the mastery levels, but I don’t run the caves and haven’t farmed any snoutlings or mastery. Better to just sit, I guess.

I still disdain the arena. I think the side-effect of a p2w pvp arena is that it’s drawn in lots of players who will “compete” in the rest of the game. The events are also “pvp” in that there is a leader board. I really enjoyed the game, but it looks like the future content is just “competition” in some kind of ranked event with other players who are obviously “better” than me. I just wanted to plod along and enjoy game progress, but there may be no future updates to progress through. Oh well. It was a pretty fun ride. I’ll enjoy it while I still get some fun out of it :).

Paladin
    @jsant

I’m positive the future updates will be more than just PvP. Rovio has been pretty good about updating the game regularly with new content. Over the last 5 months they added 100 new levels and multiple events in addition to the PvP. I’m hoping for a new storyline within the next 6 months (or battles with pigs leveraging the banners from PvP).

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

The events are all competitive as well. If the pseudo pvp of the arena draws in the competitive player set, it may mean more difficulty getting those event rewards. I don’t want to compete with anyone – I play games to relax from the ultra competitive real world.

I just want to enjoy the arpg elements of the game. :(

Paladin
    @jsant

You can still ignore all the PVP and event stuff and just enjoy to single player campaign. There does not appear to be any benefit to the PVP items in the main game. The events give you tons of mastery, but they are really easy to get 2 or 3 stars.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

Still in a league alone, lol

I had one battle, where it was really intense. When all of my birds were knocked out, my oppenent’s birds died attacking the banner because they had no idea I had thorns and I snatched the win with 576 HP.

I love these moments.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

I’m also in a PvP league by myself. Also, in the main game I started out in a league of active players that had several thousand points before I realized the blue spinning wheel meant a game was on. But after a crash, my league changed and I’m in first with 3K points and the second place person hasn’t changed from 1K. Ever since PvP started, the game is much more unstable – even in the main game. I never had it crash on me but now it crashes at least 2x per day. Also, my rage chili stops working periodically – I bring it over to my bird and nothing happens and it’s no longer powered up, can’t use it. Annoying and frustrating.

Heather Amarantes
    @heather-amarantes

The rage chili bug happened to me 5 or 6 times in the last week or so before pvp. Also having problems watching videos to get free potions or essence in caves.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@filthycasual I hope you are aware that I thought the first round of the arena event was awful. And it didn’t help that my game constantly crashed. However, for the second round the battles are much fairer. Most of my opponents have been at my mastery level (8) or slightly below. I have been able to win even when I lost the coin toss. I did come across a team with mastery 10, but I just passed on them.

I am not particularly interested in competing on the leaderboard, but I think there is now an opportunity to play this for fun and to test our skills. I suggest you just ignore the leaderboard and look at the three daily goals as your challenges. One of mine was to win with Sea Dog, which I don’t have, but I completed the other two. I also had the chance to play against Skulkers and Thunderbird, both also birds that I don’t have, which gave me an opportunity to see how they work.

Now that the difficulty level has been reduced – at least for the current round – I think this event is not too bad. We just have to wait until all the competitive players advance up the league tables and stop getting in the way of our fun. And there is no need to think of it as PvP, as the other ABE players are just providing a selection of bird opponents.

And lastly, we do have the option to play or to not play on any given day. I can’t see how skipping days will have any impact on those of us not in competition mode.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Well…

It seems after they locked everyone out of server for a few hours this morning, I am no longer alone in the battle league this time… first 2 days I was alone and now today there’s a bunch in the league and of course I ain’t first place anymore. :-(

Might be able to catch up but who knows…

This PvP stuff is completely unbalanced. There is no relation between mastery levels and everything is stacked against the legit players of lvl 41. A word of advice to anyone not at lvl 41 yet, if you want to do the arena, don’t level up!!!

All you get is maxed out mastery opponents with epic banners of muh higher levels and any roll against you ensures a loss by knocking out birds in the first round. No chance of winning this stuff anymore, not even the daily challenges.

I tried for a while to restart the game and force a different line-up of enemies, but now I’m in stone level and there’s no such thing as equals or lower which give you no chance of winning any game started by the enemy.

All line-ups are all full epic sets, filled with Paladin (minimum mastery 8), Wizard (minimum mastery 8), Druid/Bard/princess (all minimum mastery 7), Rogues/spies (minimum mastery 8). I’ve seen one Capt’n and one sea dog, both of them were mastery 10.

50% of the times all enemies are lvl 10.

I’m lvl 41 myself with mastery levels varying at 6 or 7 and varying epic set items, most of them not maxed for this level. The only chance I have is to win the start-roll and use my chili, which can sometimes nock 1 or 2 enemies out. Only then I get a chance to win anything.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I don’t mind falling back a few places. I’m not in a huge hurry to be moved to Stone League and be crushed.

Edit : I too had problems with the rage chili. Hopefully, this latest fix will cover the error.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m still in the Wood league despite scoring 22k in the first week which was only 4 days long. It looks like I’m going to be stuck in the Wood league again because I can’t catch 3 people who are already 2k or more ahead of me after I completed all of today’s objectives. It is frustrating that I’ve gotten the Thunderbird objective multiple times and that is the only headset I don’t have. I also got objectives that require the Sea Dog and Skulkers, but I have those. It seems like the game is picking headsets that many people might not have at a higher rate than other headsets to try and get them to buy those headsets.

In the Wood league I’ve been getting several level 39 computer opponents which are much easier to beat than player opponents because the computer opponents often use some non-set items and their mastery was only level 6 or 7. You can tell a computer opponent because there is no class description when you click on the character. You just see Red, Matilda, Chuck, etc instead of seeing Paladin, Mage or whatever class the birds are.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.