Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

This event is pay to win. There is no doubt about that. After the first round, all the opponents I saw had complete banners with set item tops etc. They have obviously used lots of LC’s for spins on the GPM. I only saw a few, because the game crashed each time when I entered the first two battles, so I gave up. I also avoided entering battles with opponents who had completed high level sets for each of their birds – another indication that someone may have paid lots of LCs. The other threads also give examples of players with all the completed sets for banners.

The highest level of players in this game will most likely come from those with the best completed sets – weapons/offhand items and banners. Seems ridiculous for a PvP type of event. This doesn’t affect me in the main game, but it will affect the outcome of this event. Hopefully those who have spent lots of money will be separated from the rest after the first couple of rounds.

And for these reasons, I hope that there are no rewards (except snoutlings – they can have them) that influence the main game.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Early in the second round there was someone with 20 k points on my leaderboard. The same player was also over 10k after 1 round.

My son opened up the event on my old ipad 2 and spent some gold coins (20?) to get a new round of battles. This is the first time he had wasted “my” gold coins in a while – arrrhhh! This gave me a new set of daily objectives. I wonder if this is how they manage to accumulate more points. Play til they lose 3 times, then pay for a new round of battles. I don’t suggest you try this.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Thanks. That explains how one person was able to get to 60k after the first day. I’m not wasting any LC on this event, but I do like the challenge even though I don’t think it is balanced well. I just don’t like the fact that there are a lot more bugs now. I’m constantly getting told that I have a free spin waiting for me on a friend’s machine. I must get that message 10 times a day and it has waken me up a couple times at night too.

However I hope there are rewards that can affect the main game like set items or LC. Me winning a reward would not affect you in the main game at all. If I can’t win awards that are helpful in PvP, I’ll always be at a pretty big disadvantage in PvP. Tops, banners and emblems are awards, but aren’t enough for someone like me who only has one level 41 set weapon.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Perhaps it is just my sense of justice and fair play – that the winner of the tournament gets a little trophy to sit on their home page, a few thousand snoutlings for their trouble and a realisation (although they probably won’t care) that they have been able to buy their way to victory.

Who knows how things will work out after a few rounds. Perhaps the third, fourth or fifth tiers of players will be a little more even. And perhaps after everyone gets some banner items that have defensive abilities, winning the toss will not be such an advantage and strategies will matter.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mofavo yes I couldn’t play the first day because of 3 crashes in a row. I complained to Rovio. When it next happened I noticed it was the bird that blocked my attack that caused the freeze. I solved it by taking out the banner protecting bird. No freezes since.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Seems like arena is bugged a lot. Sometimes enemy birds have more turns than they should, for example red and white birds are hitting twice while chuck only once. Sometimes my paladin heals enemy birds instead of mine when I attack them. And I scored more than 51k points quite a few times, like 56k or something.

MadMike
    @madmike

@abyssuss – There is a hourglass emblem that gives 10% chance for birds to earn extra turn (don’t know if it stacks with chucks time set).

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@madmike Didnt know that, but still many things are bugged

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

So with the impending end of the event – what do people think the wheel rewards are going to be and which 3 will be best.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

It won’t let me into the arena. I have 3 banners, not x-d out, but when I click the “battle” button I hear a click and it does nothing. Anyone else having this issue? I need less than 100 points to get back to two stars.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@colkurtz
    Keep hitting the button or leave the screen and come back. It eventually works.

TomC
    @tomc

There’s quite a bit of hacking going on in the game; just had 5 battles in a row where people had gold, diamond etc. banners.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@tomc Report it to Rovio, hackers like that should be banned.

bouboule
    @bouboule

It’s not necessarily hacking, they probably spent many coins during the golden pig rainbow rush

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

@bouboule how can you get diamond banner items when everyone is in the wood league? I agree something isn’t right here.

TomC
    @tomc

@angryjohnny I would like to but they’re all “Unnamed Player”. Rovio should blanket wipe anyone above stone level like they were able to do with the stamp cards capping at 20.

@bouboule
    This is a separate golden pig from the regular one, and I’m pretty sure as of right now everyone should only be on the first league (wood) and thus can’t get gold, platinum etc.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

They should still not be able to get items other than Wood from the pig machine. Set Items are of course excluded as they are available from the start.

It is players like this that destroys the game by hacking:
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-15-42-41.png

bouboule
    @bouboule

@hack1ge @tomc
    I didn’t know you needed to be in the best leagues to get that kind of banners, I thought you could get them by the GPM.
    I know it’s a different GPM, but the rainbow riot still applies to it.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

I dont know how often leaderboards in the arena are updated, but a no.1 player on my leaderboard gained 4k points in two hours. Im currently second. I wanted to catch him up cause I needed less than tousand points to achieve that. Now im entering arena and that guy has 4k points more.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@abyssuss You can easily get more than 51,000 because you get 2,000 for each enemy bird you knock out do there is no limit to your score if you keep knocking them out after they revive.

Also players can easily buy their way to high scores because each time you spend 20 LC to re-enter the arena after Losing 3 times you get 3 new objectives. The 3 objectives let your score 5500 points. Therefore you will never be able to beat someone who is willing to pay to win. Doesn’t seem fair or balanced in anyway, but that is how Rovio set this arena up.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I don’t even think my opponents in my league (Lvl 13-16 Wood) don’t even know the trick. We just do it the traditional way. Just play, lose 3, wait, repeat.

and it’s almost the end. 3 mins. I already have 16k and my nearest oppenent has 15k.

I will get 1st Place. :)

and usually, I get 51000 if my strat is successful.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

1st Week out of 12 is done!

Yay! I started at Friday, literially. Now you can check your results :)

Mines: http://s18.postimg.org/o7ho49rzd/image.jpg

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

What ended up being on the wheel? Is the shield really the best item? It’s odd because the one with the highlight usually is but that looks like a dispel flag.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I scored over 22K and got 4th. If I hadn’t been given the Thunderbird objective I would have gotten 25k and took 3rd. I got the shield which is 60% protection from dispel and a banner which is the same as one I already have. Too bad they don’t explain what the awards are before you spin. How would someone know if they want to respin?

Derelict
    @derelict

What a joke! I got promoted to stone league with only 5k trophies. Now I’m going to get killed even worse.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.