Patch 1.5.3 preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 360 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc I haven’t tried but I doubt you will be able to keep a device open for about 24 hrs straight. Plus, it would probably say “Epic needs to restart” when the event starts as then the older version will be blacklisted. Who knows, try it.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@panosplays

Not sure where the best snoutling levels are any more, though Star Reef Castle is probably still decent even since the nerf. Cave levels like 4-5 were good for lots of Rogues, but now Cave levels are impossible.

If you mean just grinding resources, find castle levels that have fewer stages, like Wiz Pig’s, which can get you the red water and some other stuff…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryde

Happy to be of service. *smile*

What happened to bubbley?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    I don’t think you can reach M61 anymore. I think they disallowed/disabled it at the same time as they un-nerfed the classes that already reached it. It certainly doesn’t happen the same way it did yesterday, at any rate.
    Also, FYI, I did amend my Rovio support ticket to mention the GAPM issues (as well as the cave/castle pig level issues), and Pekka’s response did acknowledge that those issues are on their radar as well (in addition to the same form letter response that someone else posted above regarding M61/nerfing). Hopefully the other stuff will be fixed soon too.

angryde
    @angryde

@sutekh137

@bubbley
    is at the end of her rope; and is on the verge of quitting. It’s this latest debacle on top of her ongoing dramas re: arena – she’s been wrongly and repeatedly placed on “cheaters boards” and Rovio’s all but admitted they’ve no idea when or how it’ll be fixed.

Such a terrible shame; she’s a vital contributor to this community IMHO.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

How on earth does one grind for mastery now? :/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus So does that mean your birds are back to as strong as they are supposed to be at L60/M60? So the buff you people got was removed?

Also, thanks for letting them know the GAPM issues.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    You mean the 0.9% buff I just mentioned? That’s still in place. I mean, I only just noticed it for the first time a few minutes ago, at the same time that the 55% nerf was removed.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryde

That does suck… I don’t play the Arena, but if I did, I’d be right angry if my “work” got messed up by the game-maker being so continually inept at things.

I am fairly certain that if they ever raise Mastery again, as in it would take months to grind and Dojo to max, I will likely stop playing Epic. That will leave just Bad Piggies and Seasons as Rovio games I play. Rovio has pretty much ruined everything else (or simply killed of and/or stopped updating the other games — I quite liked Stella, for example. *frown*).

Hopefully they get this fixed quickly and the new system and reasoning behind it makes better sense.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus So how do I get this 0.9% buff on my birds? Is it automatic?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So people, since I cannot mail them myself for whatever reason, I want someone else to do this and I want to read their response:

We had mastery ranks up to 15 and each rank provided a 10% boost. So we had a 150% boost in total. Now we have 60 ranks but each rank provides only 2% thus making it 120%. So inevitably, we have lost a 30% boost after updating. That’s the main reason why our birds are weaker.

I want to see how they will respond if someone reaches out to them with these numbers. I am curious to see how they will cover this hole up.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    I don’t think it’s possible to get the M61 buff anymore. I think you have to have been one of the “lucky” few who suffered the nerf while it was in effect.
    As for your question about the fact that maxed out birds are now 11% weaker than they were pre-update, I believe Rovio have proactively/pre-emptively addressed this by saying that the pigs are nerfed by the same % as well. I have certainly not attempted to verify this yet though. Since I didn’t record any attack/health stats for any pigs pre-update, I would need someone who hasn’t updated yet to post some data to compare to.

Anonymous

Anyone who hasn’t updated yet, feel free to post some piggy attack/health stats for me to compare. Be sure to specify which “node” your data came from, and what level the pigs you fought were.

burbman
    @burbman

A quick note regarding the upgraded potions. Each of the three craftable potions received several levels of upgrade. The amount of resources required to craft the upgraded potions remained the same as it had been for the old weaker potion.

I spent approx. 37,000 snouts to upgrade all three to their new max level. Highest stats are now as follows:

Infernal Veggie Cake – Rage Chili filled by +90%
    crafted with 10 pumkins, 4 ice chilis, and 4 tomatoes

Delicious Fruit Cake Rank 1 – All birds heal for +2,500
    crafted with 6 snow apples, 8 berries, and 10 bananas

Pompous Pig Cherry Juice Rank 2 – Heals for 4,500
    crafted with 4 greater vials, 4 pink water, and 5 cherries

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

Thanks for reminding me of this! I saw the changelog mentioning better potions, but forgot to go to the prof’s lab. This is great!

90% on the Veggie Cake — that’s AMAZING. Be able to rage every turn with just one slice per…

Glad to have something to do with my snoutlings!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@poptimus Where did they state that about the pigs? Also, how many people were the lucky ones?

Kenny hasn’t updated yet. Mention him directly. Try to get data from each location like castle, cave pigs and bosses, maelstrom, some of the map areas etc.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

So the glitchy M61 can’t be obtained anymore? Good. I’ll update now.
    Also for those upgraded potions. 90% chilli boost and a 4,500 HP heal sound delicious! Finally the potions are at the status where they should be.

metztli013
    @metztli013

My phone updated the game yesterday afternoon when I wasn’t looking. =(

Luckily I don’t yet have any of my birds at max mastery so I didn’t experience the M61 problem. I did notice the weakened power of my birds, which is unfortunate. Didn’t have any issues in the arena, other than I lost one battle due to a crash. @dallasreds I did note as well that my emblem wasn’t showing up in battles, but it seemed to work as it should. As far as the caves, I can do them but not so much on autoplay. WizPig’s Castle was pretty funny.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    I’d still hold off on updating for a bit. Cave pigs still all level 60, so mastery grinding still broken.

Anonymous

@datguygamer
    It’s stated that way on Rovio’s support page somewhere. (“Hot Topics” maybe?)

@kennymcc

See above. Do you mind collecting some piggy stats from v1.5.2 if you’re still on it?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    I don’t think that’s too much of an issue. With my FB account at a forced restart, I don’t have as many friends anymore, and those that I have are quite strong. My birds are L60 and most classes are at M12 and above.
    They will fix the broken caves and the broken castles. Until then, I’ll deal with the situation.
    I don’t think I’ll play the Arena, though. I’ll do my daily spins but I won’t play. It’s not worth the trouble right now…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Hey, something can’t be right about the conversion O.O

My Skulkers are at M46 not M34 (they were a bit more than halfway to M9)…
    My Thunderbird is M43 not M11 (was 3/4 to M3)…
    My Illusionist is M45 not M22 (was a bit more than halfway to M6)…
    My Mage is at M52 not M50 (was halfway to M14)…

Could this have to do with the “Mastery bonus based on max rank” thing?

Oh and @datguygamer – my M60 Wizard shows it’s got 7,710 to go to the next rank. So it does seem to still be possible to reach M61???

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Fair enough! For what it’s worth, arena seems fine now, ironically. (Other than the GPM, that is.)

ReapingTitan
    @panosplays

Now my game is stuck on loading balancing.yay

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I’m confused… we both had 60/15 Wiz prior to the update. My boosted straight up to 61 after one fight… why didn’t yours? Because you delayed updating slightly or..?

wiz60:61.jpg

Wait… what!? Now my 60/61 classes/hats are back to normalish… slightly nerfed… but it’s more tolerable than 50% XD When did that happen!?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 360 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.