New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

@datguygamer

Yes you do know what is up with the game Rovio pushed an update out and broke the game and as you know it’s not the 1st time and deff not the last. Having said that this is the longest length of time it has taken them to sort it out,

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Guys and gals, very sorry to hear about the upgrading troubles and the loss of years of work and gems and money.

Didn’t realize there was a problem, as my iPad3 iOS 9.3.5 was working A-OK except earlier about 22:50 UTC / GMT+0 thats 2 hours before end of live events (Gong day),

I had to restart ABT 3 times before it would reach the map screen.

I’m fine throughout Token exchange today.

And that’s because somehow my ABT still stayed at version .9

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

For those w iOS and reading this and your ABT still not upgraded… stick with the old version.

You can try doing the following:

METHOD 1:

Turn OFF your device.
    RESTART device.
    Turn WiFi and SIM OFF, then start ABT.
    Then only turn on after the game is loaded to the Map screen, or only when you need connectivity i.e to go to token exchange, or get Video bonuses.

METHOD B::
    Stop auto upgrading permanently.
    On iOS, Before starting ABT, go to Settings, look for Store, move the slider for automatically updating APPs to OFF.
    Now any updates to Apps must be approved manually.

Hope that helps somehow…

Phillips
    @phillips

So they pushed out the update so everyone can see the new character to win/buy and they broke the game. I normally only find out about the hard updates through this site as I don’t have automatic downloads for them so fortunately I found out it was faulty and will just stick with my current version until the new update is fixed.

coolbug
    @coolbug

Since the game will still not open, imnot going to play it until its fixed.

Chucks
    @chucks

If I updated last night and I am having the same issue as everyone else. should I wait for an update? Or reinstall the game? I Didnt connect through Fb so I am concerned I might lose all my progress if I reinstall. I think I am backing up through Game Center though, just not sure how to proceed.

Asen_77
    @asen

Don’t do anything untill official information from Rovio. They are working to fix this issue and will place new update for the game. We should wait!

Chucks
    @chucks

Ok thanks. I should have checked here before I started updating last night.

ABTonAndroid5guy
    @abtonandroidguy

I’m furious – after the upgrade, crash, restore from Facebook rolls me back a long way, to when Ricochet was introduced ~ so I’ve lost all TF’s inbetween including Smokescreen and all the upgrades ~ SAD so SAD! Unless Rovio fix this and restore my status I’m DONE with any game Rovio (and or Exient) produce.

Mighty Dove
    @mightydove

To confirm. Updated this morning, it originally opened to a new different game format than before – I closed it down and opened it again, now it just crashes won’t get past the splash screen.

Tried:
    Clean open
    Wifi off
    Clean reboot of iDevice

Nothing.

Oddly the update version contains the Chinese New Year home screen icon and wallpaper of a dragon…?

Very odd. No new update released yet. Game dead until then. :(

Meh
    @mehh

Apparently there is a new update ready. Available for Android players today and iOS users in a “few days”, (however long that is *Sigh*)

BV
    @bevvincent

I’m running iOs on an iPad. When I went to the Chinese New Year Challenge after the upgrade, I picked up yesterday’s earnings and then got a gibberish screen that hung the game. When I restarted it, it crashed constantly.

Fortunately I used Facebook connect — I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and all of my data was preserved. I was able to do normal gameplay but I still can’t get into the challenge.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve progressed too far in this game to risk losing it all in a reinstall. I’ll wait for the next “update” whenever that is.

(That having been said, if I lost everything it would be a great motivation to finally quit this once and for all.)

Joey
    @joeyba

@optimuspig couldn’t agree more.im also hoping to lose all to quit forever.

CD
    @bartiedog

I’m on android and there isn’t an update available to fix this that I can find.

Cloudguy
    @cloudguy

Totally agree.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 Well that’s with the game. I am more so concerned with their HQ is going through. Fire and chaos everywhere.

Joel
    @joel687

Check out the other thread. They have a fix ready for androids and are promising gems and more time for the token exchange. It will take apple users a few days

otter
    @otter

It happend to me too….I had to uninstall the ap from my tablet and then reinstall ….luckily i use Face book for back ups, been burned by Rovio before… so with a clean install and a restore from my cloud Facebook back up I’m now up back up and running……..

I hope that helps those of you with facebook back ups….

Swing
    @swing

Do not delete and then reinstall from Facebook unless you are sure you have a recent backup. I installed the game on a different device and after signing up to Facebook and seeing the dreaded upgrading your progress screen, the game opened up with at least six months of progress lost. So much for feeling secure with Facebook backup.

Swing
    @swing

Now that I think about it, I installed the game on my old iPhone, so maybe the backup I restored it from is the last from that phone. Still, I’m not going to risk it.

otter
    @otter

Well all I can say is that it worked for me…and i got all my stuff back……

kilokilo
    @kilokilo

Game is back working but challenge is still broken. First click on the CNY challenge and I got 300 tokens (fifth place) which has a different token design. Click again to exchange token and stuck with the “position 999” reward screen.

Cloudguy
    @cloudguy

Tried and the same scenario happened. The game is still broken.

Mighty Dove
    @mightydove

Here are the images of the home screen icon and original loading screen on first open after upgrade.

Loading screen

Home screen icon

Hope this helps @lewie4 and anyone else.

Running latest iOS version (and iPad 4th Gen <— not sure that makes a difference)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.