New update 24th March – game won't open!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • Replies
  • Circlerev
    @circlerev

@mvnla2 – Game crashing at the start affects US/UK/Canada regions.

From Rovio FAQ page:

We’ve come across an issue which we’re investigating as a matter of urgency. As soon as we know what’s up we’ll fix it. In the meantime, hang in there and sincere apologies for not being able to play!

https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/articles/217190597-Why-is-my-game-crashing-at-start-

EDIT: Link corrected 26th March 2016.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I would suggest all those who can not play the game complain to Rovio support.

I would also suggest all those who have spent money to play in the arena this week complain as well. You’ve wasted your money and time.

Infact let’s snow them under with emails, enough is enough. Either support the game or drop it Rovio.

But do not send anything if you have another complaint already in, as this will bump your original complaint to the bottom of the pile.

Happy Easter Rovio!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@circlerev – I followed the link, I wonder if that means players in other countries are not effected? Or just Rovio trying to downscale the size of their massive FU.

I also laughed at this –
    Article is closed for comments.

Looks like they’re scared of consumer feedback. I’ve left some in the Apple Store today, hopefully someone at Rovio may be bothered to read it, but I doubt it.

@bankler
    – you must hate coming on this forum now, but you are our only point of immediate contact. I’ve two questions.
    1) why didn’t Rovio test this update before release?
    2) why didn’t Rovio pull the update from Apple Store and Google play when the company became aware of problems?

If you have any email addresses of Rovio employees, the higher the better, that we can email comments to, please let us have them.

Newtdog
    @nybg

Angry Birds needs permission to make phone calls on my Android device, apparently so it can automatically call up customer service and complain after each update on it’s own.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@aeshna – Crashing issue affects only in those regions mentioned, I think. Well, at least my game works fine in my country (Finland).

From my experience, Rovio is always pleased to hear our feedback.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@circlerev – I could log on using a VPN and could try updating but I think you can play the updated version due to the combination of o/s and device rather than country. Although I may be wrong!

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Unfortunately my iPad applies updates automatically. I’ll have to figure out how to disable that. Anyway the new version just crashes. I can’t open it. I’m running the latest iOS.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@andalaybay – If you want disable automatic updates from your iPad, go to Settings – iTunes & App Store. In automatic downloads, slide Updates slider to left position or tap it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — Just sent 2 tweets to Peter Vesterbacka. He might answer even though he’s probably on vacation. Why on earth do they release updates when it’s their Easter break?

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Haha, thanks @circlerev, I figured it was probably pretty straightforward, I just kept forgetting to look for it. :P

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Response to one of my tweets:

@MVNLA
    Mar 24
    @pvesterbacka Latest update for AB2 a gigantic black eye for Rovio. Crashes for millions. Hire more QAs and fire incompetent programmers.

Peter Vesterbacka
    @pvesterbacka
    Mar 24

@MVNLA
    yes. Not acceptable.

ubermom
    @ubermom

Same thing happening to me! Frustrating to say the least.

Spectre_USA
    @spectreusa

I was afraid of this.

I installed the update to an iP6+ running iOS9.2.1, and an iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3, and
    it dies on both of them.

Thaz not so good…

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Not happy about this! If I succeed sometime and am then bottom of all the leagues and everything lost then I shall being saying goodbye to the game.

It was fun whilst it lasted.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

Still running the old AB2 version. Fortunately, the Arena is still acessible. Was able to turn off the update when I read of the mess that’s going on….

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I quit playing a few days ago because I got sick and tired of the shenanigans. After reading what’s happened today, I’m even happier with my decision. @mvlna Good to see Peter knows what’s going on. The AB Facebook page is full of comments as well. Hope it gets up and running soon for you flingers.

Karfraz
    @karfraz

I too am having a problem. I updated today. Couldn’t open the game. I tried to sign in from FB DIDNT WORK I deleted the game went to FB. To reinstall. Didn’t wok. Still couldnt play. Deleted again went to the cloud reinstalled.

Anymore suggestions out there?

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

The updated version stopped working this afternoon after a couple of hours. Really disappointed in this turn of events. Where do I go now to get force-fed inane videos for silly games I will never play? Help Rovio!

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

First of all, I’m very sorry for this. At this point we do not know exactly what went wrong, but have gotten tons of reports and help in the forms of players who have shared their data with us to assist in the bug hunt.

I just want you to know that we have teams working on it, despite the easter holiday. Can’t promise anything yet, but we do our best for a quick resolution. I’m not able to update here too often during this weekend, but I’ll let you know if there are any major breakthroughs.

Again, sorry.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

I wish that I had seen your comments about the problems with the latest release before I downloaded the update. On the plus side, I’ll have more free time now. By the time that Rovio finally “gets it right”, it will have disenfranchised all of its formerly loyal fans.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler
    Thank you for the update on this situation.

Please advise all when the problems are corrected. Not sure how you do that but we will need to be notified so we can go back to playing this game.

Lonnie Stringer
    @lonnie-stringer

If you are not logged in with face book it works just fine but I am and I am way too far to start over without facebook. Please fix asap!

cognitive
    @cognitive

Chances are that the link to Facebook is broken somehow, and that causes the login issue when it tries to connect to Facebook with the official API’s. If you uninstall and reinstall the new connection is blank so you don’t get reinstated at your current level but start from zero, and there’s no Facebook connection anyway.

If this is the case and given what I know of Facebook API’s (I did a big project with them 3 years ago) it could be a case of “he said she said”; I followed the suggested code examples from Facebook to connect to them and those did not work, or something changed on Facebook side and our app stopped working soon thereafter.

If this is the case I would be willing to give them a bit of slack about this…

mscreant
    @mscreant

This is ridiculous. Then a reply that says – basically – “we have no idea and we will be busy for the next few days so we may or may not get anything fixed”…REALLY??? And if I lose all of my progress? How about the $80 I have spent over the course of the game – am I getting that refunded? I tried to save my “lua” files to avoid that but at some point Rovio decided to disable file sharing so iExplorer cannot see them to copy off my iPad. Now we are at the mercy of these guys as to all of the time and money invested in what is supposed to be a stress reducer. HORRIBLE way to treat loyal fans.

Crazy bird
    @aardvark108

Don’t bother. I uploaded it on my wife’s iPad for the first time tonight since she doesn’t use it and it worked but extremely slow then crashed during several of the first ten challenges. Wait until these idiots fix it. I’ve got three stars on all of the first 500 on my iPad and am not going to waste my time rebooting.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.