Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • Ravinda Bulathgama
    @ravinda-bulathgama

How can we get archmage, ronin, moon priestess and corsair?( class upgrades for mage, knight, cleric, pirate )

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ravinda-bulathgama — I believe those classes were limited-time offers, some only available in a limited number of countries.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

After Necromancer, a couple more bumped:

10 10 11 11 10 10 Red
    11 10 11 12 9 8 Chuck
    10 11 10 10 10 6 Matty
    10 11 10 10 12 Bomb
    11 11 10 12 9 Blues

No change in the Arena-ready M11+ hats, and still working on M12 Paladin, Archmage & Rogues, but I’m glad that my birds are almost all M10+.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Paladin & Archmage hit 12!

10 10 11 12 10 10 Red
    12 10 11 12 9 8 Chuck
    10 11 10 10 10 7 Matty
    10 11 10 10 12 Bomb
    11 11 10 12 9 Blues

Now working on Samurai, Rainbird & Rogues…

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Nice job @graugeist

So far I’m 11 across the board with the exception of Witch/Illusionist. Paladin/Wizard/Spies are almost 12 though. Once their done it’ll be Samurai/Archmage/Skulkers

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist So impressed… I need to grind more, damn! None of my classes are even 1/2 way to 12.

Anonymous

The biggest amount of Mastery is at Mighty Eagl Dojo or 10-waved levels from caves

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@angryde – yeah, so much grinding. LOL.

Also, @mvnla2 has better mastery than I do – I’m just trying to catch up!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I might have more mastery than you, but I’m by now way the highest.
    My guess at the highest among my friends are
    @cosmo

@Mighty-red-1

@Burbman

They seem to have all 12s with level 50 sets (including the latest and greatest)
    There are 2 or 3 others who seem to have all 12’s, but I’m not sure what their ABN names are.
    For the record, this is where I am now:
    11 11 11 12 11 11 red
    11 11 11 12 11 8 chuck
    11 11 11 11 11 11 blues
    11 11 11 11 12 bomb
    11 11 11 12 10 7 matilda
    So while overall, my birds have higher rank, graugeist has more 12’s, which could be more important.
    I have been pretty diligent about visiting the Dojo, but have slacked off on farming SRC.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Finally got Paladin to 12, Spies are close behind. This is where I’m at now:

11 11 11 12 11 11 Red
    11 11 11 11 11 8 Chuck
    11 11 11 11 11 6 Matilda
    11 11 11 11 11 Bomb
    11 11 11 11 (< so close to 12!) 11 Blues

I’ve been slacking on SRC for awhile now, my 60k has dropped to below 20k. Going to get back into it and try to make some progress. Plan is to get Red/Chuck/Blues all to 12 so Dojo has a higher chance of not giving me LC buys. Then I’ll go for Matilda so that all that will be left will be bomb and his new class.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

My classes are currently at:

11 11 11 12 11 11 – red
    11 11 11 11 11 10 – chuck
    11 11 11 12 11 8 – matlida
    11 11 11 11 12 – bomb
    11 11 11 11 11 – blues

Running SRC with chuck and matlida newest class getting them up to speed and the 3rd is a random class I pick for the day. nearly all of the “11s” are “halfway” toward 12

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I do have all level 12 birds, but my weapons and off hands are getting a little long in the tooth, as I spent my LC stash on 5 coin refreshes to the Dojo rather than GPM spins to get there. I have picked up a few newer set items on free spins, but have not paid for a spin since the max level went up to 50.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Gotta say, I’m feeling a little behind seeing all of those 11s and burbman at all-12… Grinding away!

Temporarily switching gears, I bumped Cap’n & Marksman over the top to 11.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I did it. All 12’s. I ended up with around 265,000 snoutlings (would have been a lot more if not for dojo purchases and the fact that a lot of the grinding was in the Cobalt Plateau and King Pig castles since the mastery point payout is a little higher). Now I can max out new hats as they come out. It’s not something anyone should be proud of though.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@jamairoqui Congrats! Cobalt Plateau is better for farming? Is it first wave only or the whole thing? I’m guessing KPC is because King Pig is guaranteed to drop x2 mastery?

I just got Spies/Wizard to 12, so now I’m going with Samurai/Archmage/Marksman. They seem to be farming faster than my old group did.

11 11 11 12 11 11 Red
    11 11 11 12 11 8 Chuck
    11 11 11 11 11 6 Matilda
    11 11 11 11 11 Bomb
    11 11 11 12 11 Blues

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

There is a list somewhere on the total number of possible mastery points available for each castle. I think the values are two are 180 (KPC, CPC), one is 150 (SRC), and two are 120 (DPC, and the one up at the top of the map). Since there is a 1/3 chance of any pig dropping mastery, farming mastery points is better at KPC or CPC, since the payout averages about 10 mastery points higher per cycle through. Of the two 180-point castles, CPC is best on autoplay provided you have a set of skills that are not pure power (for example, Paladin, Wizard, and Bard do not work for CPC since there is no way to kill the final pig). But if you are trying to level up a team of Samurai (or Stoneguard), Rainbird, and Cannoneer, it is a little faster to use CPC than SRC. (Note that you can substitute Marksman in there, but Marksman buffs the damage on Samurai so it’s over the dodge limit of the final pig.) The main reason everyone plays SRC is that any combination of moderately strong birds will work, there’s no dodge or damage-thresholds. But if you are trying to level up the multi-attack birds and don’t care so much about getting lots of snoutlings, CPC is better since it plays as fast on autoplay as SRC and gives on average about 10 more mastery points per cycle through (and you also periodically get the bandit pig who drops 50 snoutlings on CPC, but not on any of the other castles). But you have to be careful on CPC that the AI doesn’t lock up on a silly cycle on the final pig. (For example, playing CPC with Samurai, Priestess, and Captain, if Captain buffs Samurai or Priestess, the final pig just dodges. So sometimes the game will endlessly cycle through having Captain buff Samurai and then Priestess so that you can’t kill the end pig. There are many combinations of birds where cycles like this can happen.)

You are correct though, if you are going to be there to actually play, then KPC is better (in terms of mastery points, not snoutlings). The catch is that KPC is hard to do on autoplay, because you really need to be present for the end stage, and there are the second and fourth stages where you need a power bird or some buffed skill to kill the armored pigs. Someone also made the comment that the caves are good for mastery, which is true, but you only get two birds that way. So it’s better to farm mastery, in my opinion, on the castles.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jadedbacon @jamairoqui — The list of points available from each castle is on page 1 of this thread (down a ways in the main post). : )
    The objective for most of us is to get as much mastery as possible while using autoplay. SRC is good for a lot of reasons, one being that you can play it on autoplay with lots of different combinations of birds. Other levels may be better if your birds are pretty weak. There is lots of discussion about these issues on the older pages.
    However, the list was made a long time ago, when the maximum level for birds was much lower. It may now be possible to play the Chronicle Caves on autoplay with stronger birds. If someone would like to collect data comparable to what is in the main post, I will be glad to add it. Note that I’m talking about real, quantitative data, not just supposition or wishful thinking.
    I’m not interested in levels that don’t produce lots of mastery on autoplay, and ideally they should work for almost any combination of birds.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Chronicle Caves, even on autoplay, don’t give as much mastery as SRC or CPC. The reason is that you have to consider the total mastery points distributed to each bird, so even if on average some of the 10-wave Cave sets give 60 points, that is only 120 points total (2×60). SRC gives on average 45-50 points per cycle, but that’s to three birds so there are more total mastery awarded. Furthermore, it takes longer to do a 10-wave Cave battle than it takes to do the 5-wave battles in SRC or CPC, so you can’t get as much mastery per hour in the Cave battles. Finally, you can’t just run any set of two birds in a cave battle on autoplay and have them be successful. Paladin is great for the cave, since he heals (Paladin and Chuck with any hat besides Rainbird works well in CC, but once Paladin is at 12, it makes no sense to keep using him).

As I said, CPC only makes sense if you are trying to level up certain sets of birds that use wave attacks with low damage per attack (but multiple attacks per turn). Sets with Samurai, Lightning, and Cannoneer or the Venomous set from the Arena, work really well in CPC. KPC makes sense if you want to actively play your birds, since you always get the points from the King Pig in the final wave, but it doesn’t really work all that well in autoplay (it can be done in semi-autoplay, where you kind of let it play itself until the final wave, and then take over from there), and KPC is a disaster with wave-attack sets of birds since it takes forever to get through the armored pig levels (and on autoplay it takes too long to even bother).

In my opinion, the real way to get mastery is through the Dojo, but you need to reduce the total number of birds. On average the Dojo gives out around 2500 mastery points every 3-hour cycle, and distributing that over a smaller total number of birds really helps (once you get down to 5-6 birds, it’s not uncommon to get 2000 points for a single bird on one cycle, which makes things go very quickly towards the end). So leveling up any of them, any way you can, as fast as possible, helps out in the Dojo. Which is why running CPC using the wave-attack birds and getting them leveled up faster helps. I also think that because of this, you need to focus on leveling up individual birds as fast as possible. It doesn’t matter which ones, really, just reduce the number so that the Dojo points are spread over a smaller number of birds as fast as possible.

I totally agree that for all-round use, SRC is the best. Once your birds are above a certain level, pretty much any combination will work on autoplay (admittedly, it can get a little grim towards the end if all you have left to work on are sets of low-attack birds like Knight, Priestess, and Pirate). And with SRC you really rack up the snoutlings. But oh my god playing SRC is boring.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

As an aside, with all the screwing around in Chronicle Cave I did getting my birds to 12, at one point I increased the mastery level of one of the “Friend” birds. I forget which one, but it was one of the three standard ones everyone can use once every 12 hours. Has anyone else ever seen that happen before?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My birds are basically all 10+, but I’m farming SRC pretty much exclusively with 11s to get them to 12. The autoplay cycle time is reasonable, and I have a ridiculous amount of snouts for Dojo. As more birds hit 12, it should make Dojo buying better.

With the new event coming, that’ll be 6,000 or 12,000 mastery per bird, assuming you 3-star it. With that in mind, I’m grinding to within 12,500 of M12, then switching to a different class. I probably won’t see any birds hit 12 until the event ends, but that’s OK, because it’ll max out a few classes for me.

For example, this morning, I stopped grinding on Rogues. I’ll still buy Rogues in the Dojo, because it’s “free” Snouts and it clears the spot for maybe another bird. But if Blues gets +12,000 from the event, then that’s a lot of grinding I’ll have saved myself.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Think I’ll stick with SRC for now. I’ve noticed that even when I bring birds with damage that would go under the dodge threshold, they still don’t attack. Might just be a luck/random AI behavior, but I’ll stick with SRC since I roughly know how much I’ll get each run (45-50/bird) and about how long it’ll take (2:30 – 3:00 minutes)

@jamairoqui
    @mvnla2 @graugeist thanks for the advice!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — It goes without saying that you should have enough snoutlings to get every upgrade offered in the Dojo, and you should visit it religiously every 3 hrs. However, particularly when you are going for higher ranks, the Dojo isn’t all that fast, so many of us farm SRC, which is good both for mastery and snoutlings. I have >200K snoutlings right now, and that is more than enough to get everyone to rank 12, plus buy potions, etc. If I spent more time farming SRC, I would get everyone to rank 12 a lot faster. I am not spending LC on a new set at the Dojo, primarily I spend them on the 5X GP spin, but only those I’ve accumulated during the week.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

To get one bird from rank 1 to rank 12 it takes 474 upgrades at the dojo which is 33,180 snoutlings at the 70 snoutlings rate. Just going from rank 10 to 12 takes 14,000 snoutlings. Upgrading the current 28 birds one rank assuming they are all rank 9 or higher would cost 196,000 snoutlings so you will need to a lot of snoutlings to max the rank of all your birds. Of course playing these events helps a lot.

16 of my 28 birds are rank 12 and at least 23 or 24 will be rank 12 by the time the event finishes because I only have 4 birds that need 10k or more. However I’m below 10k snoutlings so I have to do some farming in SRC. I didn’t think rank 12 would be that much different than rank 11 in the arena, but I no longer need to fight piggy McCool to get different opponents unless I have an objective that requires me to do something like kill Matilda with Blues.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@killerkea – If you are still working on objectives or grinding, then rank 12 makes a BIG difference, because rank determines which team is more likely to go first.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I thought it had been pretty well established that the first turn was entirely random. I know it frequently doesn’t seem like it, but that’s the nature of statistics.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.