About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • cognitive
    @cognitive

I am impressed as to how well the new Arena levels are designed to (a) maximize use of birds and (b) maximize surviving piglets. I have yet to play one level that actually played out as expected in one or two birds. Yesterday I managed to waste all 7 birds on the first level :). Meanwhile, the magic duck and Terrence are getting increasingly worthless. I mean, it’s one thing to make the game challenging and quite another to make it impossible.

I’m winning my league this week with nearly 1000 points but that’s beyond the point…

David Martin
    @david-martin

Tournament just ended for the week, and I keep getting connection errors when it tries to display the results. I can get to the Arena screen, then I get the little notification that it’s trying to connect in the lower left corner… after a few seconds, it gives up, kicks me back to the overworld map, and tells me I have a connection error. It’s extremely frustrating to be told the problem is your Internet connection when clearly the real issue is that Rovio’s servers can’t handle the traffic.

kelshe
    @kelshe

It happens every week. It can take an hour or more to get in.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

For the first time, for me the contest results updated instantly when the competition ended, and I got my second-place rewards instantly as well. Encouraged by that, I played my first game in the new Arena competition, but sadly the same problem continued – I was matched up against someone with much higher stars and bird point values, and predictably got clobbered despite executing very well. And I did not get a free play afterwards. So, I’m done with the Arena contests until and unless I get an indication that the match-ups will result in a level playing field.

KLM13
    @klm13

I have been playing for 7 weeks now and every week it has taken a minimum of an hour to get back in the Arena. Last week it meant the difference between 1st and 2nd place in the tournament. The person who ended up in 1st had nearly a hundred points by the time I could play again. Was never able to catch up.

Anonymous

@klm13 similar for me….Going back around 10 weeks, it used to take 20-30 mins to get back into the arena after the weekly wrap up. However over the past few weeks, it has been taking an hour, and today we are up to an hour and a half so far, with still no access.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@klm13 I’m with you on this one. I happened to have the game open when the last tournament ended 90 minutes ago. I have not been able to get to the arena since. Every time I try, I get a “Connection error” message. Since I know it’s not my internet, it’s an issue on the Rovio side. This does happen every single week. :-(

KLM13
    @klm13

I’m not back in yet either. Grrrr.

reddie
    @reddie250

Neither am I. Damn you Rovio!

KLM13
    @klm13

Got back in after an hour and 52 minutes, 5 streak, and then completely outranked…as usual.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

I am finally back in on both my iPad and my phone. It only took 2 hours after the tournament ended. For now I’m in 1st on both devices but we’ll see if that changes rapidly.

reddie
    @reddie250

I’m back in after 2 hours. And I’ve successfully taken down a powerful opponent in the third round for 100 blue feathers (so close to Elder Silver). In fact, I’ve got four birds in Level 10 — Chuck first, Matilda second, Terence third, and Bomb fourth.

cognitive
    @cognitive

There are people who are already at Silver Sling? wow :).

I hate to tell this to Rovio, but making the game winnable only by existing very good players is silly. It’s the equivalent of seeding in the NCAA March Madness tournament but playable over a season. The good players will do well and play well and win even more, while the average players will continuously get creamed by the good players. As a result, the average players will either buy a lot of stuff via in-app purchase (not everyone) while many people, tired of mismatches, will give up.

In another 2-3 weeks, when everyone has triple gold slings, then what?

It is mind-boggling that Rovio is sitting on a goldmine of a game and they are not thinking it through.

Maybe the next power-up machination will be stronger birds. Not scoring more, mind you, but doing more, esp. reaching further or blowing up better and harder, that sort of thing. Yea, if you implement it please send royalties :)

Anonymous

@cognitive yes, I just upgraded to silver :)

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

I had about 500 stars last week in my empty Diamond league. I am now seeded in the Vanilla League (at least I can see opponents and their progress). By the time I was able to access the Arena, number 1 had 98 stars. Below is my third update to my Rovio support request started last Monday when my league disappeared. Don’t really know why I should continue playing or even bother cc’ing @hank. Rovio, is anybody out there?

“When the tournament ended, I was busted back to the Vanilla league. I know this happens temporarily on occasion, but somehow the thought of competing for a top prize of 80 pearls after 13 months of playing every day and achieving 11 and 12 level birds is just a complete slap in the face. How is it that every update creates more problems than it fixes? Why is it that a support request now goes 6 days without a simple response, never mind even a hint of resolution? I am extremely disappointed not just with your inability to deliver a fair game, but with the blatant disregard for the complaints of loyal players.”

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

There’s a trick that is used by shopping mall developers. When the mall is first built there are fewer than normal parking spaces painted into the parking lot. It’s so a shopper feels that it’s so easy and comfortable from the moment s/he pulls in. Subliminal manipulation. THEN, after a little time, the spaces are repainted with the intention of cramming in as many possible shoppers as possible. When it’s harder to park the next time, you think it’s because the mall must be just that popular; you MUST go or you might miss the great deals. The repainting cheat never enters your mind because it’s so far-fetched. Well, Rovio has repainted the Arena, my friends. works every time there’s a new build. And I noticed a NEW phenomenon to add to the list:

Near the end of a match my birds significantly lose destruction power, especially if the game is VERY close and I AM WINNING. The last two birds do less than 100,000 damage as opposed to my opponent, who has now overtaken me. By fewer than 5-10 thousand. Now THAT is a new level of frustration!) So, if it’s a milestone match (100 or 500 feathers) I “Play On” and BAM – my next single bird earns 500,000 and I’m winning easily. What SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED with my last two cards and the video bird.

Oh yeah, after the two hour close out after the weekly switch over, the first place person in my league had triple digit stars within 4 hours. Yeah. That’s a pace I can keep without spending. Awesome work, yet again Rovio.

heybert17
    @heybert17

We have all seen the 2 same birds in first and third place, and while unlikely it is possible depending on how played and the birds you get next. But how do you get 2 birds the same in first and second. After I got this I watched and never once was my 4th bird the same as any of my first 3 birds.

2birds

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    My DIAMOND league tournament was yesterday won by an Arab oil sheik named ABO.
    There is a picture.
    He is a VAINILLA league player with all 13 level birds and no hats.
    He scored the amazing total of 2,100 stars!!!
    That means:
    He averaged 300 stars every day.
    37.50 stars every three hour period.
    That is five battles with a 7.5 average score.
    And that is, without loosing a single match!
    You have to eat/sleep/bathe/work at some point in your day/life.
    So, @hank would you venture to explain?
    Do you really think this huge minority has a fair shot against these type of opponents?

And regarding @heybert17 comment above.
    I faced the SAME situation, AND furthermore my opponent used that same bird another two times.

@hank
    , would you care to comment?

Regards.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I used to have the university high score in Pacman. There were lots of Arab petro-dollars (petro-quarters he he) burned to unseat me. Didn’t happen. Some of those guys were pretty good players and I knew some of them, great kids. Very persistent.

I finally saw an explosive box in the Arena. One. Maybe fireworks are not for sale in Finland? :)

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Seems that “beginners luck” is over. Now if i am in silver league i had in streak #3 opponent with 7 x level 6 birds. I have only 4 birds in level 5 (Chuck is almost 6 and Blues are still in level 3). What i don’t understand is how can be possible having all birds at same level (except maxed-out-birds).

delete
    @tsegreto

I don’t understand what people are complaining about. I have all my birds at Level 13, I *just* received the gold sling (#1 in Diamond league this time around) and I have 48 stars.

If I spend any money on the game it isn’t more than $3/mo. on gems.

I do watch all the advertisements.

I do not use many spells in the arena (I mostly keep them for “Hard Levels”) – waiting for more levels to come out, as I beat the last level pack in 2 days.

I do have 2 iPads and an iPhone, that might benefit me in the sense that I can watch an advertisement to get back into the arena.

I play around 1-2hrs a day on screen according to my iPhone. But sometimes it’s on my screen and I just set the phone down or plug it in as I do have a life.

With all that being said, I only get paired with someone of equal sling, and I do loose around 25% of the time, sometimes I lose bad and a decent amount of the time the person I lose to has birds at level 10 or so. When my flock was at level 7 the game seemed easier to me. I think the latest upgrade is pretty fair when it comes to pairing players. I don’t think I have encountered any cheaters, however I have noticed that the vast majority of people I am playing against do not use spells.

I am kinda bumbed out that the only thing I have to look forward to is the next sling (it looks to be a blue one) once I collect another set of hats, I hope Ravio release more than just a dozen new single player levels.

On a side note: I loved QBASIC Gorillas back in the early ’90s

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

The question is:
    What are that high Levels of slingshots, birds etc. good for??
    If you reach a higher level you get opponents of a higher level! So you have no advantage at all.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

For the fun of it, Nerds. Honestly if a person is not having fun with the game they should probably delete it. Once there was some real and honest competition, but now placing in the arena is near impossible. I did manage 3rd yesterday, but that was with well over 1,200 points, and using the advantage I have with so many arena tickets. Somebody that could only play every three hours would have done well to stay out of the bottom three slots.

But the thing is that people should only play for fun. I played many of the other versions that had no arena, I play because I enjoy flinging the birds. Like Tony mentioned, I also liked playing the Gorillas. The arena does bring a new experience, which is cool. The cheaters that have come along often make it an unpleasant experience, but Rovio has made some improvements that help. Placing in the group might be tough yet there are other rewards, the small chest every half hour, feathers, gems and spells to be gained that do not depend on placing in the arena.

That being said, right now I seem to be in a pretty good group, looks like 14 honest players. 1st place had 562 points as of this morning and hasn’t moved. Doesn’t need to any time soon. I don’t see where the enjoyment is in that. I am in 2nd with 71 points, 3rd has 67 points. So far the best group I have had in weeks. Might be a good week, but no way am I even going to try to be that cheater in 1st place.

Edit: I should say 13 honest players. A person with what amounts to unlimited gems and all that can buy isn’t really an honest player. I guess my only saving grace is that I reported it and Rovio is working on it.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Okay, this 2 of the same birds thing is getting out of hand, I NEVER get 2 birds the same early in a match, but almost all of my opponents have been lately, just faced someone with back to back bomb, needless to say they racked up an impressive 2 fling score. And even if the birds aren’t the most useful for the level they always seem to get great scores with them.

Also, I want my SPELLS back, I never go into a round with them, but they are going away fast.

New phrase idea. “Don’t bother remembering to use your spells, we’ll use them for you”.

Also, when Chuck bounces off wood, someone isn’t playing fair.

Also, I have 1 level 8 bird, the rest 7’s. I have been facing 8s and 9s in the outmatched rounds, now they are throwing in 10s and really wiping me out.

The leader in my league has already changed twice in 24 hours, neither time were they there previously.

Why are there so many issues with this game?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Here’s a nice thing to try on the off chance that you’re fortunate enough to have a Mighty Eagle to bring into the Arena, and it shows up in your first three cards. Use it to clear the first room. I’m willing to bet the card you get for filling up the Damage Meter will be another Eagle. If not, it’ll be a Pig Inflater. This has happened to me way too many times recently for it to be a coincidence.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,201 through 1,225 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.