ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,551 through 2,575 (of 3,427 total)
  • Replies
  • oldschool
    @oldschool

Hey, @platium,

This video proves they were originally available through coins:

I have also sent a request, and this was the response:
    —————– —————–
    Hello,

and thanks for reaching out to us!

We made some changes in the order of the karts and this caused certain karts to get downgraded. Therefore, we have now sent 2500 gems to your account. To get your gems, please make sure that your internet connection is on with a strong signal. Afterwards, you can accept the gems by opening and approving the latest message in the mail box on the main menu of the game.

If any of the episodes in your game are shown as ‘new available content’, please purchase a kart in the episode in question by using gems or coins and you will be able to get your progress back.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Nadir
    Rovio Support Team
    —————– —————–
    Now I did not get any messages, but maybe they will be sent in the near future… It seems I’m also SOL on the gold spent on the kart upgrades.

platium
    @platium

hi @oldschool

thanks for the info… i thought the 3rd non telepods kart is by coins as well.. of if by gems is not that expensive!

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

View post on imgur.com

@alcusto
    @phoenix6 @janmej @platium @wazemank @stevep @abgofast ~

For those of you wondering what I’ve been up to lately please check the pic above.
    I belong offially to the club now and it is much more exclusive than what one would expect. Reaching class 25 put me on the best 650 racers on multiplayer. what does that say about the popularity of this sort of gameplay on a app that has over 50 millions of downloads?
    In fact, taking apart the hardcore fans, playing several hours a day as I’ve been doing to reach class 25 fast seems like a test on psychological resilience. It was not only one or two times that I had the tentation of showing the game the finger. “But why?” I can hear some of you asking. Others, like @nacho18 or @oldschool, might have guessed by now.
    My definition of a good game is one where all players start with the same chances and at the end the most skilled wins. But this is not what happens on the multiplayer of AB Go!. There, almost always, it’s not the best that wins but the one with the most PU and SP. Or, to explain it well, one is faced with an endless stream of opponents all of them possessing an ali-baba’s cave full of PU (and gems to buy SP) while you seldom have any to use. In fact, I think all players face the same odds and I don’t see many using PUs on all/most of his/her races, specially if they play a lot. But the scenario Rovio paints is the one above.
    To race mp on AB Go! means, for the inexperienced, facing the prospect of being the last on most of the races. Of course this means a lot of frustration. Is it strange then that so few make it to class 25? I don’t think so.
    It might seem a bit strange that Rovio having an otherwise so funny to play and so well built app would taint it with a so frustrating feature but some answer can be guessed. Let’s say that with great frustration comes great need (a principle every adman understands…). Or, to put simply, the foiled user might tend to compensate buying better karts or more gems to exchange for boosters. And the greater the investment the greatest the involvement. Someone that spent already a considerate sum on his/her own measure will not give it up easily. That’s a very perversed scenario I’m describing here and it might not be the company goal at all but if not how to answer the question above? Rovio doesn’t explain and we can only guess…

(I’ll continue on my next post…)

oldschool
    @oldschool

@jorge-freeman-1 That’s great persistence you shown. Congratulations on your lvl 25 achievement: few could be there. Your analysis on the PU/SP use is on point. The more PUs/SPs, the more one is compelled to spend on them too.

@platium
    The 3rd karts demanded coins, but the first one (Rocky Road) was acceptable. Around 600 gems, IIRC. The airplane in Air was much more expensive, but still viable. The one in Stunt was pretty much impossible, given the amount of gems one would find playing normally. Only after the daily events were made available could one get enough gems so as to buy it. I believe the 3rd or 4th version of the game standardized the kart costs – but not the upgrades – and that was when I bought it. Only the first 2 karts from the subsequent episodes could be bought through coins.

janmej
    @janmej

@jorge-freeman-1 Congrats! I know exactly what you mean about the PUs/SPs. It annoys me quite a lot. I don’t mind paying for something I enjoy thoroughly, but I don’t want to spend money on a broken product.

@platium
    I can’t believe Rovio. The worst thing is the suspicious tone of voice. So very annoying.

@all I don’t get why Rovio doesn’t welcome their users a bit. One thing is talking to support, but support can’t make any major design- or strategy decisions. If I were them I would definitely take advantage of all the great knowledge and enthusiasm lead users have for the game. Invite them in, partake in the concept development, design process, and testing. Now we just seem to annoy them with all our questions and ‘demands’. Obviously, funny thing is, without users they have nothing…

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@alcusto @phoenix6 @janmej @platium @oldschool @nacho18 @wazemank @jorge-freeman-1 @stevep

Hey team! The weekend is finally here and maybe that means I’ll be on the track more than this week. I did move the bar a bit from 113,113 to 114,114 in the last 5 days is not the pace you’re used to seeing from your captain.

I see Freeman proudly displaying his 10,000 achievement! Way to go! Given your very exact review of the curse of uneven playing field due to multiple SPs / PUs users, this is a rare achievement for anyone just starting out. Told ya all he’s got mad skillz and racing strategy. Well done “rookie” I see you’re already over 11,000!

Belated milestone recognition for @stevep getting over 60,000 as he joined us when in low 50s. Another major achievement passing our retired legend @dbkraemer for #3 spot

Early congrats to @janmej with less than 1,000 to the magic 90,000! That is within sight … will we have a third driver (me, DBK/Abe) to surpass the 100,000 … absolutely … but will it be a mid March or late March achievement? hehe … it will likely be before the snow melts here! That’s a safe bet

The battle of 5,6,7 has been intriguing to say the least. @oldschool pulling ahead right now with @wazemank and @alcusto (minus tech problems) not far behind … easily my favorite race right now

@phoenix6
    — any news from Rovio on your situation? greatly missing racing along side my Android wingman or its it birdracerman? It seems we always raced together and I miss you on the tracks your ghost excels…a few of the Stunt tracks aren’t easy team wins without you!

@platium
    — you have my support … do you want us to come and defend your honor by opening tickets with Rovio support? Nadir isn’t usually so rude and I can’t believe the tone that accuses you as lying/cheating but it’s clear inside the situation you described that they did so. You should be getting gem compensation like many others on the team / forum. Unbelievable.

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

@abgofast Thanks for the accolades, but not necessary. I would have never passed @dbkraemer had he not retired, so it’s hard to be too happy about 3rd place. I won’t have a lot of time to race Sunday and Monday, taking a little road trip to see Fleetwood Mac. Yes, I am that old…Tuesday I should be back to abnormal. Good luck to all, and thanks for those cupcakes!

platium
    @platium

hi @abgofast thanks for the support!!

i think they closed my case again even though i had @oldschool video proof that the second non-telepods kart is paid in coin. I remembered now that the 3rd non-telepods kart is paid in gems but not as expensive as now…

Just let it be. I’ll just keep bugging Nadir. Either one of us will give up!

Phoenix
    @phoenix6

@abgofast yes I have been in contact with Nadir and after a lot of back and forth and my insistence that it wasn’t just a “bad connection” issue one of the developers was able to look into my account. They believe that the problem has to do with the fact that I use my Facebook picture as my avatar for racing. Apparently they found an issue with how my license is linked to my FB picture which is causing issues with my license and is why I can’t access multiplayer (it sounds like there are a few others with this issue as well). Unfortunately they aren’t going to implement the “fix” to the app or server or whatever until the the next update (they were claiming they might do a “hotfix” to the app but since I haven’t heard anything since Monday I’m guessing they aren’t going to do that). Basically this all means that I am stuck waiting on the sidelines for whenever Rovio decides to release the next update to the app and I should “be patient” as they work through the issue.

oldschool
    @oldschool

@platium @abgofast I might be interesting to let you know that I was NOT given gems. So far, no messages have arrived, but the ones from you (cupcakes). Since whenever multiplayer bugs and the game crashes those messages are gradually removed, I’m trying to race as Corporal Pig and replenish his cupcakes as soon as such messages arrive, so I don’t lose them forever.

@janmej
    Agreed. I sort of feel some “hostile app environment”, so to speak. PU-SP-heavy multiplayer, weekly challenges that demand PUs to complete, uncontrollable or slow L6 karts in daily events, and the impossible/gem-demanding challenges.

@stevep
    Have a nice trip!

@alcusto
    @phoenix6 @janmej @platium @abgofast @nacho18 @wazemank @jorge-freeman-1 @stevep

About my friendly race against @wazemank and @alcusto: IIRC, we have all passed the user Buck Naked while at it.

Arus73
    @alcusto

@platium
    I can easily feel your frustration my friend. In my long task to obtain my lost GE back I got plenty of annoying messages from Rovio, some of which were hinting to their alleged impossibility to solve my problem.
    My insistence and repeated messages proved to be the winning tactic.
    So just keep on pressing Nadir and exhaust him.
    I remember you had bought all the telepods of the first series.
    That’s a lot of money in Rovio’s pockets from you. You are a multi dollar paying customer and deserve better assistance. I would stress this point to them because I also exploit this tactic.

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

Thanks to you guys and gal, I have been taking daily screenshots of my progress since I’ve been on this team, just in case something happens. I’ve had a few scary moments when my score reset to zero, but I switch from my iPhone to iPad and all has been ok so far. Hopefully the screenshots would help in getting Rovio to assist, but who knows…

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello : @stevep . Is good to know tgat you are IOS user : and Mac-Racer . I do use and iPad Air2 ; I have also , an iPhone 6Plus and iPod Touch5 : I use all 3 for my Games mostly ROVIO games. I am having a lot Problems with the Sincronizanion on ABGo! …!!! So for many weeks I am using only iPad for Race on ABGO!
    So once and a while I’ll ask you about our : Racing Activities!!! Okay
    We’ll know we are 4 IOS users . @janmej @platium you and me . @dbkraemer was IOS user , but he’s gone. Glad to know you are An Avid and Good Racer . Keep Go!in fast!

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

@nacho18 Thanks, it’s a pleasure, have fun!

platium
    @platium

hi @alcusto

buying telepods means paying to hasbro mean only licencing fees… maybe not as weighted?? i did mention it to them…. anyway i just reopen the ticket… saying “it is not solved yet”

lol

janmej
    @janmej

@abgofast thanks, but I’m going slow at the moment. Work has been crazy and I’m sort of still half waiting for @phoenix6 even though he had quite bleak news. @phoenix6 I know you don’t want me to wait, but it’s more fun with a bit of competition amongst us. Before we know it we have to fight off @stevep as well :-).

@stevep
    the issue you mention, the zeroing out of the eggs. I’ve had that problem hundred of times now I guess. It hasn’t been that bad for the last couple of weeks, but yesterday we saw the return of the horror. It usually happens when you crash on sub zero, right? Not the crash when loading the track, but the crash when actually on track, right? @nacho18 has the same problem as well. Instead of changing device you can also:

1) game crashes
    2) reopen and you’re prompted to save. Be very careful to choose cloud. If you choose device your progress will be totally lost
    3) if you go to the team board now, you’ll see that you have zero eggs. Then do a hard reset of the app, close it down completely
    4) reopen and your eggs should be restored

I wrote Rovio about it a dozen of times… Once they accused me of cheating another time it was a problem specific to my device, and last time it was a ‘connection’ issue, all meaning that they don’t believe it’s a bug in the app…
    Have a very nice trip! Fleetwood Mac, and your mentioning your age. My guess is that you’re 44, how’s that?

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@phoenix6 — i experienced this problem with facebook connection when multiplayer release first came out. I resolved it by ensuring I didn’t have any newsfeeds on facebook active. I’m not a big facebook user but I was following my favorite sports teams and as they have live updates, messages would come to the facebook app on my phone and tell me. Sometimes it was news about players or events or marketing to buy their merchandise. I cancelled all these newsfeeds because I assumed it was taking the connection away from the app. When I did this, I could play again. Maybe you have to do something similar? Might give you hope while you wait :)

On the note about avatar and facebook picture. When I switched to our logo from my actual picture, it took about one week for the app to recognize I changed it. So I believe the developers found something legit here.

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

@janmej Thanks for the great info, I’ll try your method next time. Actually, though, my scenario is a little different. Even though my sub-zero games crash at the start about every other time, I have never experienced the in-game crash. My eggs will zero about once every few days, and it’s always been when I receive a phone call or text message while playing. It doesn’t happen every time, just at random. I haven’t payed any attention to what track I was running on when it happens, but I will try to notice next time. As for me catching up to you and @phoenix6, you have nothing to worry about, unless you take a few months off. I didn’t play at all for over a month after Rovio screwed everyone with the bad update, but I’m back full throttle now. As for my age, you were EXACTLY right…almost 10 years ago. ;-)

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

Great. Game now crashes at startup on iPad and iPhone. I get to the first hourglass before the team scores, then crash. No racing for me, contacting Rovio…

oldschool
    @oldschool

Same here, but on Android. Multiplayer is unreachable.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

View post on imgur.com

@alcusto
    @phoenix6 @janmej @platium @oldschool @nacho18 @wazemank @abgofast @stevep ~

Hi teammates!

As you can see above my GEs went galactic again…

Accessing mp just after the daily event a few minutes ago and after a couple of crashes trying to change from individual to team menu I noticed the panorama above… My first concern being the effects on team and on your ability to continue playing I left ABGOFORIT. I suspect the trouble [STEVE]P and oldschool declare on the posts above are related with my issue so it should have happened some time ago when I wasn’t even playing. I’m sorry even if it isn’t my fault. Now, I hope that after leaving the team you’ll be able to play normally.
    Next thing I’m going to do is opening a ticket with Rovio and I expect to be back when the issue is solved.

nacho18
    @nacho18

@jorge-freeman-1 . I did Race 3 ; Races and I didn’t see you on Team List : I thougt ; something bad on you again. Sorry try contact Rovio . Hope soon they’re fix it again. But is Weekend .!!! Good luck.

@janmej
    . I Got again some kind extrange Happens on my Game :
    At first : the Page opening game was Freze I touch it then was to second page on Sppinig glass clock .takes longer but opened ; I did not see Freeman . Above reaso why! Team is #6 ; ranking team is kinda normal ; but on list team is diferent!!
    I touched to be on Race !!! It was not Sound or Song on waithing race ! But if I touch watch video : sound in video ; after video no sound on Racetrack waiting ,race touched on both video for slightshot and Sppedy blower ; sound !!yes ; after Races Ready to Go! No sound or song!!!
    Once you touch to start the Race ; sound coming up!! But not loud .!!! Like slow ; then a lit bet normal .!!! I thing is an other Bug. I remember you Refer this happenstance . Are you ; experimenting this thing too!!!

@oldschool
    and @stevep can not Race !!! Again are you Racing !!!

@abgofast
    let it know if you are on normal pits and your racetracks are good!!!
    I have no idea what’s go!in on @platium @alcusto @wazemank and @phoenix6.!!!

Sorry on our Team :!!! We are on Chaos Again this is Not Fair!!! What’s wrong With ROVIO !!!!

[STEVE]P
    @stevep

Mine seems to be working ok now.

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@alcusto @phoenix6 @janmej @platium @oldschool @nacho18 @wazemank @jorge-freeman-1

@stevep
    ~

Hi folks….I wasn’t playing the game when Freeman’s eggs got scrambled again so I can’t comment on the troubles that might have occurred that @stevep and @oldschool identified. Chances are it related 100% to Freeman’s troubles. Last time this happened, we were all impacted.

I can say I checked the game play 5-10 minutes ago and it’s working fine for me. There are half dozen cheater teams on the game right now. Whether this also contributes to general slowness and troubles is anyone’s guess. I’m sure it can’t help.

We’re temporarily down a teammate given Freeman’s decision. I’ll try to watch to make sure a cheater doesn’t join the open spot. If we get a newbie, we might have to live with him/her for a bit till Rovio addresses this “scrambled eggs” event.

The team score seems okay right now on the leader board. Last time, it reflected the huge increase from Freeman’s event and was why I attempted to start the team over by removing everyone in our well document chaos that ensued afterwards. I have no intention of doing this to you again :) If you see something weird, post it here and open a ticket with Rovio please.

All these technical troubles have cast a doubt in my mind for why I invested so much time into this game. Then in a moment of calm and clarity, I realized it was the best decision to do. If I hadn’t decided to play this game, I’d never have met and enjoyed the friendship of you all! So maybe I had a bit of a moment … that while Rovio’s tech problems are a brutal headache for all of us, that ultimately they can be forgiven. Without their game, we wouldn’t haven been brought together as a team and family that is ABGOFAST…ABGOFORIT:)))

nacho18
    @nacho18

Ohhh my Good : Team I foud out Agai the Ghost or Big Warning .!!! Sync. Devices vs Cloud !!! ROVIO ask me Again !!! Take or Device or Cloud !!! I didn’t do anything to Got this !!! I thing so !!!

I did Race early in the mornig . I stopped because : very extrange mood on the Game.
    Then I come Back to race again: big Question !!! One single wrong . Then lost my Progress .! No way !!! Fortunately . Nothing happens .!!! Just second question ; Go! To Race on SubZero vs New one Team !!! No way !!! I Got out!!!
    So much Warnig for me!!!
    I started to thing there is a plot vs me ; these Happens Oftenly to me.!!!
    I am very supportive myself . And try to ve Very Calm!!! But one day I’ll lose my Patiense to ROVIO and Developers !!!! The they wil a Listen to me Acting : Like Insurgent And Agressive .!!! This is the best Game Ever By ROVIO !! But !!!! It is Plagued with Thousand of Bugs and Glitches . Ni where to Race or Run!!!! Is this is Normal !!!!

@abgofast
    @wazemank @platium @alcusto @janmej @phoenix6 @oldschool @jorge-freeman-1 and @stevep : we are into a NigthMare on this GrateGame : Best Game Ever !!!! But Mixed with so many &@£¥£###!?^%# ^*+ .!!! When Will Race Normally without Interruption : for days Weeks And Months : ROVIO Shoudl Know :HOW TO WORKS THIS GAME IN OPTIMUS MANNER AND NOT TRASH ALL OVER THE GAME…!!! He Dicho!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,551 through 2,575 (of 3,427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.