Good morning, fellow flingers! And a very happy Monday to each of you! Hopefully you had a relaxing weekend and are ready to start off your week with a fantastic Rovio update, coming this morning via Bad Piggies! As promised, Bad Piggies v1.4.0 is now available for iOS and Android via Google Play, with other platforms coming soon!
This update includes:
- 30 new levels levels in the Rise and Swine episode, finishing off the episode. As a friendly reminder, don’t forget that you do NOT need to perform all three required objectives in a single run in order to obtain 3-stars on a given level. Our walkthroughs are live so check them out if you need any help!
- More skulls! Keep your eyes peeled, and our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide is there for you!
- New Sandbox level. These are very different, requiring you to collect 20 star boxes scattered across the massive level, using as many contraptions and tries as you need. We will be updating our Complete Sandbox Guide soon as well.
- One new Road Hog Level! Walkthroughs can be found here.
- New Grappling Hook! This is a super useful item which mounts on the outside of your contraption and is orientable as you see fit. A very useful tip: You can both shoot and retract the hook manually, so if you are getting too much pull, try releasing it!
- Power Ups! More below.
- Thirteen new achievements in GameCenter! This is a massive set with plenty of fun.
- New bugs? Repaired bugs? We have a forum thread and would love to hear from you.
As Rovio said last week, Power Ups have made their way into Bad Piggies. But they are done is a pretty unique way. Most importantly, you don’t have to pay to earn them! Scattered throughout
today’s 30-level release all levels (thanks @PJng) are cakes, cupcakes, and other sweets. Collecting the food and finishing the level will add them to your “King Pig inventory”. Feeding King Pig the sweets will periodically and randomly earn you Power Ups!
There are four new Power Ups:
- Super Glue makes your contraption nearly indestructible. This is a very useful item if you are struggling to avoid a Krak-Snap while speeding around. As an in-app purchase, you can buy 10 for $1.99, 20 for $2.99, 60 for $6.99, or 150 for $17.99.
- Magnets will pull star boxes and desserts to your contraption, both of which can be very helpful. Magnets cost $1.99 for five, $4.99 for 15, $8.99 for 30, or $19.99 for 100.
- Turbo Charges doubles the power output of your contraption’s engines! This could lead to some blazing-fast times in Road Hogs levels. You can buy 20 for $1.99, 40 for $2.99, 90 for $5.99, or 150 for $9.99.
- Super Mechanic Pig automatically builds a 3-star contraption!! This is much more impressive than the normal Mechanic Pig, who builds a 1-star contraption. These are pretty pricy, costing $1.99 for five, $3.99 for 15, $6.99 for 30, or $19.99 for 100.
- The normal Mechanic Pig has been tweaked to a 1-time purchase for $0.99. This will allow you to summon a 1-star contraption on any level you’d like. As a result of the tweak, any accumulation of (normal) Mechanic Pigs you had have been converted to Super Mechanic Pigs! Woooo!
- Check out our walkthroughs for Rise and Swine! The newest levels are online, ready to help you.
- Our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide is there for you!
- Need help in those massive Sandbox levels? Some of the boxes are tricky, so our Complete Sandbox Guide is a good reference.
- Got a need for speed? OurRoad Hogs walkthroughs can make you go faster!