Squawk! Oink! Another day, another exclusive look at Bad Piggies. This time X-Play sits down (literally) with Rovio’s own Andrew Stalbow. This exclusive sneak peek comes on the heels of the amazing Bad Piggies Gameplay Trailer we saw on Monday. The difference? Well, this one reveals quite a bit more info, including some of the bacon-bits we thrive on.
What we know now!
- The Game: The slingshot is replaced by your imagination and engineering prowess! Start the level by building an effective vehicle or contraption using the supplies on hand. The goal is simple: carry the Pigs from the start of the level to the end without killing them — ideally completing the objectives along the way.
- Building Materials: Build your contraptions from blocks of wood, fans, wheels, ballons, and much more. Other than the Sandbox episode, each level will start with a certain number of components for you to use.
- Gameplay will includes physics, engineering, flying, velocity, gravity, balance, and likely, some joy and frustration.
- Episodes: Andrew says the initial launch will include 60 levels, with 30 more that can be unlocked. If you pause the video at 2:45 you’ll see the first two episodes show 135 stars. This means that each episode will actually contain 45 levels, so 15 might be unlockable. This is confirmed by there being 3-pages on levels. That’s not all though, as there is a “Sandbox” episode with additional levels (see below).
- Episode 1: Ground Hog Day includes Levels 1 thru 36, and Levels I to IX
- Episode 2: When Pigs Fly, we assume it will be in the same format, with 36 Levels and 9 special levels.
- Sandbox: This seems to be a kind of free-for-all where you can build contraptions from a much bigger choice of components. Andrew mentions there are “four more levels” here, but the episode selection screen shows 100 stars. That doesn’t quite jive, so we will just have to wait for some more info.
- Unlockable Bonus Episodes Based on the star count and what Andrew says we know there will be bonus levels. There will obviously be some levels that are unlocked by 3-starring a block of levels, but I’m hoping some are unlocked similar to how Golden Eggs are.
- Updates: As is to be expected, Rovio is planing to release regular updates.
Like bacon? More Bad Piggies goodness.
- Bad Piggies Gameplay Revealed
- Bad Piggies Comic (all parts)
- New Teaser: The Hogwatch is on at BadPiggies.com
- Bad Piggies Preparing to Retaliate Against the Angry Birds