This just in! The Pigs CAN fly!
While Bad Piggies borrows features from Amazing Alex and Angry Birds, it definitely looks like it will offer very unique gameplay. Players start levels by constructing a vehicle on a grid, which you’ll use to try and steal the Birds’ eggs. We all know the Pigs aren’t the best engineers, so expect your vehicle to be held together by duct tape, snot, bird beaks, and broken screws. There are “millions of combinations”, so what you can create seems as endless as your imagination. Construct everything from cars to helicopters to planes (if you want to call them that). Keep in mind each level has certain objectives, so what you build should help the Pigs accomplish those goals, which will in turn earn you those coveted stars.
What we think we know so far:
- Create: Build contraptions with all sorts of engine parts: propellers, air pumps, coils, fans, and more.
- Controls: Different parts produce different controls, which you’ll use to steer your vehicle through unimaginable mazes
- Challenges: There seems to be various time and objective based challenges.
- Solutions: At 0:47 in the video we see a light bulb icon similar to the one in Amazing Alex. This likely means you’ll have the ability to share solutions. There also might be the ability to search solutions.
- New Music: An amazing new theme song. It’s similar to Angry Birds, but unique in its own way. I love it.
What we don’t know yet, or are unclear on:
- The cost and OS requirements have not been announced yet. For price, a pretty good guess is $0.99 USD for mobile, $2.99 for HD, and $4.95 for Mac (and PC later on).
- We don’t know if the ability to share solutions will be iOS only via Game Center or cross-platform. Regardless, we will create walkthroughs of “our” solutions.
- How will parts be chosen and configured? We assume you will start each level with a set of parts, which you can then drop into the grid wherever you want. We will see how open-ended this is and what restrictions are put in place.
- Will we see some secret — Golden Egg like — Easter eggs? Hope so!
- It’s still unclear how many levels and episodes there will be at launch.