At long last, Angry Birds Space v1.4.0 has landed! We were the first to report this update over a month ago, and Rovio has heavily teased the release over the past 48 hours or so. Included in Rovio’s tease as a trailer, which you can view on the page just linked.
This is a major update that includes an overwhelming amount of new content, so let’s not waste any time. Pig Dipper is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
This update includes:
- 30 space/aquatic levels! Battle those pesky green pigs with a mixture of space/gravity physics and water/buoyancy physics. We warn you in advance that these can be a bit tricky to master, but have patience and keep at it!
- One new Eggsteroid! For now, we will leave its location a mystery, but be sure to keep an eye out and check out our Complete Eggsteroids Guide, which will be updated soon.
- Three new Antenna Egg levels! As expected, there is one for levels 6-1 through 6-10, one for 6-11 through 6-20, and one for 6-21 through 6-30.
- One new Sardine Can level! This is unlocked by obtaining all 30 feathers using the Space Eagle. This walkthrough will take us a bit more time to get to, but please be patient.
- Power Ups! There is far too much to say here, so it will have its own section below.
- Four new iOS achievements!
- Pro Tip! The clams hold pearls, and pearls are valuable. Break open a clam to reveal 3000 points!
- Daily Reward! The daily reward has been slightly tweaked. Instead of receiving a Space Eagle daily, you will receive either one Power Up, one Space Eagle, or five Space Eagles!
Power Ups (iOS/Android only)
As we said above, there is a lot of stuff that needs to be said. Foremost, please do not post any misgivings about Power Ups in this thread. We have a specific thread in the forum that Rovio monitors. Your opinions will be better-heard there.
Next, before we get into the Power Ups themselves, we regret to inform users that the price of the Space Eagle has changed. Prices are now 20 for $1.99, 50 for $4.99, 110 for $9.99, and 225 for $19.99. C’est la vie.
OK, now onto the good stuff. There have been three Power Ups added to Angry Birds Space:
- Flock of Birds — Immediately launches four smaller versions of the current bird from the slingshot, stemming from the original release post and radiating outwards.
- Space Eggs — Act just as they do in the Antenna Egg levels, creating a miniature black hole (small area of extreme low pressure) wherever it is triggered.
- Pig Puffers — Well, they puff pigs, I suppose. Call for this Power Up, and all pigs will inflate. Note that this is particularly effective against underwater pigs.
Now for prices. Purchasing an individual Power Up, you will receive 30 for $1.99, 80 for $4.99, 170 for $9.99, and 400 for $19.99. If you purchase the three in a bundle, you will receive 10 each for $1.99, 30 each for $4.99, 65 each for $9.99, and 140 each for $19.99.
And the best news of all. We are thrilled — nay, ECSTATIC — that scores obtained using Power Ups are distinguished as such! Your scores with Power Ups are only displayed if you have activated Power Ups on your particular try, and are displayed with a lightning bolt icon. Otherwise, playing without Power Ups only displays scores obtained without Power Ups. I know it’s a bit confusing, but check out the video at the top of the post to see more.
That said, please DO NOT enter scores obtained using Power Ups on our leaderboards. Now that there is distinction, we may adjust our leaderboards to eventually include such scores, but for the time being, they are not permitted.
- Video walkthroughs for Pig Dipper are live and can be found on the Pig Dipper walkthrough page.
- Need help on with Space Eggs? Our Complete Space Egg Guide has more information.
- Our Complete Eggsteroids Guide has be updated for the newest Eggsteroid.
- Looking for feathers? Total Destruction video walkthroughs for previous levels are live to help you out.
- Brand new Complete Feather Level Guide to help you through these very challenging levels.
- For a complete list of all achievements available in Angry Birds Space, see our page.
- The Leaderboards is live with the new levels, so see how you compare to some of the best in the world!