PC flingers rejoice with a huge double-update to the original Angry Birds! v4.0.0 is now available and adds a huge amount of content.
For more information about this update or the contest run between Rovio and AngryBirdsNest, see the original release post.
The v3.4.0 portion of this update includes:
- 30 new levels in Short Fuse, with the final 15 coming in a later update. Our walkthroughs are live to help you out!
- Shockwave Black Bird has a special ability in this episode!
- Piggy Potions imitate the bird that they are colored after. Drop an orange potion on a pig and he inflates like the Orange bird. Break the blue potion to cause the piggies to triple like the Blue bird (or break multiple potions to get 9, 27, or more!). Pink potions cause piggies to inflate, grab all nearby blocks, float for a while and then drop heavy destruction below.
- New Golden Egg! Keep your eyes peeled for hidden Egg.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
- Just a friendly reminder that Power Up Scores are not permitted on our ABo leaderboard. Using a “Shockwave Black Bird” that is given to you in the starting lineup is perfectly fine. It is only considered a Power Up if you click on the PU button (not available for PC, but just emphasizing).
4th Birdday Party
For more information about this update, see the 4th birthday celebration.
The v4.0.0 portion of this update includes:
- 15 new levels in Birdday Party! Our walkthroughs for these levels are live. Note that the Birdday Party chapters have been relabeled:
- Chapter 18 has been renamed “Cake 2″ and appears on the rightmost page;
- Chapter 19 has been renamed “Cake 3″ and appears on the middle page;
- the new levels are named “Cake 4″ and appear on the leftmost page.
- Any Golden Eggs? We didn’t find any, but keep your eyes peeled. Each chapter of Birdday Party has had one before now.
- Ham ‘em High Facebook Levels have returned! These were taken away in v3.3.x for unknown reasons, but have been restored. Your scores on those three levels should be restored as well.
- A second friendly reminder that Power Up scores are not permitted on our ABo leaderboard. It’s a wee bit important to us, don’t you think?