Aaaarrr matey! Prepare your cannons and watch your booty as Rovio Stars freemium real-time strategy game Plunder Pirates is now available for iOS (a full day early I might add). For those of you scoundrels in the USA that want to plunge your hook into it straight away you can download it now from the iTunes AppStore.
From game industry veterans Midoki and the rampant scallywags behind Angry Birds comes an addictive real-time strategy adventure like no other! Build a 3D island, recruit a pirate crew and set sail for uncharted waters.
The worldwide release comes on the heals of a large update (v1.3.0) that was available earlier today in the countries that participated in the soft launch. Plunder Pirates version 1.3.0 includes a number of additions that you won’t find mentioned in the US AppStore, including:
- Pirate Hall Upgrade — Take your Pirate Hall to the next level with the new Pirate Hall
- Extra Levels — With the new Pirate Hall come a whole raft of additional building upgrades
- New Skills — Keep training up your troops with more skills unlocked in the Academy
- Ground Pounder — The engineers have been busy and are proud to present a brand new heavy bombardment defense weapon
- PlunderCam — See your island from a whole new perspective using the all new PlunderCam™
- We Talk the Talk — Fully localized text for 11 different languages
- Exploration Map Makeover — With new island graphics it’s looking better than ever
I have been playing Plunder Pirates for about a week and as such I am still very green (i.e. I am a newbie), but I have recorded a couple videos that may be helpful to other newcomers. They are:
Beginners Overview of Exploration & More
My First Battle Captain Tinto’s Farewell
Other helpful links:
- Get talkin’ in the Plunder Pirates tips and tricks forum
- Stay in the know via the Plunder Pirates and Rovio Stars news channel
- Rovio Stars walkthroughs, including Tiny Thief and Icebreakers (formerly from Rovio Stars)
There you have it. Download it for free today and let us know what you think below.