Winning streak and severely uneven matching opponents

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Winning streak and severely uneven matching opponents

• After i go on a winning streak of 2 or 3 i seem to inevitably get matched up with an unwinnable opponent. Like an opponent who has all level 5 birds to my level 4 birds. How dair is that? Make it fair at least so skill comes into play. Not left to going up against juggernauts you know you will lose to because its so lopsided.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

My opponents are so lopsided that I’ve decided to retire. My arena matches are brutal. Level 9 birds. 5 spells. Low star ranking which makes me question their legitimacy. I don’t think we are the lone rangers in regards to this topic.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Sometimes you get many fair opponents in a row and sometimes only that clowns with five cards. These are almost unbeatable, they often conjure extra birds out of thin air during the match.
    Yesterday I beat a guy with four cards (no eagle) who seemed to be a lousy player. I guess that was one who bought or won the cards.

Summers
    @summersoff7

Im not talking about guys bringing spells into the match….just all 5 birds of their’s are level 5 while my 5 are level 4. This happens EVERY time when I go to win 3 in a row to get the red deluxe treasure chest (when it isnt even deluxe at all since I laughably only got ONE lucky duck spell card from it last time).

Aeshna
    @aeshna

To me, the screen shot below is a cheater, but they do not have the experience of actually spending hour after hour flinging.

I see players like this constantly choose the wrong bird on their first throw because they haven’t played that level enough.

I’d say, if you come across players like this, don’t be phased, use a few spell cards (they’re now more obtainable and easily won then ever before) and then take them on.

It makes more sense keeping a run going in the arena than playing the DC. 600 feathers can be won and if you need to spend 60, 120 gems, then to me, it is worth doing.

image.png

Aeshna
    @aeshna

And another one…. And another win to me. This one left blizzard spell to last card and scored 200,00 less on first throw despite using a bronze bird to my level 7.

I’m trying to give encouragement because these players are beatable. That said, I realise not everybody gets the same game, there are glitches bugs and luck, be it good or bad. And a wise man knows when to walk away from the enemy and when to fight.

image.png

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@summersoff7 – I am finding, like you, that having won the first two battles against fairly matched players, it all goes ‘pear-shaped’ on the third. It’s happened several times, the most recent being matched against someone with level 6 and 7 birds, to my level 5, and ranked 50+ to my 39, so far more experienced and they know what they are doing. Surprisingly only narrowly beaten, mainly because I brought in 3 spells (that have accumulated with the Daily Challenge and more frequent small chests since the update and which I rarely use in normal play).
    Otherwise would have been a massacre.
    Very dispiriting, despite the match being against a legitimate opponent (rather than a cheater with a low rank and high level birds) – I’ve yet to get a winning streak beyond two so now playing just enough to avoid being dumped out of Diamond league.
    Having said that, what’s the big deal about Diamond League anyway?!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I had one like that to finish winning streak, Aeshna. Seven birds at level 9 and five spells. It got worse, not only did I get smashed but I started play on over and over until I got the lead, but the game showed he was still the winner. I was 500,000 points ahead and he was still the winner. I had to get to almost a million points ahead to finally be the winner. The arena has lost its magic for me.

heybert17
    @heybert17

If the game isn’t messed up since the update then someone isn’t playing fair, some of these “players” are beyond ridiculous.

burbman
    @burbman

I have also noticed that the opponent gets significantly more challenging as I progress through the various stages of the winning streak. My (maybe naïve admittedly) explanation for this was that the game was matching me up with other players who were also at that same stage, and had thus earned their way into that battle as I had. That said, I also think that the addition of friend gifts to the DC has given me a significant boost in the number of gifts received, and as a result I have more spell cards at my disposal to take on these more difficult opponents.

Nsu
    @nsar

Also if you have accomplishments in winning streak, i.e. 2 wins in a row and close out the game to avoid an unfairly matched opponent you lose your winning streak and have to start over. A lot of the other changes in the latest update are pretty good though.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Winning streak and severely uneven matching opponents

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.