Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Welp, I’m fecked this week.

“Win arena battles and knock out 3 birds while they are attacking your banner!”

That’s arguably the hardest Arena objective out there, and I just drew it. Pity, as I was running Top 2 yesterday.

burbman
    @burbman

I usually use a thorns banner with cupcake trap and shock shield applied to meet that one @graugeist

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

You don’t need to kill all 3 at once? Much easier, no problemo!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

One of the objectives that I get almost every week and annoys me a lot is knockout Matilda 5 times with Blues. Matilda seems to be the least popular bird to use in the arena so it can take a long time to find teams using her.

Nostromov
    @nimd4

LOL,

Here is my setup which can blow three opponents once.

@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDiSTtABuE

xD

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I’m with @burbman I love that objective! ‘Venomous’ with ‘Mage’ instead of ‘Rainbird.’ Done and done!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@angryde – I misunderstood the requirement – I thought you needed to knock out all 3 at once.

You actually only have to knock out 1 bird, 3 different times.

It should have been worded:

“Win arena battles and knock out enemy birds while they are attacking your banner!”

That would be clearer.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@graugeist This is a very easy objective for those of us who use one of the venom teams. Do as angryde says, use mage in place of rainbird. Hopefully this won’t bother you in the future.

And the other thing with this objective, I try to get all three knockouts within the same battle. Again, very easy to do with the venom team plus mage. You may have to adjust your battle strategy. The venom team is not about an “all out attack”. Using the venom team, with the Blessed set, it is very easy to keep your birds alive and in good health for the entire battle.

I still find the objective “knock out three birds with one attack” to be the most difficult. It is so dependent on the opposition birds and banner. The other really difficult objectives are those that require you to use a specific bird.

Tman
    @tman

Yeah, the knock out three birds in one attack is the worst. You have to be very careful with weapons that do critical hits or damage to other birds. You also need to do math and know your banner sets to make sure you can do enough damage with a bomb rage attack.

I’m taking a very laid back approach to this season. The overabundance of rank 12 teams I meet makes it too annoying to be competitive. I’d also rather grind where I can get mastery.

angryde
    @angryde

Again, I am in agreement with @kerravon and @tman re: the ‘knock out three birds with one attack’ objective. Definitely on my poo-list. I just haven’t evolved a decent super-offensive strategy… and I don’t have any of the LC purchasable classes. I often really, really struggle with said objective… and lose many arena lives.

Anonymous

@kerravon @tman @angryde Honestly this objective is easy for me. I just don’t really have many problems with it. Call me nuts but I actually LIKE getting this objective because it’s fun to see all the birds blow up at once :D.

What team do you guys use anyway? I like Captain with Candy Bomb and Paper (To get extra strength but avoiding the Scissors bonus), Mage with a Hocus Pokus set weapon and Vitality off-hand set, Spies with Save Me and the Blessed Set. It works very well and I can actually knock all the birds out twice in the same battle.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Not to spoil anything but it seems like the discussion in this thread is starting to be more appropriate to be had in here: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/daily-objecties-help-thread/

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryjohnny I think this has become the catch all thread for those still playing the arena.

@partshade I just modify my venom team to Capt’n with Sugar rush, Druid with Nightmare set and Rogues with Save Me. With the Blessed set of course. I don’t think those of us who use the venom team like to stray too far from it. I certainly don’t like to go for teams designed for all out attack. And like you I try to complete both attacks (take out three birds with a single attack) in the same battle.

There are some opponent birds it is simply not safe to try this objective with, since you have to keep all three opponent birds alive for a couple turns. e.g. Rogues and Princess. I have also had stretches of opponents with the revive emblem on the banner – which you also have to avoid. So sometimes you just don’t get appropriate opponents among the easy ones you get at the start of the day.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’d recommend using different teams so you can learn the strengths and weaknesses of each bird. The arena sort of makes you do this and different teams are better for different objectives. The same is true outside the arena. For example, most people probably never use the cleric, but any battle where you use 4 birds makes the cleric one of the most valuable members of the team.

I pretty much stick to 3 team configurations in the arena. The venom team (rogues, rainbird, druid), no healing and no bird knockout team (samurai, cannoneer, archers), pure offense (wizard, sea dog, spies or skulkers). All three are very effective at different objectives and you notice each team has completely different birds. You can substitute different birds like the bard, paladin, mage or captain when needed.

I don’t use the venom team anymore because I lost all my banner items and almost all my off-hand items except stuff I was equipped with when Rovio fixed my save file. After the fix I can play on my iPad and the game rarely crashes. However the venom team isn’t very good without the blessed set. I don’t even have a sweet flag so my venom team is too weak to use. I used to have at least 2 versions of every set and banner set except the new sets for Chuck and Matilda. Now I have only the blessed flag and 1 complete set for each of my birds. Rovio gave me 450 LC to help get some of my items back. If I’m lucky, I’ll get 1/3rd of my items back next week during the 5x rainbow riot.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

There are only 3 teams to bother with:
    1. Venom – Rainbird, Druid & Rogues
    2. Smash – Wizard, Seadog & Spies
    3. Spike – Samurai, Cannoneer & Marksman

The rest only get played at all because they’re part of weekly objectives. And note that Matty is completely useless – that’s why it’s crap when you need Blues to kill her.

BINH
    @binh

What i hate most is kill 10 birds/battle. I often lost counting

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@binh There are lots of simple ways to keep track. Using your fingers is one obvious way to keep track. You can use 10 of something else like coins and create a pile as you kill each bird.

Narc
    @narc

@killerkea I’ve noticed that too. It seems whenever that objective comes up, you have to fight more than 10 battles in order to get one with a matilda. I’ve also noticed the strategy of the AI changes with the objectives of the day. Sometimes the AI will only target the birds but whenever I get the “Get three stars three times” the AI always goes right for the banner. I like a challenge but its gets very annoying very quick when this happens.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Day 2, and I’ve again completed all 6/6 objectives. This puts me 8th out of 15, with #9 also having completed 6/6 this week.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

For knocking out 3 birds with 1 hit I always use:

Capt with Scissor set
    TBird with Phoenix set (in case I lose the coin flip)
    Skulkers with Save Me set (in case I lose the coin flip)

Depending on enemy team I either use Blessed for protection or Sinister for +attack

First round
    Skulkers on TBird, TBird attacks, Capt powers himself up
    Second round
    Skulkers on itself, TBird attacks (if still up) and Rage on Capt

Tends to work pretty well unless there’s a really tanky Red or the enemy team has some form of revive mechanic (Phoenix/Save Me/Revive Emblem). If that’s the case I try to take another round to weaken the tanky birds/waste the revive mechanic. If I’m facing the Revive emblem I’ll skip trying to do the objective for that fight. (30% is a lie! …well just for the enemy team) ;)

Disagree about usual team comps. Or, I should say, I agree those are all fine teams, but I’ve been running Blessed/Vengeful with Pally (Dragon)/Wizard (Mana)/Spies (Beep Beep) for this entire season and it rarely needs to be changed and holds up really well. Nearly every attack hits all enemy birds and they melt pretty quick. Spy/Pally healing is all I need to keep myself going.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I crashed out of 2 fights yesterday after a regular loss, so that cost me an objective. I’m no longer in the running this week. Thanks, Rovio.

Anonymous

@graugeist Same thing happened to me today. First battle the forced video wouldn’t load so I had to force quit. Second battle it crashed. Third battle I finally got to play. And then the fourth battle the video wouldn’t load again. It’s a shame really because if I had won one more battle I would’ve beat all three objectives at the same time. :/

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

That sucks.

If 5 or 6 guys crash out, I’d be back in the running. Fat chance of that happening.

Nehuen
    @nehuen

I have the game uninstalled due to lackness of space, but may reinstall in an update where the third season is on

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@Kool pig The 3rd season ended like two months ago (can’t remember when, exactly)… we’re currently in the 4th season and it’s 2/3 weeks away from ending I think

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.