Which classes are best suited for autoplay?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Which classes are best suited for autoplay?

• I looked through the “Easiest Team to Auto SRC?” thread but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.

On autoplay, because of poor AI, certain birds tend to waste an incredible amount of time using support skills when they don’t have to use them (Rainbird), while others consistently squander them at the end of the turn (Sea Dog, Cap’n). Others find different ways to be annoying, e.g., Skulkers, who loves to use his support skill when there is only one enemy left.

A select few birds, however, seem to be very good at cutting to the chase. I think the AI wastes less time with birds that have mediocre support skills (Wizard) or buffs that don’t last long (Samurai). Other birds that seem to jive with the AI include Paladin, Cannoneer, and Princess.

So, what do you think? Which birds are best for cutting to the chase?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@mopurglar In my experience, the fastest team is Pirate/Wizard/Spies equipped with Sugar Rush/Reborn/Save Me. Keep in mind, that setup assumes 45/10 birds with level 41/45 sets + the golden chili. My average completion time is 2 minutes 50 seconds averaged across 50 SRC farms.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

My favorite team for SRC is Paladin, Wizard, and Tricksters. Paladin heals, Wizard mass attacks, and Tricksters provide power boost/cleansing/dispelling.

I loathe autoplay with Rainbird and Priestess, especially. Rainbird constantly heals when my birds are at full strength. Priestess constantly links to the other birds for shared healing, which is useless unless they have another way to heal (like Hokus Pokus weapon) because she never freaking attacks. I actually don’t like autoplay with Princess, either, because she always attacks and never heals, sometimes letting my birds die of nasty effects. Rogues have a tendency to put the cupcake trap on someone who will die on their next hit. Cannoneer usually plays well, at least until the Wizpig is at 100ish health, because then Cannoneer decides to use the last chance before Wizpig attacks to use his counter support on someone instead of just knocking out the Wizpig. Oh, AI. How you frustrate me if I watch you play.

Jim151
    @jim151

AI is always a good source of amusement. I especially like it when it uses the rage chili on chuck during the 4th wave, when there is one only one very damaged pig left, and then no rage chili available for the wizpig wave. In any event, almost any combo will work for me due to mastery and good sets, but I think the most effective is paladin, wizard, and spies. If you have the chain sets to go along with them, so much the better.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mopurglar If you go to the Epic Tips (Master Topic) thread and follow the link to the Snoutlings thread, you will find some advice on autoplaying SRC.

The best teams are
    Wizard, Capt’n and Spies
    Wizard, Tricksters and Bard

Mopurglar
    @mopurglar

Thanks guys! When I autoplay SRC, I do it for snoutlings as well as for mastery, so I try to pick birds that could use more mastery. As a result, they’ve all been leveling up at a similar pace, and now they’re all at least rank 9 (besides Stone Guard).

That said, there are definitely some birds that seem to make things take awhile when I bring them along, so I might just give up on them.

If I can summarize so far:

Good AI / quick:
    Wizard
    Paladin
    Spies
    Samurai
    Pirate
    Bard
    Tricksters

Plus-minus:
    Cannonneer
    Princess (well, the AI works but she is weak)
    Capn**
    (IMO — haven’t timed him, but it seems like a waste to boost at the end of the turn. Same could be said for Tricksters. That said, the dispeller was basically mandatory for SRC when my birds were lower in rank.)

Poor AI:
    Rainbird
    Priestess
    Rogues
    Sea Dog

And @angryde, thanks for sharing! Would be curious to see how some of the other teams compared. There is a nice graph re: snouts/hr in the thread @kerravon recommended, but it sounds like you’ve got the inside scoop.

angryde
    @angryde

@mopurglar I did these runs ages ago… not sure how the results would compare to current values… obviously, the times are WAY OUT… these were based on 35/8-ish birds, I believe.

* Posted in ‘Mastery Points’ 6 months, 3 weeks ago *

‘King Pig’s Castle.’ Five runs, same birds (averages): Time – 00:07:16; Mastery (each bird)– 84; Snoutlings – 35.

‘Mouth Pool.’ Five runs, same birds (averages): Time – 00:07:43; Mastery (2x birds) – 39; Snoutlings – 37.

‘Star Reef Castle’ across three attempts with the same birds/gear each time. #1 = 49 mastery for all birds. #2 = 84 mastery for all birds. #3 72 mastery for all birds. 116 Snoutlings on average.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Avoid Stone Guard at all cost. Its AI casts Ancient Protection 70% of the time.

angryde
    @angryde

@mingkee27 So true! Stone Guard has his uses… but never during SRC auto-play!

mich
    @m-ich

It seems to be pretty important to not rely on old info here. I suppose at least part of the information in the snoutlings thread is outdated because AutoPlay behavior has changed since then. For instance, back when I was grinding for snoutlings (haven’t done that in a very long time), I always avoided Samurai because the AI always activated his shield at exactly the wrong time (e.g. when the undead in wave 4 were about to revive). This seems to have been fixed.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Which classes are best suited for autoplay?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.