What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 255 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I have had both of these recently. I find taking down the banner without knocking out a bird much easier to achieve. Particularly so with the new AI controlling the opponent birds, which is less predictable in what it does.

In both cases you have to select your target carefully.

When you have to knock out all 3 birds at once you are working with a moving target. The new AI can be unpredictable and do something unexpected. And often setting up your plan can put you in a vulnerable position. Three active opponent birds can totally destroy your plans.

I have tried and succeeded with a buffed up Captain and his explosion.

However, starting with Marksmen with the Save Me set and a Blessed Idol for more health, you are a long way towards taking down the banner. You then have to select the rest of your team (usually Samurai and Canoneer – but this can be Capt’n if you need dispel) and your target. And obviously avoid the thorns and knockout emblems.

BirfTheAngrySpider
    @birfthebird

Every class specific objective. That and the one where you can’t knock out any other birds. Bloody frustrating.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I see your point. That team works very well and one can use that team for grinding too. The only problem is that team isn’t likely to get three stars.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea @Kerravon @burbman @anyone — Does anyone have any advice for the no chili objective? I have both the no chili and no healing objectives today. I’ve read this entire thread, and I don’t see anything about no chili. Since I have a golden chili, using it is a very important strat.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — You posted a strat for no healing, but you didn’t say how you used the birds. What do you do with the skulkers? There doesn’t seem to be any useful way to use his extra power???

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@mvnla2 For no chili, I would suggest Berserker because when your chili is full, he will do max possible damage for the rest of the battle. *It is important that you do not battle against Soothing banners (which are kinda OP because your chili fills up like 0.001% (that is, incredibly little) after Soothing activates without any Perfect Balance bonuses), or your strategy may not work as intended.* Use any other classes you find convenient.

No healing objective
    DO NOT USE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
    Paladin
    Cleric/Moon Priestess (you have a pratically zero chance of completing the objective using this).
    Hocus Pocus items (if no healing for bird)
    Vampiric Crest if it says no healing for banner.
    Matilda’s Medicine rage attack
    Sugar Rush set

You are allowed to:
    Revive normally after 3 turns.
    Use revival items.
    Earn a Vitality boost from a banner item.

I don’t really have a lineup especially suited for this, but as normal, follow the above rules and find what suits you best and you can complete the objective.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 When I have a no heal objective, I normally go with a strategy where I go hard at the banner, similar to what I have described above for the objective “defeat banner without knocking out an enemy bird”. Follow the advice on not using items that cause healing as described previously. You also have to avoid the Save Me set for Marksmen as revival from this set is considered as healing. You can take the Plushies item for the bonus health it offers, but you need to choose a weapon other than The Sling.

For the No Chilli objective, you can take the same approach again. I rarely use the Rage Chilli when I use this strategy – you typically get more damage with the multiple attacks from Samurai than by giving him the Rage Chilli.

You do have to be careful if the opponent can set a defensive buff on the banner, in which case it can be good to take Capt’n with his dispel ability instead of the Canoneer.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 I also had no chili this morning. I also had to use bomb and chuck together. I used Paladin dragon breath, Rainbird Phoenix, Captain sugar rush. I also use Paladin dragon breath, Druid sweet and Skulkers reborn for this objective. Main thing is to have a healer and have some way to keep hurting the opposition while healing. If it looks as though I will need to dispel I substitute Captain for Skulkers.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 I often use Wizard, Sea Dog and Skulkers, but when I get the no chili objective I’ll switch Wizard out with Bard or Paladin so I have high damage birds.

I attach the Sea Dog to Skulkers then either have Skulkers attack something I want to kill or have him use Tricksy Trick on himself. Depending on what I have equipped Skulkers will do 1040 or 963 damage and the Sea Dog will do 1738 or 1877 damage with gang up. My third bird will finish off an enemy bird if the combined damage was not enough. If I get to use chili on the Wizard usually 2 enemy birds go down.

I think the strategy of using Marksmen, Samurai and Canoneer and concentrating on the banner is an easier way to complete the objectives you have.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks all! Got the no healing yesterday, and the no rage today.
    Used Paladin with dragon breath, Sea Dog with sugar rush and Bard with Honey set. My Berserker is level 9 and Sea Dog 10, so their base strength even with a full chili favors Sea Dog; not sure how it works out over the long term, since Sea Dogs strength goes down when he’s injured.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got the scissors set earlier this week which is the one set I’ve never had. It works well at keeping your Sea Dog healthy especially if you have the blessed set. The sugar rush set is great for healing everything, but scissors does more damage and there is a 100% chance of healing your Sea Dog instead of the 15% chance the sugar rush provides.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea The problem with Sea Dog is if his health gets really low. I managed to get an opponents Sea Dog down to about 200 health, so he did very little damage and couldn’t heal himself much (with the scissors set). I was happy to leave him that way. This week I knocked one down to 26 health. Unfortunately the opponent also had a Paladin, so he could help bring Sea Dog’s health back up a bit.

I guess his health is just something you have to manage when you use him.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Don’t let the Sea Dog’s health get low. The enemy almost always targets your lowest health birds so soon he’ll get knocked out anyway and revive at full strength later. If you are using the Vengence emblem, he’ll explode for some 500+ damage. When your Sea Dog is low on health consider using Explode because that still works at full damage or better if weak spot is active. If you are using the vampiric emblem, the amount of healing he does to your banner never goes down when his health goes down. The Sea Dog isn’t for everyone, but I like using him since he does the most damage. If all 3 of my birds are standing after the first round, I usually take out the enemy banner in 2-3 rounds and get a 2-3 star score. You can put Rainbird in the party with a sweet flag or the blessed set for some pretty nice healing. If you don’t have the reborn set for Chuck, then using the Sea Dog might not be a great idea.

What team do you like to use for grinding?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Sorry the wording in my previous post was a bit ambiguous. I was talking about reducing the health on an opponent’s Sea Dog. I still don’t have him myself.

For my main grinding birds I am very defensive. I like to get 3 stars each time if I can and so use healing a bit. My birds are Paladin with Protectors Aura (that’s the only completed set I have for him), Druid with the Sweet set and Rogues with the Save Me set. I have a Blessed Idol, a flag with Sweet and a Rage Shield. I do switch weapons for Paladin to get some chain attacks (Dragontooth) and may change Rogues for Tricksters if I want to dispel.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — Thanks for the suggestion for “win with princess”. What set items do you suggest?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — Would still be interested in what sets you used with your suggested “win with princess” team. Don’t know that I would class it as fun, but I did manage to win 5 battles with your princess team. I did reject about half the opponents I was offered. I should also thank you for getting me to fight with marksmen — they’re more useful than I thought.
    Anyway, here’s what I used:
    Princess rank 10 with sweet level 41
    Marksmen rank 9 with beep level 41
    SeaDog rank 10 with scissors level 41
    Killerkea’s strat:
    Attach the Sea Dog to the Marksmen, then attach the Marksmen to your banner, then attack with the Princess. This is the ultimate counter punch team. Next round whatever the Marksmen attacks is dead since they’ll have the Sea Dog to finish the enemy off if it is still alive.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 I like the way you equipped your team. Both scissors and sugar rush work great. It may not be the most efficient for the arena. It all depends what you are fighting. I think it is fun because that team outputs more damage than anything else I can think of if your enemy doesn’t dispel and constantly attacks. Assuming the enemy birds survive your Sea Dog can get 3-5 attacks every round and even more outside the arena when fighting larger groups and you don’t even have to use your chili to get this many attacks. Inside the arena he gets 3 from the counter and 1-2 more from his gang up and his own attack. Your Marksmen can get 3-4 attacks per round assuming the enemy survives all the attacks. I think it is fun seeing constant explosions caused by BEEP and scissors both when you are attacked and when you do the attacking. This team is the reason why Rovio weakened all of Bomb’s sets and Blue’s BEEP attack set.

When fighting outside the arena with this team it is a good idea to equip your Sea Dog with an old version of Paper so he has less health than your Princess. That way the Princess gets attacked and your Sea Dog will continue to attack at full strength. I didn’t have any sets for my Sea Dog at the time, but during the Puzzles and Dragons event this team easily slaughtered everything except the dragon quickly since my Marksmen had the BEEP set. When fighting a group of 7 my Marksmen usually got 4 or less counter attacks in the first round because most if not all of the enemy would be dead by that time.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — Thanks again. Marksmen just went from the bottom of my priority list for ranking up to 10 to second. The first is still the skulkers. If this sounds weird, it is because most of my classes are already rank 10. Wonder if I can get marksmen to 10 before the next event???

burbman
    @burbman

@killerkea @mvnla2 – I just tried the princess, marksmen, sea dog team and got demolished. I lost the coin toss and both princess and marksmen were gone before I even got started. Glad it was right before objective reset, so I am not starting a new day with a loss already.

I much prefer my Wizard Phoenix, Sea Dog Scissors, and Spies Save Me team for grinding. They almost never lose.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@mvnla2
    Blue Trio/Marksmen is critical if you have “all enemy birds survive” objective along with Red/Samurai and Bomb/Cannoneer because, as I said, the attack times will be doubled which can cause massive damage to the banner.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — I had the objective of “win with princess”. At the time I wasn’t grinding, which I hate to do in any case.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I also don’t like fighting with or against Princess. The battles always end up messy.

I don’t have Sea Dog, so I tried a variant of the Marksmen + Princess combination, but ran into trouble with opponents with Dispel. You have to watch out for opponents with this ability. In particular, I had a problem with an opponent Matilda bird with Yin & Yang set – which only has a 35% chance of dispel – but which constantly dispelled Marksmen’s ambush.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

If you get “no chili” objective, deploy Bomb/Berserker. As long as you keep the chili gauge full, Berserker can make maximum damage.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I do this with “win with Princess” objective:
    Install any “spike” emblem on the banner, but it’s better if you have spikeball (revenge) emblem because it will hurt ALL your enemies including enemy’s banner. Make sure you deploy Blue Trio/Spies for using recovery ability every turn, and, if you have crossbow set, it can make 2000+ damage.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I’m nearly going to drop a league this week due to getting too many daily objectives that require hats that I do not have! I’m Currently at 12th place. Then today I got “Win twice without healing the banner once” and “Knock out three birds with one attack twice.” I think Rovio hates me this week!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.