Version 2.3.0 is Out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.3.0 is Out

• What’s New in Version 2.3.0
    – Heating up the competition with a new arena reward system: collect points throughout the whole arena season to unlock mighty rewards
    – Become a Challenger: Stoneguard, Illusionist, Witch, Frost Savage and Treasure Hunters get a powerful “Challenger” Upgrade – only for arena players!
    – Arena upside down: we completely reworked the Arena Camp to improve navigation & overview

Lots of nasty bugs wiped, check the full epicness: http://bit.ly/Epic230

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

The “minor changes and improvements” sound more like penalties. Anyone found out what they really mean? Well, once you get past the allegedly fixed “load balancing”, if any.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@toolow

Expect the downloading assets be 400MB

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

The only good thing is you don’t have to grind for those chests.  If you get 5500 every day from daily objectives, you will get 400,000 points by the end of the season.

DD
    @toolow

@quickgaming

Oh, wow. They managed to more than halved the size. What an epic improvement.

@gabe-nestor

I suppose we should all be very grateful that they didn’t jack up the price / requirement. Perhaps a variety of head gears is fun, but introducing more of them just complicates the game and add more opportunities to screw up something. But that’s just my view. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Seb
    @sebth

Don’t forget to take your time, to get the Mytic Emblem at level 92 :-)

Pointless
    @pointless

Thankfully the excessive World Map load times seem to have been fixed, at least..

Buds
    @budstheawesome

Anyone else noticed that in the Sneak Peak we were shown the cap increase, but we still haven’t gotten it?

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Load times definitely better, though still a bit laggy and jerky when doing certain things.  Better apparent news is that it seems to actually be saving your progress consistently again – at least I haven’t lost any progress yet when a week ago it had become pretty much hopeless.

New arena looks neat, though seems we don’t get to have friendly unranked matches anymore, and the arena opponent remained the same even after I went back to the world map and ran the daily dungeon.  Has anyone figured out another reliable way to reset your opponent without exiting and re-starting the game?

DD
    @toolow

As I predicted, some bugs are fixed, others are not or ignored, and at least one new problem added.

As pointed out in previous posts, the excessive load time has been fixed although it is still a bit choppy (which looks like the same problem in the past before they reintroduced it back).

Other problems like item list is still not addressed, and the “load balancing” is not really fixed for everyone.

And now, you can access the shop from arena friends list! OK, so it’s a little convoluted. Navigate to the Friends tab and an arrow will appear on the right of the Season title text. Wait for 1 minute and tap on the arrow.

On the “minor improvements”,
    1. no more showering your friends with rainbow bar boost,
    2. no more unranked arena battles,
    3. more likely crazy stamina drinking at events with rewards from arena chest,
    4. more mind challenging picking among the head gears with the new challenger set,
    5. more trophies of birds from parallel universes, and more no doubt.

On the plus side, at least we’re guaranteed a mythic every season as long as you complete all daily objectives.

EDIT:
    And what the hack does “The battle preparation now saves if you played hard mode at dungeon or world boss battles before” means?

Seb
    @sebth

Before playing a Dungeon or a World Boss, you were on the normal level and you had to select the hard level each time.

Now, the system selects the hard level automatically if the last time, you played in the hard level.

sjmike
    @sjmike

They still haven’t fixed the Professor Pigs Lab bug if you’ve already maxed out on Pompous Pig Cherry Juice Rank 5 and Delicious Fruit Cake Rank 4. It still shows them available for purchase.

DD
    @toolow

Has anyone seen the 1.5-daily golden pig? Is it absent because of the event?

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@toolow

I noticed that the gp was missing as well.  I may be another upgrade! ;)

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Another new thing I’ve noticed…  I think they removed the feature where we would make a free roll on our friends Golden Pig, this in turn would fill up their bar, nicely.  (i think that’s what it said in game.)  But now that that roll has been removed, your rainbow bar won’t fill as quickly through out the week/month.

On average I’d get 5-6 rolls on my bar a day.  Filling it every few weeks.  But if that’s been removed, then we won’t see this anymore?

I fear that I’m correct.  =sigh=

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow I was about to ask the same thing…must be a new “improvement” introduced in the upgrade. Really Rovio, why not just require a credit card to log on and be done with it?

DD
    @toolow

@pointless
    They’re just waiting for a coin-operated-arcade-style roll out, modernized to use a credit card instead. And I’m sure there is no plan to update it with blood / organ transfer in the future.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Autoplay is still broken

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow I’d chuckle, yet I wouldn’t put it past them…so shhhh! I kinda like my kidneys :)

;)
    @winkwink

So much for 2.3.0… Although ‘hard mode’ for events and dungeons is saved (a bit of a help for absent minded guys like me) and the load has had a minimal decrease, the arena now crashes after almost every battle even with my new wifi router and updated Galaxy. Rovio’s ‘upgrades’ are a textbook case of how to ruin a once engaging game…

DD
    @toolow

@sjmike

Haven’t seen this problem but it’s not that surprising. Some of their bugs are known to not affect everyone. On my second profile, every time I start the game, it’ll ask me to tap on the nest button and the tutorial level on the map, even though I have done that more times anyone can count.

@coachmp

Hence, no more rainbow bar boost for friends.

@gabe-nestor

I think this is their way to dissuade us from mining mastery and snoutings.

@winkwink

You get some, and you lose more. That has been the theme for quite some time now.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I didn’t see the Golden Pig during the last event’s days, too.

My Arena is a little bit more stable, but It Means that sometimes It crushes After 3 games and sometimes after 5 games. The only constant keeps being “it crush”, but with very different frequencies ;-)

Finally, World Map load time shrinked to 15-20 seconds and the game came back playable again.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Still no Golden Pig showing up on the map.  I haven’t seen one in close to a week.  Great Job Rovio

DD
    @toolow

@gabe-nestor As in the past, they just omit unwelcome changes from the release notes.

;)
    @winkwink

For anyone using android to play and having repeated crashes in the arena – I found out that the problem is Facebook related. When I sign out of Facebook and remove the AB Epic app from my Facebook profile the arena works without crashing. When I sign into Facebook again the arena crashes after or during a battle. It is not enough to just sign out in the game, you must also remove the app from your Facebook profile, too. It can easily be added back once you are done with the arena. Hope this helps…

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

@winkwink My experience for the last few months has been that the Arena will reliably crash if I complete more than one daily objective in the same battle while logged in to Facebook.  The game crashes immediately upon winning, before the wheel comes up, so I don’t get any extra points for the battle, but I get credit for the objectives and the bonus points associated with them.  I’ve made it a habit to sign out of Facebook whenever it’s likely that the next fight will complete more than one daily objective, and otherwise I try to only complete one objective at a time.

That said, the game in general seems to be a little bit more prone to crashing when logged in to Facebook, particularly when it comes to Arena and event battles, but completing multiple daily objectives has been the only thing that I’ve been able to replicate.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.3.0 is Out

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.