Version 1.5.7 has gone live

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.5.7 has gone live

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc Dropped LCs for the MEs I got but not on full rainbow bar.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc I’ve gotten four MEs (in order, thorn wall, weakened healing, rage shield, shroud). One I got on a spin on a friend’s GPM, two I got during the New Year’s 5x event on Sunday, and one I got yesterday on a roll during the 3x event. The mythic rage shield might have been the result of a spin on a full rainbow bar, because my rainbow bar was empty after I stopped and I stopped immediately after getting the MRS emblem, but I’m not absolutely sure about that. The other three were not spun on a full rainbow bar, unless the friend had a full rainbow bar.

Back when the “old” new banners and tops first came out (Valiant, Angry, the white one, and whatever the hell the fourth one was that I don’t remember off the top of my head because I never use it), I think there was a time when the AGPM was broken and not giving out new set items because everyone was reporting that they had spun a number of times and had not gotten any of the new set items but were getting the old set items (Blessed, Rage, the black one, frozen). But in this case, where a lot of people are getting them, my sense is the mythic emblems are available, you’ve just been “unlucky” so far. The reason nobody is reporting them for a full rainbow bar is that full rainbow bars don’t happen all that often, and there is about a 1 in 5 chance of getting a ME or a regular set item. So you need to have multiple rainbow bar spins to start to see a high likelihood of getting a ME.

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc That’s a tentative not yet and an N/A from me, mate. :-/

Suzy
    @suzyq

@kennymcc

I got my first Mystic emblem which was Rage Shield on the New Year 5X, my bar was almost full. Since then I have got another 2 rage shield emblems but none were mystic. I don’t do Facebook so can’t roll friends rainbow bar.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jamairoqui @datguygamer
    So every 5th set item dropped in Arena should be ME in avarage?
    When u pay LCs to roll GPM, u should have full rainbow bar quite often, right? Usually paying LCs during Raibow Riots 3x, 5x.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc It never happened to me. All the emblems I got were in a sporadic manner. The Golden Arena Pig Machine never dropped them at the rate you’re describing.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc Yeah, I think that ratio sounds about right. It was almost exactly that ratio for me until yesterday when a 4th ME dropped, now I am running a bit above that average. Small sample sizes are like that.

The rainbow bar fills every 20 spins? Or is it 30? I forget. Anyway, it is multiple 25 LC spins so even if you drop a couple hundred LCs then you might only get one or two full rainbow bars.

Honestly, I look at them in my inventory and think “Fantastic. Another place to sink shards, that I won’t get back, and when Rovio increases the level in 9 months I will have to start over again.” I’ve been comparing game play with a mythic rage shield and a regular rage shield, I don’t notice a huge difference in difficulty. That might change as mythic emblems become more common.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jamairoqui
    Thx for your experience.
    The great power of ME is when u lose the coin-flip, then u get only 50% dmg from all attacks during the 1st round of battle.
    I think that 5 multi-rolls for 25LCs should full the rainbow bar. Not sure about that.

BTW. I asked Rovio for the ratio of dropping ME and they wrote me that they cannot tell me that information :) Also info for u @datguygamer :)

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc Right, but only for your birds. The banner takes the same amount of damage as if there was no mythic emblem. So when you are fighting a mythic and get to move first, hammer the banner on your first turn, save the rage chili (assuming you have the golden chili) for later when the opponent birds take normal damage (unless you are using a venomous lineup or want to rage attack the banner with Red), and hope the squire pig to revives your birds quickly. The mythics, in my opinion, are just a way to squander shards that should go into weapons, off-hand items, and banner/top sets.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc It’s actually expected. The ones in customer service may or may not be experts in understanding what the developers at Chimera do regarding codes. They are there to just answer our questions as long it fits into their knowledge well. So it’s natural for them to not know/ not tell; it can be either.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@kennymcc I got one ME on a free GPM roll. The only time I had a full rainbow bar, I rolled a set item. I don’t use LC’s in the arena GPM anymore so it will be a while until I get my next full rainbow bar.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui that is true for most Mythics. I wouldn’t waste resources Enchanting Emblems I don’t use anyways, regardless if they are “new and improved”. The huge exception here is Mythic Resurrect, offering a rebirth at 100% Health, as well as the already mentioned damage control on the first turn upon losing the toss.

Atom
    @atom

I just got my first Mythic Emblem (Shroud) off a friend’s AGPM. But I rarely spend LC on the arena GPM so I don’t expect to get all of them anytime soon.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless I use Yoshi’s (@smwforever45) idea of not fully enchanting anything. So I go up to level 5, maybe 7 if I really like a particular item, and then stop. It keeps the shard count manageable and my equipment has a reasonable strength. I’m betting if Rovio did a cost-benefit analysis calculation they would discover returning shards at a higher rate than 1 shard per level when scrapping an item would benefit them because people would be more willing to enchant to higher levels. If it takes 55 shards to enchant to level 10, but I get back 11, that is a huge hit, which I’m not willing to take for a set item that may retain value for a year at most due to level increases. Enchanting to 5, which takes 15, gives back 6, which is not nearly so costly from a shard perspective.

But if you always got back at least half of what you put in (so that scrapping a E10 set item returned maybe 28 shards instead of 11), then people might be willing to buy more shards to enchant more things. In that case, Rovio would actually come out ahead. This would be helpful for Rovio and for the players since they are obviously going to push the level cap higher and higher.

Atom
    @atom

@jamairoqui I do the same thing. I only enchant to level 5 or 6 because of the return level. I also only enchant the one or two sets for each bird that I use the most. I totally agree that I would probably enchant farther if the return were better. I am sitting on 298 shards right now but the other thing that keeps me from enchanting is the raised snoutling cost. That has really slowed down any enchanting I wanted to do. Also the level cap increase and the fact that I have to build up a new collections of level 72 set items.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@kennymcc I got a mythic weakened healing from a 25 lc roll two weeks ago. I can’t remember if the rainbow bar was full though

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@jamairoqui @atom @pointless
    I have never used a single Shard to upgrade any banner part. It is wasting of shards in my opinion. I use Shards on some bird’s weapons and only few Shards on offhand items. I have/had no problems playing and winning arena battles.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@kennymcc I’m saying this with a smile, which you can’t see, which I mention only because I’m not trying to be a dick (that just coincidentally happens any time I say or write anything, which is weird). If you think enchanting anything is a waste of shards, but there is no other use for shards other than enchanting banner sets, weapons, or off-hand items, there is a bit of a logic problem in your position. What exactly are you saving them for? Your daughter’s dowry? Armageddon? Sprinkles on cookies?

@atom
    It seems like a reasonable option. It makes events and CC more tractable since as everyone observes, ease of play in arena is graded to the strength of your team, so unless you are willing to hack your birds to be OP, you never get ahead. You just get stronger opponents. However, the max levels in the game and caves are fixed, so enchanting things makes playing them easier.

burbman
    @burbman

@jamairoqui – Kenny McC didn’t say enchanting everything was a waste, just banner items.

burbman
    @burbman

@jamairoqui – No problem, I wonder what they would taste like sprinkled on cookies…

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

It appears mythic emblems don’t give shards when scrapped

Screenshot_20170113-134706.png

DD
    @toolow

@sam-spargo So that’s what Rovio mean by “economics” in the game.

Pointless
    @pointless

@sam-spargo you have no Emblems? Many are usefull, even unenchanted in certain situations, and they give nothing when scrapped.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@pointless I guess I’m used to scrapping any non set items I get on the golden pig machines that when I got my mythic emblem I got into a habit of scrapping non mythic emblems

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.5.7 has gone live

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.