v1.8.9.0 for iOS – it's out, and it's bugged

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.8.9.0 for iOS – it's out, and it's bugged

• Update finally released this morning. Unfortunately ever since I updated, I can no longer run nodes.

To be specific, when I’m on the “Select a Teammate” screen, the “Select” button doesn’t work, which means that I can’t start the run.

Here’s the status of the various buttons:

– Select – doesn’t work
    – Boost Your Buddy! – sends you back to the main map
    – Facebook connect – doesn’t work
    – Change teammate? – works
    – Close screen (the red “X” in the top right corner) – doesn’t work
    – Go back – (the white arrow in the top left corner) – works

I’ve hard-closed and restarted the app. Doesn’t help.

I’ve tried multiple nodes, doesn’t matter. So it’s not isolated to any particular node.

Sigh.

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee

(Since I know you’re going to ask, I’m running iOS 9.0.2 on an iPad Mini 1st gen.)

*** EDIT: you can click “Select” if you’re connected to Facebook so you have a choice of three buddies (but only the TF on the left, not the middle or right) ***

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

P.S. according to the App Store description for this update, one of the features is:

“MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS! The ABT Team has heard your feedback and fixed a number of major issues for this release.”

Anyone know which of the major issues have been fixed? I’m kind of hoping that “Updating Progress” and the Eggbot intercept bug have been resolved.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Here’s another bug, first time I’ve ever experienced this.

[BTW, I was finally able to start a node run, but only after I connected to Facebook so that I could access three buddy choices and could only select the leftmost buddy (apparently Android players have been experiencing this as well?)]

Anyway, mid-run I transformed into vehicle mode to jump out of the way of a falling monolith, and the entire game froze. The music continues to play in the background, but otherwise the game is completely unresponsive. None of the onscreen buttons work, including the pause button in the top left corner.

ph
    @ph

Since I am running missions and an upgrade I was waiting for them to finish before upgrading. Based on your issues, I think I will continue to wait.

Traveler
    @traveler

I am also upgrading and running missions as well. I will also wait and see how things work out before updating. Sorry @optimist_pig you had to suffer the consequences for another poorly managed update by Rovio.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I have been very lucky, no bugs at all for me since this morning’s update. Haven’t tried intercepting an Eggbot yet to see if that is fixed, if I get a chance I’ll report back

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@optimuspig Facebook!?! You caved…?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sorta. I actually needed it for something else entirely, but once I had it, I figured that I may as well use it for this game as well.

The FB account is a total throwaway though.

WiseDiver234
    @wisediver234

After update iOS on restart I was already connected to Facebook but I can only choose the upper left buddy to join in the node. The other ones can’t be chosen.

wrw01
    @wrw01

I have experienced just about the same defects/bugs with the update. Just running Missions for now and the future until a fixed is presented.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Also, it seems I can only play the Hallween compitition only once or twice. There is no way to start it again that I can figure out.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The update progress bug hasn’t been fixed.

I’ve been able to successfully complete the three eggbot intercepts I’ve started since the update – not definitive proof that it’s been fixed, but so far so good.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Been playing occasionally throughout the day and have not received the progress bug, yet. Given the number of other errors with this version I will assume it is not corrected also.
    For now just collecting coins, running missions and playing in the Lab. Very disappointing and sad the we cannot play this game correctly for months. It was a great game months ago when it operated correctly. I played it for just about a years with no problems.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Hmm. The only problem I’ve been having from this is the issue of the Facebook log in button won’t work (although I’ve been having this issue for a while now). It does go to the FB app now, but it doesn’t actually log me in. Other than that, no problems for me (iPad 3 with iOS 7).

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I am on iOS 9.2/iPad Air 2 and have the same problems @optimuspig listed at the open of this thread since the update, only I do not use Facebook. I cannot run nodes or participate in the contest. All I can do is run missions and farm coins, yet my screen is now cluttered with Halloween-themed buttons trying to entice me to spend money.

nikki567
    @nikki567

In past experience (many times,) I upgraded with no initial problems, then a few days later had catastrophic bugs that left it unplayable for months. I’ll wait til all bugs are resolved before upgrade.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Despite the claim in the App Store that ““MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS! The ABT Team has heard your feedback and fixed a number of major issues for this release” I can confirm that neither the Upgrade Progress bug, nor the eggbot intercept bug (i.e. eggbot doesn’t show up, etc. etc.) have been fixed.

Which leads me to wonder: just what were the “major issues” that were fixed???

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee

Pampeans
    @pampeans

“MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS”! As long as it takes for the iOS versions to clear the App store, someone might want to check that the update actually works before it’s submitted. Also, since not everyone uses Facebook and the update only works with Facebook it should have been released through Facebook, so that only the people that use Facebook received the update.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@20qmindreader

Hello. Thank you to all the people that have reported this issue to us. We have submitted a hotfix to iOS to address it and we are now waiting for it to reach the app store. While I can’t give you an exact timescale for this, I can at least say it’s a matter of days, rather than weeks.

I apologise to those players currently experiencing the issue. Thank you for your patience, and I hope the fix will be with you very soon.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@optimuspig

The issue associated with the ‘updating your progress’ message loading an unwanted cloud save has many different causes, which vary from one player’s save to another. While we have tried to fix as many of these as possible with update 1.8.9, it’s become clear that a number of users are still experiencing the issue. Please be assured that we will continue collecting information and working to prevent the issue occurring. I’m sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime, and thank you for your continued feedback.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that’s not the only issue plaguing us.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@optimuspig

Regarding the issue causing things to go missing when intercepting, we have resolved this internally and will include the fix in our next full app update – I’m afraid it wasn’t quite in time for the hotfix that should be on the stores very soon.

Please let me know if there are any other outstanding issues not mentioned in this thread.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@gradientturtle7

“Please let me know if there are any other outstanding issues not mentioned in this thread.”

There’s a bug where the buttons become unresponsive during the node and you’re unable to shoot, transform, or call in the buddy. Your only choices are to watch the Tf be killed, or exit to the map losing any coins you paid to switch the buddy.

Gjy5199
    @gjy5199

Running iPad3 with iOS 9.1 unable to press select button to choose buddy and begin node. Also unable to press X to close node. Able to press back arrow to return to energonicon selection and X out from there. Game is essentially useless at this point. Anither failed “upgrade”. Perhaps you could concentrate less on attempting to sell more product and more on attempting to repair the actual bugs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

“Please let me know if there are any other outstanding issues not mentioned in this thread.”

Ever since the update, when I’m on the “Select Energonicon” screen it’s almost impossible to left and right scroll through the choices. The other touchscreen functionality still works fine, just not this.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

Missing achievements. This happened a couple of updates ago.

Missing Achievements

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.8.9.0 for iOS – it's out, and it's bugged

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.