"Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 312 total)
  • Replies
  • Timber
    @timber

Loknar,
    I also did not get any rewards and the icon is gone. I finished in first with 23,210 but did not take a screen shot… doh! Rebooting did not help.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer @angryde
    Oh yeah :) 200 FE is big package of FEs but I dont know what to do with them :D Rovio should implement an option (on Cauldron or Anvil) to make LCs from FEs :D

@partshade
    U beat the last player, right :)? What a mighty feat ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Haha, very true. :D

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@loknar, @timber

Contact Rovio again immediately. They won’t do anything unless you make it known to them how unfair it is. I missed the rewards for elite pirate and elite cleric, eventually Rovio tried to buy me off with 100 LC’s. I told them it was still unacceptable and they eventually rewarded me.

Anonymous

@kennymcc @angryde That’s true. It took several hours of tapping on flowers to take that guy down. :D

Timber
    @timber

@shapokomanbeast

Ticket submitted without a screenshot. I have just replied to numerous questions about my activities (devices, locations in ABE, etc) when the event ended. Awaiting a reply.

Loknar
    @loknar

@shapokomanbeast @timber

After submitting the initial ticket, and answering their inquiry for some extra information, they have now reimbursed me those 100 Lucky Coins that ShapokoManbeast mentioned. You are correct that is not a fair compensation, considering that would not even cover the cost of the Friendship Essences and Stamina potions used to ensure the three star finish.

I have of course contacted them again about that, but I am not sure if Rovio will bother doing anything about that. My latest ticket for fair compensation for the arena and event resets a couple of months back has lain ignored for over a month now, while other tickets have been answered.

Timber
    @timber

@Loknar @shapokomanbeast

They specifically asked me which android OS I was using in addition to my IPhone SE6 and Ipad 2 tablet. I really had no choice other than mentioning that I was using Bluestacks.

I was informed that I would get the 100 LC’s but further compensation while using Bluestacks would not be allowed. It was also specifically mentioned that I would have to log on with my IPhone or Ipad to get the compensation. This one will just be chalked up as another costly lesson learned about this buggy game.

Personally, I think this and previous problems have been caused by finishing events using Bluestacks and then switching over to my IPhone to check for my winnings.

In the future I will ALWAYS take a screen shot just before the events end and only use my IPhone to complete events. Unfortunately, this will require the use of my pinky finger and a magnifying glass to ensure that I don’t press the wrong button!

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

There are a few things I think you can do to minimize loosing the reward after an event:

1) Do not be playing the game when the event ends.
    2) Wait about 10-15 minutes until after the event ends so the servers will not be so busy.
    3) Do NOT do anything else before claiming the reward after you start up the game. Do not get mastery from the Dojo, do not go to the Arena or Nest and most importantly DO NOT view the News banner.

No proof if this actually work but I go by these steps and so far I have not lost an event reward.

Timber
    @timber

@angryjohnny

Thanks for the advice! I’ll see if that works in the future.

Loknar
    @loknar

@timber

I don’t think it is related to Bluestacks. I am playing the game on Android 5.1.1 on Huawei Honor 6 phone. I was in-game at the time the event ended though, in the leaderboards screen for the event observing if I needed to spend more stamina potions to ensure a three star finish.

If I recall correctly, after I closed the leaderboards screen when the event had finished, the event icon on the right side of the screen showed the “Finished” text for a split second, before the icon disappeared for good.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Especially avoid the News banner right after an event ended! It’s usually very buggy and it was the reason why I was unable to claim my reward for Elite Pirate after I tapped the News banner.

angryde
    @angryde

@timber I was given the ‘Bluestacks isn’t supported’ so GTFO line too… Grrr!! I’d already submitted multiple complaints + requests for compensation though… and, to be fair, Rovio had already reimbursed me 3 times… XD

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@loknar,@timber

I can’t say for sure in @timber’s case because I am technologically impaired? and don’t know what Bluestacks is but Rovio did confirm what @angryjohnny & @smwforever45 said.

They told me the reward loss was due to people playing the event right until it ended(the nerve of those people?). Then they admitted that this wasn’t “ideal”. Yeah no —- that’s not ideal. I told them this was a situation they were responsible for since their allowance of cheaters was the only reason I played until the end so I could take screenshots of said cheaters. If they were more proactive about cheaters they wouldn’t have such issues.

@loknar

Hopefully they reward you further. I did point out to them that failing to give a prize that was promised even if accidentally still borders on fraudulent behavior. I also did take screenshots of this forum thread after the Elite Pirate thread that showed even those who claimed their mastery prizes still got the extra mastery reward Rovio gave to all people and some received lucky coins to boot(not hating fellow “nesters” just did what I had to do). So again I think they will do something else for you, so keep up the good fight?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    I’m often left with no other choice than to play until the end – maybe not until the last minute, but way into the last hour. Tough competition is the main reason. I don’t deal with cheaters, if they are on my board it’s no use anyway. They can enjoy their 50 or 300 Snouts. XD

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45

Haha for sure.
    P.S I’m surprised it’s even close now that you have all your new, shiny FB friends? Although to be fair I do set my alarm clock every 3.5 hours if a race is close to get the edge. I’m sure not everyone is that psychotic?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    I meant in the previous events. XD I had a quite comfortable lead in the Ninja invasion event, thanks to all the FE’s I had.

I don’t sacrifice my sleep for Epic. That would come close to addiction. XD

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45

Uh-oh, my addiction is now confirmed(although like you I don’t have to worry as much w/new FB friends, incidentally our scores were close last event, I had 22000 plus as well?)do you know of any ABE addiction counseling centers? XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    You always respun until you got the highest reward? I did that too. In the end I was in lead by almost 4k points to #2, but it cost me ~50 FE’s. XD

Try the AABC (Anonymous Angry Birds Center). One recently opened in the Mushroom Kingdom. The Toads are so addicted to that game. :P

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45

Yeah, didn’t end up using too much FE but pretty much. There were some middle rewards I accepted instead of trying for the top prize.

Coincidentally Toad was always my favorite to use in Super Mario 2 ?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@shapokomanbeast
    Ok granted, I also didn’t always go for the maximum reward. I was happy with anything that included the top prize. But usually, I landed on a space with few medals and many snouts. XD

Gotta say, I also like Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2, and in Super Mario 3D World. Luigi is also one of my faves. But wherever possible, Yoshi is my #1 :)

nickname
    @zaqxsw

pretty tough event without skulkers. gl everyone !

Anonymous

@zaqxsw
    Using Skulkers makes this event harder, I think. The ninja pigs with the Dodge ability actually take LESS damage per attack when Skulkers’ spell is on them.

Anonymous

For the record, mu suggestions for ninja pigs in general:
    Red: Paladin or Samurai, with Dragon Breath set if you have it
    Chuck: Thunderbird (his defensive ability crushes ninjas), and Twin Lightning set if you have it. Rainbird or Mage are OK too.
    Matty: Druid
    Bomb: Cannonneer, obviously. Scissors set probably best, but I use Finisher because I’ve enchanted mine quite a bit.
    Blues: Spies or Rogues are both good. Rogues moreso if you’re also using Mage. BEEP set.

metztli013
    @metztli013

I do pretty well with Elite Stoneguard, Elite Thunderbird, and Spies. I do hate those Ninja pigs though. The weekly dungeon with the Ninja pigs is definitely my very least favorite dungeon.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 312 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.