Tower of Fortune Video Option

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune Video Option

• When playing the Tower of Fortune in AB2, I was getting an option to watch a video to get a free turn. I used this option daily to get a bit further up the elevator and it saved me from having to put out 100 gems on top of the 70 I already spent. All of a sudden, this option was no longer given to me when playing Tower of Fortune. I use the latest version of AB2.

It’s absolutely unfair. My husband plays the game too on his own device and he still gets the option to watch a video in the Tower of Fortune.

I’ve sent a request for support on this issue to Rovio. I’m waiting to hear back from them.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

That stinks. I’m still getting it up to and including the 200 gem level as of this morning. I’d be very sad if it disappeared. Hope it comes back for you.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Yesterday morning they suddenly weren’t there for me, today they’re back. One member of my Clan doesn’t get them anywhere in the game and put in a ticket to Rovio; they replied that ads are geographically based and offered at a local level, so since they apparently weren’t available to him the gave him some gems by way of compensation. Don’t know how many, but it’s worth putting in a ticket to see if they can fix it for you, anyway. Good luck!

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I have never had a video option in ToF.

I have never reached higher than I think level 30.

I have therefore never been able to get the super duper rewards for reaching levels 60 or, crikey, 90? Does level 90 exist in ToF?

This is because I constantly get pigs. Just today, floor 1, I get a duck and floor 2, I get a pig. I exited.

I spent nearly all my gems the other day, from near 3000 gems, just to attempt to get to floor 20. Floor Twenty.

I have got to the point that I HATE the ToF and kick myself for wasting my time on it.

Rovio, Rovio, Where For Art is My Luck, Rovio.

Tower of Fortune just doesn’t work for me. End of.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

There are testing groups and every player is assigned to one of them. Rovio may do different changes for each group to see which one performs best. In the beginning I had 10 lives, others had 5 but refilled every 15 minutes instead of 30. When ToF introduced I had 4 cards and 90 levels, some had 3 cards and 60 levels. Now there are 60 levels for me instead of 90 (never reached it), others still got 90. Some still has the video option, I no longer got it.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

I have the video option and have used it a few times. But after showing the video you’ll get a pig faster and the further play costs 50 instead of 20 gems. TOF is the pure rip-off! A grave for your gems!

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I think it was brought in for players who do poorly on TOF to encourage playing on. I get this option usually within the first couple of picks. But then, say I’ve had my quarterly “luck” getting to level 30 or so I won’t get the option for a week or so.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

I have never had this option and rarely make it past level 5. I get a pig on 2 every single day. When I pay the gems I then get a pig on 3

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Two interesting points raised @rippiggies and @scooterbug

I consider myself to be doing very poorly on TOF. Today and yesterday I didn’t get past floor 2, as I hit a pig on the 2nd floor and decided to quit. Why keep spending my gems?

On that note, I often again hit a pig on floor 3 or 4, so I am forced to spend more gems if I want to continue. Yes, it could simply be bad luck – I just suck at picking the right card lol.

The video option does not become and have never been available to me.

To think that different AB2 players have different experiences doesn’t sit right with me. The player experience should be the same for everyone.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

I agree, @stevey. but the video option isn’t even consistent for me day t0 day: low on gems thanks to pursuit of elusive LCs during SSW, I played the Tower of misfortune yesterday and got two pigs in my first three floors with a brief video interlude and free play that got me nowhere. Today I thought the game might show compassion and let me get a little higher, which it did in it’s own way: I got a pig on the fifth floor with no video option to let me play on (which by the way, belies Rovio’s answer about local ads that I cited in a post above, and I hadn’t seen more than the one video in the Daily Challenge, so it’s not like I ran out of ads). I got nothin’, mate; maybe a ticket to Rovio would get you some sympathy gems as it did my fellow Clan member.

As to sucking at “picking the right card”, I’ve often had the lurking suspicion that the card picked me, with other better cards showing afterward a mere ruse to tempt further play – like the “right card” Three Card Monte marks get shown by the street hustler to make them think they weren’t just conned. ;)

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

I also have the suspicion that your “random” award is chosen when you pick any card and the others shown afterwards are “tempters” making you think “Oh, if I just chosen the one just to the left, I’d been a big winner! Maybe I’ll get it next time!” Nice try Rovio, not buying more gems.

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

I’ve found that you have to be really patient with the TOF. If I get a piggie on my first or second selection, I’m done for the day – sometimes don’t even collect the morsels – screw you Rovio. However, every now and again, I get on a run. Today, made it up above 60 level and got a haul. Once you get up to 40+, you get hundreds of gems, and thousands of feathers. But, you have to save up your gems – hoard them! I had over 2000 gems when starting – paid out 20, 50, 100, skipped 200 with video, 400 and then finished out with 800. However, I got enough gem rewards that I only went down 100 gems total. Also came out with 3 legendary hats, 11 eagles, 200 pearls, and assortment of other spells. Bottom line, be patient, hoard your gems for a run, quit early if you piggie early. Sorry to those that aren’t getting the video option, I’d probably quit earlier at the 400 gem level if I didn’t get it.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

@angrysmurf, why did you use the video at 200? That’s my pattern as well: I try to come in with 170 gems and quit shortly after using the video bird as my get out of jail free card (when I get it), but if I knew I’d be playing through 800 gems I’d save the video for a more expensive level. Did you think you’d quit shortly after rather than playing on to 800, and if so, what changed your mind? I’ve never made it past Level 28, and usually overplay my hand after using the video bird (or find I don’t get it) leaving me emptyhanded, but I keep seeing fellow Clan members getting up to 7 Legendary Hats and wondering if I need to take more chances. (Full disclosure, I did get the first three SciFi hats.) Since I never have much more than 1000 gems (right after the Legendary League cashes out), I may not have the bankroll to take the chances necessary to get to Level 60+; your thoughts?

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

@inigomontoya, I don’t actually know if the video appears after 200, haven’t been willing to try. I do normally expect to piggie out soon after the vid and will only continue to the bigger gem payouts if I get to the higher levels. I spend quite a bit of time collecting gems – if I were around the 1000 gem level, I’d probably never go over the 400 gem payout. But realize that at the higher tower levels, you are really getting high gem rewards, so risk accordingly. Just be sure to have enough to cash out, I got above 60 once and misjudged how many gems I had left and couldn’t cash out – pissed off! That was 5 months ago and this was the first time I’ve gotten back there since. good luck!

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Great info, @angrysmurf, and reassuring to me for my decisions thus far; someday I’ll have the gems and nerve.

Thanks!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune Video Option

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.