TIL Blues' Shadow Steps weapon set affects all allies

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum TIL Blues' Shadow Steps weapon set affects all allies

• Blues’ newest weapon set is the Shadow Steps effect that causes them to dodge 10% of all attacks. However, this effect applies to all allies if Blues is somehow hit in the process.

Examples:
    1) Paladin attacks the enemy banner and triggers Chain Attack. Chain Attack targets the enemy Blues, but the enemy Blues has Shadow Steps, and the 10% chance triggers. Neither Blues nor the banner takes damage.
    2) Bomb uses his Explode rage attack, which triggers the enemy Shadow Steps. Not a single enemy takes damage.

This makes the Shadow Steps set a lot more effective than I originally thought.

Interesting note with Rogues’ Cupcake Trap (Thorn Shield): the shield will do the full damage even if Blues dodges.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Picture please? How do you know this? From the calendar?

Anonymous

Yeah this is pretty weird. It also seems to do this with the Shroud emblem.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, I can definitely confirm this for Shroud – Spies’ entire base attack was negated; however, the triggered BEEP! still hit as normal. Same with Wizard getting fully blocked by Shroud.

Also confirmed for for Shadow Steps – I just Wizard’s entire attack get stuffed by Shadow Steps.

Too bad the proc rate is so tiny.

dillo
    @dillo

That set has more going for it than I once thought, maybe I’ll try it out more often. Probably won’t mix with TH reflect though but since they proc differently maybe there won’t be a conflict.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think they could combine – Shadow Steps blocks the damage, and TH reflects the effect.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@datguygamer I can’t get a screenshot because it’s an RNG thing and I can’t react fast enough to get the shot. But example (1) happens more often than I’d like. Chain Attack targeted Blues and triggered Shadow Steps, so the main attack on the banner did no damage.

It seems that set effects are separate and trigger independently. Let’s take a Paladin with the Dragon Breath set, which comes with Chain Attack and an AoE damage proc. Let’s say this Paladin attacks the enemy banner, and triggers both Chain Attack and the set AoE. Chain Attack targets Blues and triggers Shadow Steps. The main attack on the banner plus the Chain Attack on Blues are completely negated. However, the AoE set still hits and does not trigger Shadow Steps, so everything takes damage from it.

Note that Shadow Steps can still negate a weapon set’s AoE effect. It just rolls the 10% chance independently from the main attack/Chain Attack.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@whiteasice Actually there is a misunderstanding. When you mentioned in your thread title “Shadow Steps effect”, I read that as “Shadow Steps Set” and thought that it was a new Set Item for the Blues. That’s why I wanted to see a picture. But now I understand what you originally meant. I hope this clears up the thing.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@datguygamer The equipment set is called the Piercing set. The set effect is Shadow Steps.

Added a note about Rogues’ Cupcake Trap to the top post.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@whiteasice As I said, it was a mere misunderstanding on my end. But I get what you meant. I know what the set names and their bonus effects are. Just got the two confused at the moment. But it’s okay now and I get what you meant.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum TIL Blues' Shadow Steps weapon set affects all allies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.