Some Fun Bird Teams To Try In The Arena (Updated 2/14/2019)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Some Fun Bird Teams To Try In The Arena (Updated 2/14/2019)

• Are you bored with the Arena? Constantly grinding for Mastery and Snoutlings with the same birds? Or maybe you’re just looking for something fun to do without any purpose at all? Whatever it is you’re bored of doing, mix it up a bit and try some of these special teams!

This is a guide designed to provide input and strategies on certain bird teams that are more interesting that the meta we’re used to. Not every team here is guaranteed to be “absolutely incredible”. Everyone plays their own way. These are just bird teams that have either been found to work well in combination with each other, and others are just themed to do a specific thing.

Also note that these bird teams are described under the assumption that players have every bird/class/set listed here. If you don’t have a certain item that’s mentioned here, you can, of course, just substitute it for something else.

Anyway, let’s get started:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Damage Focused Teams
    Teams designed to go full offense, dealing damage to enemies in many different ways:

Rapid Fire
    Birds: Red, Bomb, Blues
    Classes: Samurai, Cannoneer, Marksmen
    Sets: Any, Any, Any
    Banner: Mighty Set OR any flag with Might, any emblem

Strong Against: Pigs with Dodge passive, like Ninjas (Due to them only being able to take a maximum amount of damage per attack. This team will bypass that).
    Weak Against: Pigs with Ironclad passive, like Knights (Due to low damage attacks being halved in strength).

This team is dedicated to strong single target damage by utilizing multi-attack classes. Since Marksmen’s Volley ability does a set number of additional damage to the enemy with each attack, you can use Samurai and Cannoneer’s triple attacks to multiply that. With the combination of all three birds, this will trigger the damage bonus 8x per round.

Rage Rampage
    Birds: Red, Matilda, Bomb
    Classes: Any, Any, Berserker
    Sets: Flaring Presence, Perfect Balance, Boarding
    Banner: Blazing Set OR any flag with Perfect Balance, Rage Shield OR Rage Block OR Soothing emblems

Strong Against: Any
    Weak Against: Levels with the Tranquil Air effect, pigs with abilities that empty the Rage Chili.

This team is dedicated to filling the Rage Chili as fast as possible. With Matilda’s Perfect Balance set in combination with the Blazing set in the arena, the Rage Chili fill rate will be increased by a whopping 125%, with an additional 20% for every enemy Red kills due to his Flaring Presence Set.

With the Rage Chili constantly being full, Berserker will not only receive a massive damage boost, but his Boarding Set will also give him a bonus attack after each Chili use.

The emblem’s purpose is to make sure you get the Chili all to yourself. Any rage attacks by your opponents will either be blocked or very weak.

The Nuke
    Birds: Chuck, Bomb, Blues
    Classes: Thunderbird, Capt’n, Skulkers
    Sets: Any, Sugar Rush, Any
    Banner: Mighty Set, any emblem

Strong against: Large groups of pigs
    Weak against: Ninja Pigs due to Dodge passive

This team allows you to unleash a long prepared, but extremely powerful attack. In the 1st round, have Capt’n use Whip Up on himself, while Skulkers uses Tricksy Trick on themselves. Then in the 2nd round, use Tricksy Trick again on Thunderbird, then give the Rage Chili to Bomb. This will cause Bomb’s explosion to de a whopping 60% (85% with the Mighty Set) more damage, while the enemies take yet another 55% more. This will surely clear the board.

Bomb’s Sugar Rush set throws a chance of massive healing into the mix. It only has a 15% chance to activate, but this insane attack mixed with the set provides the potential to heal each bird for over 100k health (Total overkill, sure, but still fun)

Self Destruction
    Birds: Matilda, Bomb, Blues
    Classes: Witch, Berserker, Skulkers
    Sets: Any, Any, Any
    Banner: Whatever gives the banner the most health

Similar to The Nuke, the team also does huge damage to large groups of enemies. This one, however, is slighty weaker, but also easier to use and can attack much more often. Just use Skulkers Tricksy Trick on themselves, then use Witch’s Giant Growth on whatever bird has the most health (Or banner in the arena), then use Berserker’s Frenzy on that same bird. Your bird will take some damage, but all enemies will get hit a lot harder.

Wasn’t Worth It
    Classes: Thunderbird, Cannoneer, Marksmen
    Sets: Last Will, Any, Avenging Will
    Banner: Any head or flag, Vengeful emblem

This team is dedicated to pretty much annihilating anything that attacks your birds. Just have all three birds use their abilities on themselves. Any pig that attacks will now take damage from Rage of Thunder, while also receiving a bonus attack from either Bomb or Blues depending on who was hit. And if one your birds happen to get knocked, that bird will not only explode dealing massive with the Vengeful emblem, but either Blues Avenging Will set will cause even more damage to an enemy, or Chuck’s Last Will set wil give each living bird yet another free attack, causing great regret within the enemy pigs.
    Defense Focused Teams
    Teams designed to approach enemies cautiously, using unique abilities to either make your birds stronger or render your enemies weaker:

No KO!
    Birds: Chuck, Blues, Any
    Classes:
    Sets: Reborn, Save Me, Any
    Banner: Valiant set, Resurrection emblem

Strong Against: Pigs with high damage attacks, like Brutes (A revival causes the attack to be absorbed).
    Weak Against: Pigs that multi-attack (Can cause a double KO on the same bird)

This team is dedicated to making sure your birds never go down. In the case that one of your birds get KO’d, Reborn and Save Me will guarantee Chuck and Blues one revival each. In the arena, the Resurrection emblem will provide each bird an additional chance 25% to revive, and if after all that, your birds still get KO’d, the Valiant set has a 65% chance to reduce the time until they’re back up and ready to battle again!

Indestructible
    Birds: Red, Bomb, Blues
    Classes: Guardian, Cannoneer, Skulkers
    Sets: Protector’s Aura, Any, Shadow Steps
    Banner: Winged Justice set, Resilience emblem

Strong Against: High damage attacks.
    Weak Against: Damage Over Time attacks, like Poison (No matter how many shields you have, nor what kind of negative effects the enemies have, DOT attacks will still deal full damage to your birds).

This team is dedicated to taking as little damage as possible. Firstly, use Skulker’s Tricksy Trick on both Red and Bomb. This will reduce the damage dealt by all enemies by 45%. Next, use Guardian’s Aura of Fortitude to block damage taken by all birds by another 25%.

Red’s Protector’s Aura set will also block yet another 20% of incoming damage, while Shadow Steps gives Blues a chance for an attack against them to be missed entirely.

In the arena, the Winged Justice set will reduce damage by another 80% after one of your birds are attacked. With all the other defenses active, this will make them nearly invincible. And with the Resilience emblem reducing the banner’s taken damage by 10% for every bird currently standing, your banner will be as well.

Coma
    Classes: Samurai (Challenger), Bard (Christmas), Frost Savage
    Sets: Grand Slam, Nightmare, Any
    Banner: Frozen set OR any head with Bedtime, Knock Out emblem

Strong Against: Single enemies.
    Weak Against: Pigs with Dirty Tricks passive, like Pirates (Immune to negative effects, stuns included).

This team is dedicated to stunning and freezing your opponents. Since the Titan’s Wraith has an 8% chance to stun with each attack, you can use Samurai’s triple attack to get three separate chances instead of just one, which is even better if you have the full set to extend the stun.

Meanwhile, Bard has a default 15% chance to stun, with an additional 8% chance provided by her Doom.

Finally, Frost Savage’s support ability, Freezing Aura, has a 25% chance to freeze enemies that attack any of your birds.

In the arena, the Frozen Set will provide each bird with an additional 18% chance to stun upon attack, while the Knock Out emblem gives yet another 20% chance to stun enemies that attack the banner.

This many different chances will nearly guarantee one or multiple stuns every round. Not only that, but with Frost Savage (And Challenger Samurai and Christmas Bard if you have them) getting a 50% damage boost against stunned enemies, plus Matilda’s Nightmare set doing an automatic 200% of her base damage to them, your opponents will also get wiped out real quick.

Spell Breaker
    Classes: Lightning Bird, Capt’n, Tricksters
    Sets: Mana Shell, Any, Any
    Banner: Any head with Dispel, Purify emblem

Strong Against: Enemies that focus on buffs and debuffs, rather than damage, like Shaman and Wizard Pigs.
    Weak Against: Levels with Immunity effect (Makes positive effects impossible to remove from pigs) enemies that mostly focus on dealing damage, like Brute Pigs.

This team is dedicated to making sure you have clean battles without the pigs getting any advantages. All three birds have the ability remove any positive effects the pigs may apply on themselves, while Chuck’s Mana Shell set, Tricksters and the Purify emblem can remove or prevent any negative effects the pigs may apply on your birds. With all this combined, it’ll purely be a game of damage.
    Healing Focused Teams
    Teams that focus on recovering massive amounts of health to keep your birds alive as long as possible.

Heal By Harm
    Classes: Paladin, Cleric, Any
    Sets: Any, Sweet OR Cleansing Light, Sugar Rush
    Banner: Sinister set OR any head with Hocus Pocus and any flag with Sweet, Vampiric emblem.

Strong Against: Any
    Weak Against: Shielded enemies.

This team is dedicated to healing your birds without ever having to stop attacking. Between Paladin healing the most hurt bird for 40% of dealt damage, Cleric healing everybody for 15%, and Bomb having a 25% chance to heal everyone for half the damage he deals, and another 30% for all birds and 15% for the banner provided by the Sinister set and Vampiric emblem in the arena, all of which gets boosted by 25% by Matilda’s Sweet set, you should be able to keep fighting without ever worrying about your health.

Instant Recovery
    Birds: Chuck, Matilda, Blues
    Classes: Rainbird, Priestess, Skulkers
    Sets: Any, Sweet, Any
    Banner: Blessed set, Weakness emblem

Strong Against: Anything as long as your birds survive the enemy’s attacks.
    Weak Against: Levels with Healing Damper effect, enemies that inflict effects that half, block or steal healing, like Shaman Pigs.

This team is dedicated to healing your birds for extremely high amounts of health. Use Tricksy Trick on Matilda to spread Angelic Touch to all enemies, then use Spirit Link on Chuck and Blues. Now, you can either attack with Rainbird, which will heal all birds for 10% of Chuck’s total health for every enemy on the board (Which means 7 enemies will heal all birds for 70% health), or you can use Rainbird’s Healing Rain, which now has triple power.

Instant Recovery (Simplified)
    Birds: Red, Chuck, Matilda
    Classes: Paladin, Rainbird, Druid (Easter) OR Bard
    Sets: Any, Any, Sweet
    Banner: Blessed set OR any flag with Sweet, Weakness emblem

Strong Against: Same as above.
    Weak Against: Same as above.

This team, alike the one above, is also designed for heavy healing. It doesn’t heal as much, but this one is much easier to maintain. Unlike the above team that requires you to follow a specific pattern to get it’s full effect, each class in this team can provide strong healing independently. Just attack and heal when you feel it’s necessary.

Venomous
    Birds: Chuck, Matilda, Blues
    Classes: Rainbird, Druid, Rogues OR Skulkers
    Sets: Any, Sweet, Any
    Banner: Blessed set OR any flag with Sweet, Weakness emblem

Strong Against: Same as above, Shielded enemies (Can pierce armor)
    Weak Against: Same as above.

This team is dedicated to allowing you to heal while your opponents are still taking damage. Specifically, all three classes in this team have DOT (Damage Over Time) attacks, which are Acid Rain, Thorny Vine and Sticky Goo. This means you can poison your opponents once, then just keep healing while all that damage is still being dealt for the next 3 turns.

Acid Rain effects all enemies, but Thorny Vine and Sticky Goo only effect one. Alternatively, you can replace Rogue’s Sticky Goo with Skulker’s and use Tricksy Trick on Matilda to instead apply Thorny Vine to all enemies.
    Also be sure to take a look at the comments below for more combos by our fellow nesters.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • Nice work! I tend toward brute force myself as it’s so effective when you win the toss, but some of these setups are fun to use and annoying to face.

Partshade
    @partshade

My guide is done! Leave a comment if this was helpful! If you want comment which one is your favorite!

Partshade
    @partshade

@jamesd Thanks! I like that one too. Its fun to just destroy the birds and leave the banner wide open :D.

@partshade well my fave setup is actually blessed set (+20% health and resistance is just so strong and more reliable than effects that are just a chance of something) then it’s Chuck and blues with their resurrection sets. Usually bomb makes up the 3. For classes Chuck is usually lightning bird, bomb sea dog, blue spies. It can be wizard berzerker rogues or some combination of that dependant on enemy setup. With this banner and bird sets you have a chance to lose the toss and still have a chance. When the daily objectives require marksmen, I usually complement with samurai and cannoneer for insane multiple hit bonuses. You can really rinse a banner with this combo :-)

King Chuck
    @kingchuck

@jamesd you syould equip Bomb with Sugar Rush Set

Bossk
    @henjovr

I’ve used the Heavy Healing combo for a long time, even when I lose the cointoss against a maxed out opponent, I rarely loose.

The only times I may lose is against a very lucky resurrection or stun streak.
    Stuff like that happens sometimes (also in my favor), that’s the only thing out of control.

I sometimes use a variant of Druid (with Sweet set), to keep damage ticking while healing the other 2 turns.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I don’t have much in the way of complete sets other than Dragon with my Paladin and Phoenix for Chuck. My overall strategy is to use Wizard, Paladin and Rogues and try to knock out the opponent’s birds one or two at a time while getting an early hit on the banner with Rogues. That way my opponent never has all three birds at one time so even if their wizard gets the chili, they don’t have other birds to back him up.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Heavy Healing is great for Venomous Team (Chuck/Rainbird, Matilda/Druid, Blue Trio/Skulker or Rogue). This can be great if your objective is limited to Matilda and Blue Trio.
    Brute Force can make you instant win if you start first with Red/Paladin with Dragon set, Chuck/Wizard with Lightning set, and Blue Trio/Spies with Crossbow or Beep set.

Partshade
    @partshade

I’m glad everyone is giving their input on what combos to use against what birds. This should help newbies.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Tank ‘n Spank
    Banner: Blessed Set, Rage Shield Emblem
    Birds: Rainbird Chuck with Reborn Set, Rogues Blues with Beep Attack Set, Druid Matilda with Sweet Set

FTFY. The banner gives 20 Vigor and 20 Vitality, making your birds extra tanky. Blues doesn’t need Save Me because for some reason enemies will only ever attack Chuck or the banner, so the extra damage will be nice. The banner receives 125% healing, while birds receive 250% healing, meaning that your birds should never die; thus, the Rage Shield emblem instead of Resurrection. Just apply degen on all enemies, then heal between turns. Make sure Chuck cleanses the banner first, then himself. Matilda should only be healing the banner, since the AoE heal is greater on the birds anyways. Use the rage chili on Chuck to spread degen, or if all 3 enemy birds are down, use the rage chili on Blues for extra damage. If your banner is taking lots of damage, give the rage chili to Matilda.

These power combos are all great but the chance you will get any of these exact sets is still small. A good team needs to have the obvious upper hand when going first. If the team doesn’t go first, it needs to have a good comeback strategy. Teams that only depend on going first will always cut it close or lose battles when they can’t go first.

The Marksmen with the Save Me set along with a Canoneer and a Samurai would be nice. If the Canoneer dies early, you can still force out a heavy amount of damage. However, this is classified as a Heavy Offense team; as with nearly all of these teams, healing is practically non-existent.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

I agree.So I think Rainbird with Reborn set instead of Cannoneer is better.Cannoneer class can’t dispel affects if meet Princess,Rogues,and a badly-injured banner.But Rainbird’s Light of Speed can replace Cannoneer’s heavy attack even if Samurai is KOed.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I have an idea:
    This combo lets you deal damage in your turn AND your enemies’ turn.

Time Mastery version 1

Banner: Any set + Time Jump

Chuck (preferably Lightning Bird) w/ Time Jump set
    Sea Dog w/ Any set
    Marksmen w/ Any set

In the first turn, bestow Ambush and Gang Up to make a double counter effect. The use Lightning Bird to get 2 attacks from your birds. If you lose the toss, unless the enemy targets the banner, you will still have a counter for the second turn. If Lightning Bird’s Time Jump activates, use Lightning Fast again for more attacks.

version 2

Same banner as above. (Thorns or Retaliate may be used instead)

Chuck (preferably Thunderbird, or Mage/Archmage) w/ Time Jump
    Cannonneer w/ any set
    Rogues w/ any set

CAVEAT: Not recommended for dispel teams.

Losing Chuck from a lost coin toss will still allow you to control your enemies by Cupcake Trap and Counter, dealing extra damage in your enemies’ turn.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@partshade For your immortal group, you could include Paladin (or another preferred class for red bird) with Protector’s Aura to get the 10% reduction of damage for all birds.

Partshade
    @partshade

Thanks for all the combos everyone! I’m going to add them to the list!

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

New idea.
    Dispel Quell/Loaded Cannon
    Banner: Mighty Set OR Frozen Set + Thorns, Retaliate, Vengeful, Dispel, or Purify.

Lightning Bird w/ Any set,
    Capt’N w/ Any set,
    Tricksters w/ Artillery Strike.

This team is full of classes that dispel. This is useful for enemies that have dangerous buffs (e.g. Marksmen) and a secondary utility is to deal giant critical hits. With Artillery Strike, all critical hits deal 300% damage ((normal damage + 50% bonus) * 2x bonus with the set), and Whip Up can increase this damage to 480%. With the Mighty Set, the chance of getting a critical hit is greatly increased, as well as overall damage (you will deal 528% damage for every critical hit + Whip Up). If you have the Frozen Set, use Lightning Bird relentlessly to get more stuns!

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Good combo.But I can use Resurrection elblem to defense my birds being knocked out,and I can always target your Blues cause Cap’n always deals damage to them when boosting their attack.Marksmen’s Volley will be dispeled isnt a problem.(I’ll use Rainbird to be the “Curse-Dispeller”.)

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Rainbird only dispels from one bird/the banner and the AI is stupid. I like it when the AI does really silly, dumb decisions (like LB using Lightning Fast on…the banner![LOL]). And Rainbird is only really dangerous if it has Living Lightning equipped. As a result, I’m not thinking about what the AI’s strategy might be. Nor how effective the combo would be for the AI.

Partshade
    @partshade

Plus I didn’t make this guide for going against the AI. I just though it would be fun to mix the birds powers together.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Well,Rainbird isnt dangerous when using him,I agree.But 80% of Birds classes can give negetive effects to a single bird(like you cant stand if Samurai stuns the banner with Titan set and Nightmate,that deals around 2000 damage,equals 1/5 health of the banner).I believe these small differences can change the situation of whats going on in the arena.
    Besides, Partshade and I just give advices of what kind of bird we can bring in our team.

mich
    @m-ich

My favorite arena combo is based on the increased critical damage on the Blues’ Artillery Strike set, combined with banner items and skills that increase damage and critical hit chance, and some tweaks to make sure the Blues survive a lost coin toss. It works ok with Skulkers, and you get the highest possible individual damage with Tricksters (well above 7000 with 45/10), but due to the additional splash damage, my favorite Blues class for this combo are the Spies.

Spies w/ Artillery Set
    Cap’n w/ Sugar Rush (or Scissors, but I prefer Sugar Rush)
    Thunderbird (or Wizard, or Lighnting Bird) w/ Reborn (usually survives first round if you lose the coin toss)

Banner: Mighty or Sinister w/ emblem of your choice (I like Resurrection)

First round: Cap’n buffs Spies. If you have the golden Chili, use it on Chuck. If you don’t, Thunderbird attacks the banner (in order to further increase the Blues’ damage), Lightning Bird makes Spies attack, Wizard attacks after Spies (try to take out remaining birds with him). Spies attack the Banner, or if a strong opponent bird with a lot of health remains (this will mostly be the case if you don’t have the golden Chili), that bird.
    If Spies buffed by Cap’n land a critical hit on an opponent debuffed by Thunderbird, expect huge damage. Mine (maxed out) do more than 5700 points, with a normal attack. Due to the Banner’s (and the Ballista’s) increased critical hit chance, this will happen quite often.
    Once the Blues are buffed, remaining opponents will target them more often, so take them out early or do as much damage to the banner as you can before the Blues get knocked out.

This combo is ideal for grinding, because it deals huge amounts of damage, shortening the battles immensely. Simply put, you collect more arena points because you can do more battles in the same time. With good equipment, 3 stars are pretty frequent, and quite often you end up with what I like to call a prefect arena win (3 opponent birds knocked out, own banner at full health, 51,000 points) in 2 or 3 rounds. Due to Resurrection and Sugar Rush, you can also turn around battles that start out bad.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

This is the combo I use the most:
    Banner: Sinister or Flame set with Retaliate
    Stone Guard with Dragon set or Cannoneer with Sugar Rush set
    Wizard with Phoenix set
    Marksmen with Beep set

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Here’s my favorite combo, I dub it the Wrecking Ball

Banner: Flame Set with Retribution
    Paladin with Dragon set
    Wizard with Living Thunder Set/Phoenix Set
    Spies with Beep Beep Set

(Helps to have Golden Chili)

If you go first, use Chili on Chuck and congrats, you probably just won as after the dust settles and Red/Blues attack after the chili, the other team is probably wiped. If you have the Flame Set your chili bar will be filled up the turn right before the other team revives (sometimes after Red/Blues attack that round). Use it again on Chuck and that should finish off the enemy Banner.

If you go second there’s a high chance that Chuck will be knocked out (Yes, even with Phoenix set, but at least this protects your other birds). Focus on weakening them as much as possible and don’t use your chili until he’s revived, even if when he revives he’ll be the only one up. If the enemy team is weakened enough when you use the chili it should finish them off and you can proceed to lay into the enemy banner.

Weaknesses: Chili Shield can make this a tad tougher, especially if the enemy team is running Frozen/Blessed set as that negates a good amount of damage. Chili Block can also slow things down as you won’t be able to use the second chili, but if the fight drags on use it on Chuck when he revives.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I just lost to an approximately equally matched team (Arena rating, and my lousy judgement before the battle). The overpowering strength of this team was Berserker combined with a vampiric emblem (it was on a blessed set). Berserker buffed the banner just about every chance he got, so basically the banner never lost health.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Some Fun Bird Teams To Try In The Arena (Updated 2/14/2019)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.