The Ornate (Hat) Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Ornate (Hat) Adventure

• We all know the drill.  This one has basically worthless rewards and doesn’t even have the adventure store to buy a hat or two.

Runs for 9 days and the rewards are

Round 1: Tower of Misfortune Ticket

Round 3: Tower of Misfortune Ticket

Round 5: Tower of Misfortune Express Ticket

Round 7: Tower of Misfortune Express Ticket

Round 9: 1500 Minute Feather Frenzy

So far I got nothing.  Haven’t made it to the 5th floor in the TOF in almost two weeks.  Every single day is a pig on floor 2 or 3, and usually on both, assuming I paid to continue meaning I got gems on floor 1. I assume sooner or later the game will give up a good run or two, but I’ll probably like a month or so ago where I made it all the way to floor 60, and missed every single adventure hat being offered.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Used one of my golden tickets in the hope of getting at least 1 hat. Ended up wasting that, 300 gems and my own time for useless crap. Free entry gave me reds hat and other useless crap. Haven’t played adventure yet, but chances are that I’ll try to get to level 7 before quitting. The FF is virtually useless in these adventures, so won’t even try to finish it

APN
    @apn19

managed to luck out at get the first 3 on the first day with only 3 pigs i think. beat levels 1-5. then used express ticket before free run so the watch video for free was present got bombs but not level 40th one sadly

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

Link your account with Facebook and save your game before you use a golden ticket. If you get crappy results in the TOF – close the game and delete it. Reinstall and reconnect with FB – it will be restored to your save point. I don’t care if this is considered “cheating” because this game is full of bullish!t and I will do whatever is in my power to counteract Rovios bullish!t. Fcuk Rovio.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Well, still can’t get past the pig on floor 2. Totally forgot I had a few regular TOF tickets so tired all of those. Free entry plus all of the tickets, pig on floor 2.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

As of writing this I have zero hats. Yesterday I got a pig on floor 2 and quit, didn’t even bother with the video. Today, what do you know, a pig on floor 2, again. Decided to use a free ticket and that resulted in a pig on floor 3 instead, and I didn’t bother with the video in either of those. It’s funny when it says “the piggy stole your loot” and your “loot” consists of 1 apple or 100 feathers…a complete joke.

I really wish they did the token shop thing for all new hat sets and just have some of the hats in the ToF as opposed to all of them. At least then we can collect tokens from playing and can then pickup up a couple of hats using those. Having to rely on the idiotic rigged ToF to be nice and let us get past floor 5 is not fun and never will be.

Then when the event is over you have the joy of knowing that you have another incomplete hat set that will take 70,000 black pearls to complete, or maybe 50,000 if the ToF lets you get the first 2 hats, which for me is what usually ends up being the case.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today I was able to get the first 3 hats and reach floor 24 with 3 continues. Video to get floor 25 and then left on floor 26. I did get 60 gems so some of my costs were covered. As with all other events, I probably won’t be getting any more hats from the ToF as the remaining ones are hidden away in the deeper parts and I won’t be tricked into dumping gems into it to get far. I sadly have no express tickets left and even those I only use when there’s a x2 black pearl event active.

dtmt
    @dtmt

You can get one express ticket with your three birds. Level 6 is reachable with those three.

I don’t get your math with the express ticket. I know it’s a bit of a gamble but at least for me the game lets me get to level 30 quite easily with express ticket (and with gems to level 40). Naturally the game does not always let you have the hat but in my experience with 170 gems spent you get at least one most of the time. That one hat is worth 10000 black pearls. Now even with x2 black pearl event you do not get close to that amount of pearls even if you reach really high levels.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

And again, apple, pig, quit.

I guess for whatever reason, this will be another hat set where I will get zero hats. Third one like that.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My free run got me a pig on floor 3. Quit out and used a free ticket which got me a much better run: pigs on 12, 17, 19, 24, 29, 39 and 49 and finally 52 where I felt I’d call it quits before the continues got any more stupidly expensive. Video to floor 53 and left. Got Silver’s hat which is ok, as it’s worth 10k black pearls.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Gems, pig, paid gems, apple, pig, video, quit.

Sky Cru
    @tokenofneh

The third hat is not going to happen for me, so I’m done with Ornate Adventure.  It wouldn’t be as frustrating if, like Twisted Lemon said, they had a shop where we could acquire hats outside of TOF.  It’s really an exercise in futility.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Pig on floor 8 then 29 somehow, naturally continued, pig again on 39, paid, then on 54, paid, then the double pigs on 58 (paid) and 59 where I used the video to get to 60:

And for the 2nd time ever I managed to pick the egg card:

The egg contained feather (I think anyway) as I got 10,000 feathers for 4 birds and then I got the Chuck fancy hat which I didn’t have. Also left with 1810 gems which more than repaid the gems spent.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Apple, pig, video, pig, quit.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Ornate (Hat) Adventure

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.