"Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@dawni-criswell

I don’t have FB at all, and have no intention of getting FB.

Aren’t players using FB for backups experiencing this problem as well? If not, and it’s only a problem for folks using Game Center, then that’s actually an important thing to let Rovio know about to help them nail down what’s going wrong. And it might just be worth signing up for a FB account just to get this fixed.

Can anyone else confirm (or de-confirm)?

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@optimuspig I’m on an iOS device, not connected to ABT via Facebook, only through Game Center. So far, I have not experienced the “reset” bug (fingers crossed), but I’m only running nodes with TFs upgraded to level 11 (ergo, not playing much). Could the bug be related to completing missions, then playing a node? Or wifi connection? Or the ads?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

“Could the bug be related to completing missions, then playing a node? Or wifi connection? Or the ads?”

Too many variables to track unfortunately.

Although I’m 100% convinced that completing and claiming missions has something to do with it, as every time this has happened to me it’s always been within a maximum of 30 minutes of claiming my rewards, and in more than a few occasions within just a few minutes.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@optimuspig I can theorize this: I collect the coins from the nodes, I complete the missions, I hard-exit the game. I have so few opportunities to play as most of my TFs are level 10 (ergo, insta-death), so I just exit and hard close the game. Maybe experiment with completing a mission/hard exit repeat? You may have already tried that, tho?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Actually, I haven’t tried that. After I finish claiming I usually play a few nodes, and then start a new set of missions. On more than one occasion the updating bug happened while I was in the middle of setting up a new mission.

I’ve give your hard-reset idea a try, thanks!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@optimuspig – I have a temporary solution. Everytime the ‘Need to Update your Progress’ button pops up, don’t click it, just force close the app. I’ve been doing this for the past day or so, seems to keep my current position with no adverse effects. I have had to do this quite often, sometimes repeatedly, but it does seem to work.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader your hard-close suggestion didn’t work for me. After every completed mission that I claimed and after every new mission that I started, I did a hard-close, but I still ended up with an update progress that wiped out several hours worth of progress. Thanks anyway.

@cerpin
    that definitely sounds like a possibility. Will give it a shot the next time this pops up. Thanks.

Josm
    @josm

Yeah happened to me too. I lost 200k of coins :(

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I know it’s probably too soon to say for sure, but one-and-a-half days after installing the ABT v1.5.19 update for i0S I haven’t had this updating progress bug show up again.

*Fingers Crossed*

Just throwing it out there, but I’m wondering now if this bug was only affecting the iOS players who suffered the crash-on-startup bug after installing v1.5.15 and then used the unofficial “uninstall-reinstall-resynchronize” method to get up and running again?

Or is it also affecting players on Android?

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I’m still getting the bug, albeit a lot less frequently. The up-date doesn’t seem to have done anything for me…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@cerpin

Just happened to me again just now – I guess this update didn’t do anything for it at all, I just goot lucky for a couple of days.

But I did try your suggestion of a hard close of the app as soon as the Update Progress popup showed up, and it worked! Thanks again. Take that, Rovio!

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Just had this happen when alternating between my tablet and my phone, which I’m doing because my tablet hasn’t been upgraded to Lollipop, so I can actually complete levels and summon allies without the game freezing. Lost about a days worth of progress and about 80000 coins.

Any chance I can get them back?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@marioandsonic

If you ever figure out how to get those back I’m sure the rest of the forum would love to know as well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@cerpin

So your suggestion of performing a forced close of the app every time that it tried to “update progress” worked for me a couple of times, but when I tried it today the update progress message would keep coming up every time I restarted the app after doing a forced close.

In the end I just had to give in to the inevitable and let it do its thing.

Any suggestions on how to work around that?

Thanks.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

“Updating Progress” bug has bugs. Sent Optimus Prime on a 24 hour medium-level mission. The next morning he’s on a red dome node indicating he’s on a mission with approximately 12hrs left. I debrief the 12hr easy-level mission that I had launched simultaneously and the “Updating Progress” screen appears. I hard close the app. When I re-launch I’ve lost 100,000 coins, 10 jewels and Optimus Prime is now on a second node. Both Optimus Prime nodes and the corresponding mission have recalculated to coincide with the expiration time for the red dome (adding 12 hours to the mission). I have screen shots but I don’t know how to add them.😳

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

Easiest way to post your screens is probably to upload them to your album and post the appropriate links to the screens to this thread.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pampeans/album/

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Interestingly, the Optimus Prime dome is now gold and will expire a few minutes before the mission will. After the update, the red dome coin yield does’nt seem to justify the 10 jewel cost. This is my first gold dome after the update.

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pampeans/album/picture/14838/

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/pampeans/album/picture/14839/

I’m not sure how to say this when referring to code, but I’m starting to get fed up with the seeming lack of integrity in the gameplay.

taco
    @geary

I’m reaching a point, that can’t update any charter passed level 9 or 10 with out buying Gems. Any suggestions?
    image.jpg

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@geary

You shouldn’t need gems at all.

Aren’t you doing missions to collect the special materials?

FYI, this is probably the wrong thread to be discussing this.

taco
    @geary

Ok direct me to the right thread , and I have done several missions just don’t know how to use the materials I’ve gained.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The “Mission Portals” mega-thread is probably a good place to start:

Mission Portals

Main takeaways:

There are seven types of special materials, three for each faction and one (“Super Rareium”) which both factions need for any upgrade beyond L10.t

The amount of special materials you need to upgrade is shown below the coins cost for each TF.

Do missions to collect special materials. Keep doing missions over and over so you don’t run out and end up having to spend gems.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@geary

How the heck do you have over 10 millions coins?!

taco
    @geary

I bought a angry bird transformer saving bonds, back when the game came out. Lol

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@optimuspig – the only thing I can think of is to be stubbornly persistent – every time you get the Updating Progress message, keep hard closing. You may find you have to do this 5 or 6 times before the app finally relents and lets you keep playing.

I am convinced the problem is two-fold – firstly, every time I complete a mission the bug happens repeatedly, and secondly, when I move from one internet connection to another, ie home to work wi-fi. At least it doesn’t affect the time remaining on current character up-grades.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.