So this is the end…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum So this is the end…

• Hi everybody.

I have the last couple of weeks taken a hard look at my daily gaming routines and have concluded that Angry Birds Epic is not the game for me anymore. I started playing day one when Epic became available for everyone and has since then played almost on a daily basis. However the lack of real new content and the nerfs that are implemented more and more in the game have made it become less enjoyable but instead a chore to play. The only thing that really kept me playing was the community here in the Nest, the game itself just became a daily round of gathering Mastery from the Dojo and doing the Arena objectives. I see no signs of this ever changing. Sure there are a few Chronicle Caves thrown into the mix every now and then but even they are not enough to make it anything else than a grind fest for me. I could just not justify the time spent playing the game for myself any more.

I did not want to quit and just leave everything behind without a defined ending point that I would feel comfortable with and the point was the end of the recent concluded Arena Season. That means that yesterday was the very last day of me playing Angry Birds Epic. I have removed the game from my devices and has no intent on re-installing it.

I want to thank @angryde @bubbley @dallasreds @datguygamer @pointless @shapokomanbeast @smwforever45 @toolow @susyq and everybody else here in the nest the I might have forgotten for making it a great community to be a part of.

And with that I say Good Bye. I will answer any questions you might have here in this thread.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Wait, another one? God, these threads have already become very deserted. And now another one of the valuable community members is leaving. It’s a sad day really.

To be fair, I made my account really late into this game’s lifespan and so was not able to interact with most old users. But the ones I did get to interact with gave me a pretty warm welcome. It’s really sad. Someday I will quit as well. Hopefully you decide to reinstall it someday again and hopefully you still have at least some other Angry Birds game installed. That way we will see you around (hopefully).

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Sad to see you leave @angryjohnny

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny very sad to hear this but I do understand. The past couple of months grinding for mastery almost put paid to my participation. I think that because I didn’t play season 9 I am interested to see how all the new stuff works so I will continue for the moment.

Good luck. You will be missed.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryjohnny

You will be missed very much by everyone and will be sad you are going? Thank you so much for all the help you have given me, it was very much appreciated and helped me enormously.

DD
    @toolow

@angryjohnny
    Although hardly surprising, it’s still a sad day to learn another fine member quitting the game. Everyone here will miss you, and we’re all indebted to your help and support. Perhaps some day, we might all come back and enjoy the occasional gaming together. Take care, and best of wishes.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryjohnny
    You will remain an anchor in this game. Thanks for the help you have always given me quickly. Thanks for help you have given to so many. You will be missed and appreciated. I understand how you feel about “the state of the game” and hope you find something to fill the void if you need to. Thanks again from everyone you have helped. Best wishes.

angryde
    @angryde

@angryjohnny Sigh, it’s with a heavy heart that I bit you adieu. You’ve been such a vital member of this community for so long… I fear it’ll be exceedingly difficult to adjust to your absence. However, and with that said, who could — or would!?! — argue with your rationale..!?! Epic has been spiraling the drain for a long, long time… and I strongly suspect that these sorts of “white flag/press eject/Quick, slag the hard drive!” posts will become increasingly frequent. As John Green so eloquently penned: ““It is so hard to leave — until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” So, eminently sensible of you. Take care and all the very best to you and yours.

Stevencore
    @stevencore

@angryjohnny thanks a lot for your precious hints and for all the contributions you gave to this forum. I’ve rarely seen a so polite community and you were a strong asset to it. Wish you all the best!

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Rovio should at LEAST add more to the campaign mode after people beat the game, like venturing onto Golden Island or Bird Island or something

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It’s a pity to see you go. You were part of the people that explained the game to me and made me part of this community. I will certainly miss you.

I definitely understand your point. That’s the thing about many casual/F2P games, though. No real new content and nerfs to the existing things in the game. That’s why I prefer playing real video games…

Atom
    @atom

@angryjohnny Sorry to see you go. I have also reduced the amount that I play the game. I quit arena after this season and will only gain mastery and play the events. I do enjoy the collecting aspect of the game too. I just can’t justify putting the time into arena anymore.

Pointless
    @pointless

@angryjohnny heartfelt thank you for all you have done, for this Community and for the betterment of the game. You were there for me when I first joined this Forum, with a welcoming hand. I know you have done so for many others as well. Always first with the news, eager to lend a hand and delve into the many changes Epic has brought about. I understand where you are at, but all the same, many thanks to you and your perseverance. We have a huge void to fill with your departure.

All my sincere best for the future.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum So this is the end…

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.