Seasons just got easier!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons just got easier!

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 507 total)
  • Replies
  • trishohara
    @trishohara

Do you know when the ‘scores back to 0’ happened? Was this with the latest update? Or earlier? What if I now spend a lot of time getting the scores back (a lot in Piglantis, Year of the Dragon, Easter Egg, and I guess everywhere else where I have not yet checked), even improve them, but then with the next update they are gone again?

jlz-666
    @jlz-666

Oooooh I’m not 100% sure @trishohara. It definitely wasn’t the latest update,actually I think it was at the end of last year. Somebody may correct me? To be honest,every update seems to bring some sort of problem. I always back up before downloading the latest update. As long as you do that frequently you should be ok. If it does happen again then at least you have piece of mind that all your scores are there.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@jlz-666 it looks like we are partner in crime. Loosing my scores did already happen ofter for me. Since I entered them all on the Leaderboards it is ok for me.
    I discussed this with the admins, with Rovio and didn’t get an answer that could give me my scores back. Feathers and stars are strill present.
    We also know that you’re an honest player. It is annoying, but not thr end of the world.

trishohara
    @trishohara

@bernersenn so you suggest, just being happy that the scores are entered into the leaderboards, and do not checking if the scores are still available in the levels?
    Ok :-)

@jlz-666
    yes, I backup frequently. Even more since I lost a lot of progress in Angry Birds Pop earlier this year.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara I didn’t say that it makes me happy. Neither should it make you happy. But, as we cannot change this behaviour, almost disaster, we do have to live with it. What is the alternative, replaying all your games again?

trishohara
    @trishohara

@bernersenn ‘happy’ was a wrong word.
    If we would know that Rovio would make a fix, one could downgrade to a version where the points were still there (pre-cloud?) and wait. But we don’t know that, and actually I guess they don’t care enough. (I didn’t even get a reply from support)

Replaying would take ages. And then you can’t be sure if all the scores are still possible because of glitches or whatever.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara it is more complicated. Even if you could restore an older version, would you like it when some of your newer (better) scores got overwritten?

I don’t think that Rovio doesn’t mind. I did got a reply on my answer those days. I think it is almost 1 year ago when I detected it.

It is a complex issue they (and we) have. As said, players have older and newer scores. Replacing the file with your personal highscores is therefore tricky. And that is exactly what happens when you restore your backup.

And it is also true what you said, replaying is always taking place in changed games.

This said, it was also the reason for my big panic when my album didn’t function anymore. All my highscores (most of them are bettered by other players) are documented that way

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara see. Todays Challenge, year of the dragon, my score is 0.

trishohara
    @trishohara

same here @bernersenn. Well, then let’s play today’s challenge. Maybe we can even improve our non existant scores…

trishohara
    @trishohara

btw, I am not talking about restoring, @bernersenn. I am talking about downgrading. There is a manual somewhere around the forums here, which is a few years old, for people who wanted to use the Santa Hat glitch.
    But that was complicated and you needed apps from an illegal source in Cydia.

But since a few months, an app is available which is called App Admin.
    (Cydia legal source/Big Boss)
    With that you can downgrade about every app in the App Store, to any still available known version.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara understand what you mean by downgrading. You even do this for IOS/Android?

trishohara
    @trishohara

It’s an app for a jailbroken iPhone/iPad. I think it works with iOS7 til iOS9 @bernersenn

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara ok, understand. My Ipad devices aren’t jailbroken. Not familiar enough to do this.

trishohara
    @trishohara

@bernersenn I understand that. I use jailbreaks since a few years. Mainly for being able to record videos from games or getting little tweaks for mail and photo.
    Since iOS7, also for the design. I hate the flat design.
    App Admin is a nice addition, it’s good to have the chance to go back to a version of an app which isn’t the newest. Facebook for example.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara I can see the advantages. Specially the recording of videos. I am able to, by using airdrop. But then again I don’t have decent video editing tools, so I have to record the video one by one. By starting the recording on the pc, the contact with the Ipad is shortly broken. Returning to fling the bird hasn’t that effect as when you are playing regularly. Therefore almost no videos from me.

Grits
    @grits1

Are there walkthroughs for The Pig Challenge? THe one for this week of August 1, 2016?

jlz-666
    @jlz-666

Well good luck to the pair of you @trishohara @bernersenn. That’s a tough one which I have no desire to attempt again;) I spent most of the early winter redoing all my zero scores in that episode. Some I improved,some are still below my original posts. That one I did manage to improve but that stupid rinse/repeat,bloated body gave me nightmares lol!

@grits1
    I’m really not sure about the Pig challenge. I don’t play it and I don’t think any of the regulars in here do. Is it only this weeks that’s missing? Was there older walkthroughs? Sorry I can’t be of more help to you.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@jlz-666 thanks for the encouragement. And I am not able to get my 133k back on the screen. NOT. It is tuesday, isn’t it. Whinieeeeeee

trishohara
    @trishohara

thanks @jlz-666 I got my 133k back at second try – @bernersenn keep trying! It’s possible with 2 birds too! – but then played hours and never could improve it.

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@trishohara ok, those hours I already played this game. So, two games from now … Lol

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

Ok, got 134k with 2 birds. This episode is bad, really bad. Or… My skills have disappeared

trishohara
    @trishohara

SG 1-7 was once a Santa Hat Glitch level

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@trishohara yes I know, it got harder when the glitch disappeared, but has got easier since. Not as easy as with glitch, obviously!

Have added EE 1-1 and confirmed EE 2-3 both much easier

jlz-666
    @jlz-666

Thank you for the EE heads up @hunnybunny. I already had a good score on level 1 from way back when which is just as well because ironically I can’t get near the score now. Level 2-3’s first throw was as hard as ever but the fall out has definitely improved……as did my score. Cheers :)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons just got easier!

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 507 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.