Rowdy Rumble Tournament

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rowdy Rumble Tournament

• New Rowdy Rumble Tournament! What is this stupid tournament?  The one who pays gems, wins.  The others who don’t want to pay are out.  Rovio’s gem vac, haha!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • garethw
    @garethw

In line with the stupidly hard DC and Arena recently my opponent had posted a score almost twice as much as I got with my first and only go.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Same here. Opponent had FP over 100 points higher than me, and even after playing a perfect round, I was still outnumbered nearly 2-1.

Just another way for Rovio to give the pay-for-play people more stuff.

grammyK
    @grammyk

My experience was totally different. All 16 players had FP within 3 points of mine, more than fair. I had trouble with a couple rooms and lost in the first round by a score that was totally plausible. I enjoyed having a different type of challenge added to the game. I did not notice how I could have improved my score with money.

Apprentice
    @apprentice

In my first round, the final score was 54M vs 89M in the opponent’s favor. Didn’t start to spend gems because the difference was so big…

guava564
    @guava564

Yeah it’s just another cash cow for Rovio and basically whoever is prepared to stump up enough gems wins. It should’ve been called “Gem Warfare” 😄

Buster
    @doulgas

@guava564, yes. Or “Gem vs Gem.”

@grammyk
    , after my cards were exhausted, including the video freebie, I was given the option to buy more cards with 60 gems.  Since I was playing blind, with no idea how high my opponent was willing to go, plus the fact that would take a couple of hours to find out, that didn’t seem like a smart move.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I like the idea of an elimination-based tournament, but the option for spending gems on extra birds shouldn’t be there. It’s just going to give those players who have a surplus of gems an unfair advantage. Battling for the best score will just turn into trying to one-up each other with spending gems for extra birds which will end up being expensive. So far for my 2 wins I’ve got 1k feathers and then 4k feathers, which isn’t worth gems at all.

The free video is fine since it’s, well, free, but also because it let’s you add a little more to your final score which could make the difference. But some players like myself and probably others here are not going to want to just fork over gems on a whim to get a better score than your opponent, and hope that they don’t do the same which will force you to either lose or spend even more gems to get back ahead.

guava564
    @guava564

Yeah the core idea is good but what is the point of spending loads of gems when your opponent can just spend even more gems. It’d be so easy to spend stacks of gems and still not progress if your opponent spends stacks of gems plus a bit more. The rewards aren’t worth it either so this is going to turn out to be a pretty pointless addition for me.

Majster
    @majster

Hahaha I came to finals, have 829 power and opponent 1213. He made 134 million, I did 51. Guess now I would need to spend some 2000 crystals to overtake him and the reward is 7500 feathers. No need for math 😀.

Put equal players together then maybe some will play this, otherwise worthless event.

Majster
    @majster

played my second account now, made 50 mill and no score Hahahahahhaha,  wants 200 xtals again just to put me on.

I think I ll look for another game that doesn’t cheat. Optimist, like any of those exist 😆

Nik
    @nik-handson

Agree with everyone else… just a waste of time and gems. Annoying that Rovio had the opportunity to have a somewhat skill-based way of pitting opponents against each other, but ruined it with the ability to buy more birds. Pay to play cheats win again.

Lil Bug
    @angieblu

An entry gets you Feathers, even if you don’t play, so that’s cool. I think everyone should just refuse to pay gems and take it at face value. Gem hacks don’t make Rovio any money, so if paying customers stop spending maybe they will make an adjustment. I really liked the suggestion @oliverfrancis made about having three chances each round, that’s it. If they want gems make it a small entry fee into the tournament, like 20-60 gems. Of course, the matchups would be wild if this were the set up so who knows what the fix would look like.

Photokool
    @photokool

I had a close score in the last round, but the video button would not play. Kept pressing, but no response. Guess what? The pay gems button worked though. Even with playing the extra birds, the score miraculously was still just short of winning. On second continue, no video button was available, even though I was not able to use it before. I won’t pay to continue again.

Buster
    @doulgas

Just received a new message from Rovio that the next Rowdy Rumble will remove the option to buy more cards.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Same, I hope that either Rovio figured that was a bad idea, or they have staff reading the AB2 forums, in which case, thanks guys for listening!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The timer between attempts is now up to 3 hours for me.

This time the opponent has exactly the same flock power as I do.

That said, the round I had to play was a lava round which often requires 100% luck that the rock shooter will take out their target. I suspect I won’t win in the end.

garethw
    @garethw

Again no interest for me – the posted score was 60% above what I scored for an almost perfect round.

Its faked obviously but the algorithm is way off (for me).

Boss jerk
    @jerkpigbone

Finally got the ME and best my opponent

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Well my 2nd opponent scored 72m and even after a near-perfect turn I could only get to 51m. My flock power is 734  and his was 891…so thanks for the fair match-up there.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

I won the first tournament, but I admit I had to use up a lot of gems

Just played the first round of the second tournament. My score is like 4 times more than my opponents, I don’t get it. He has exactly the same flock power, I can only assume he gave up after the second room (I matched his score after the second room). Even my cat could beat my opponent

guava564
    @guava564

Well I did wonder how they were going to make money on the rumble when they removed the ability to buy more birds. Now we have the answer – by putting you up against people you have no chance of beating and hope you will pay for extra goes at it. I won’t be as there’s little point and little reward.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

No, I think what people are doing is taking the hats off their birds, they are then matched with people with the same FP, and then they add their +10 and +25 hats, increasing their FP by another 150 or so. This is a very easy way to cheat and I am surprised Rovio didn’t think of a way around it, like adjusting people scores after playing, according to the FP. My opponent so far had exactly the same FP as me, but a couple of days ago in the first tournament I saw what I have mentioned above happening.

guava564
    @guava564

1 of the guys in my tournament has 800 more fp than me so it’s not the hats

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

Total disgrace! The new update sucks!

guava564
    @guava564

Well so far in my tournament the highest fp has won every battle and given some of the differences in fp are vast (in the hundreds for some of them) this is a completely pointless activity. So, my advice is play the game when you have a higher fp and otherwise just don’t bother. Well that’s how I’m going to play it from now anyway. Completely stupid new feature

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rowdy Rumble Tournament

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.