Rovio really are having a laugh

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio really are having a laugh

• Some observations:

It is much much harder to win in the Arena these days – most opponents are at least level or better FP. can’t remember the last time I had a better FP of more than 2 than an opponent, yet opponents are often 30+ better

Very few gems given away – can’t remember the last time I saw a 200 gem chest.

The half hour chests are very miserly these days – not giving much away. Hardly ever 10 gems.

The daily challenge seems much harder these days.

Daily quests seems to have a clan event these days – where it costs 20 gems to play a game yet the reward is an incredibly pitiful 20 feathers. Tell me the point of that?

The “hard levels” and “boss levels” on my update yesterday are extremely hard. I can cope with that as it’s a challenge but sometimes you can just see the Rovio guys making something impossible without spending gems.

BUT, to cap it all…………

When you used to pass a hard level or boss level on the maps there was a chest which generally gave anything between 400-600 feathers. I had two chests on the latest update which gave 40, (yes 40 !!) feathers.

Rovio really don’t want people to play this game anymore.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • SquawkTron
    @jordan-burns

I agree. Plus, the level designs in every level are always the same. There’s nothing new or unique about them, and the boss battles are a pain in the butt sometimes. They also need to improve their chest rewards, too because they’re just a joke right now.

CappyP5240
    @cappyp5240

Here is what I received from Rovio when I complained about the uneven matches in the Arena.Their answer:

“The matchmaking formula in the Arena has been recently tweaked. Especially players with really high win ratios might be matched against the players with higher Flock Power to provide the challenging experience. Please note that a small Flock Power difference (around 10% or smaller) is not that relevant and to make the game a little bit more challenging the Flock Power difference has to exceed this threshold. We have received some complaints regarding this change already and we always pass players’ concerns to the developers. While we cannot promise the change will be reversed, we want to assure you that we hear your feedback.

Remember the variety of needs for individual players. New players appreciate feathers and pearls much more than the veteran player who already has a strong team with high multiplier equipment. We try to balance some of the rewards from the challenges, but there is always a chance we won’t be able to satisfy everyone.”

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I call bullsh!t.
    I recently started a completely new account on Android, no connection to my other apple/iOs devices. So, thanks to the feats, I can safely say how many matches I won and how many streaks I have completed (22 wins in the arena, 3 streaks). From the beginning on I faced much higher opponents in every match beginning at 5. match of a streak. In case they are actually talking about the streak itself, it’s just a bold lie. If they are in fact talking about a streak, I would actually call the match up unfair, because some of those games cannot be won.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

This is literal torture to people to have taken time and even spent real money on this game. Especially banning these people. These !d!ots are making us…

1. Lose every Arena match we play.

2. Spend money just for 2,000 feathers.

3. Spend money for 20 days straight, just for 2,000 feathers.

4. Spend money, just to get banned.

5. Forcing people to do all of the above. Even a famous YouTube channel has said Rovio is VERY greedy.

If this keeps happening I’ll quit this game. Maybe play Minecraft instead. This is Rovio’s total destruction of their company. Rovio even uses clickbait to make games less exciting than they seem. After Angry Birds 2 is gone, the only Rovio game to play would be Bad Piggies, like Ravio is one.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The matchmaking formula in the Arena has been recently tweaked. Especially players with really high win ratios might be matched against the players with higher Flock Power to provide the challenging experience.

Complete garbage. Friend of mine recently installed it on his new Pixel 2 (his old phone could not support AB2) and we saw the same thing when he reached 4 or 5 in the arena.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

“The matchmaking formula in the Arena has been recently tweaked”

Tweaked? Hahahahaha. When you go from fair match ups to an opponent with 40+ FP and five spells that’s more than a tweak.

When structures don’t fall, when pigs won’t pop, when ducks and inflators have little effect, that’s more than a tweak.

When you start losing games on streak 1 and 2, that’s more than a tweak.

It’s a major overhaul.

cognitive
    @cognitive

When you’re at flock strength 370 and without spells lose 10 or 15 in a row at streak 1, I’m having a hard time buying Rovio’s argument.

Generally speaking 20 FS more is not a problem but 30-50 FS more plus extra spells plus miracle points brigade 5-10M last birds, well those are problems.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Ok, that’s a f**kin’ absurd. Rovio what are you trying to do? Why the hell my common chest has time limit over 2,5 hours to next open? I’m not able to upload screenshot now, but i will do it tommorow to prove your shi*ty tricks. Did I opened that silly chest too many times or what? Chapeau bas.

Are you messing with that game again? I’m asking, because I found rare chest at some rooms at quite every boss level and hard level (copacabon map) yesterday. I’ve got about 7 red chests tottaly. That’s never happened to me and I’ve found maybe one or two that kind of chest in my whole adventure with AB2.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Sounds like a glitch that happened with the chests, I wouldn’t be upset with them over it, I’m sure it’ll be fixed as soon as it can. And yes I’ve heard the rare chests are a little less rare, haven’t seen any myself though.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

I’m affraid it’s not a glitch.

After that time i got another chest with time left to next:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/206749/gh147cknj6gmmghqcb2atkifnywqhh8o.png

I don’t care about this, but that’s really weird change. If only prizes would be better…

wicket182
    @wicket182

Mine is better. Ha ha

I have to wait 24 hours for a crappy prize

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

That is so stupid… I can’t imagine why they did this.

The only explanation is that Rovio systematically tries to alienate his fans. Very sad.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That’s bullshit. Waiting one day for the great reward of 25 feathers..

Piggsy
    @piggsy

And they made another step to force me to uninstall that crappy game today.  I played Daily Challenge succesfully, moreover I got free red chest at first room that gave me 40 pearls, so mine BPs stat goes from 66 to 106. But standard 30 BPs as DC prize didn’t count. Why Rovio? I even don’t complain about slowed down frames during DC, what makes unplayable that mode from last update.  I can sling one bird and go make a coffe until i could sling another one.

@jo-ha

It is not sad. It’s pathetic that they cannot focus on real problems.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Sorry, I was trying to sugarcoat it, but at this state it’s a waste of time and empathy.

There are several reasons why I might quit sooner or later as well – I can deal with many problems as long as I have fun, but the recent changes to the DC/KPP are just annoying…

MartyF
    @martyf

changing the arena enemies up to even + 100 higher FP. increasing the change to lose and spend gems to save the day. (but we call it making it more competive)

but obviously it was not going fast enough and people don’t spend enough gems soooo

Changing the number of free chests and to do so giving us less spells. increasing the chance to run out of spells and spend more gems in arena. (but we call it tweek the game, but you can get more free chests by watching ads now)

wake up rovio, listen to your players and stop acting like greedy butholes. and stop reacting like you all do it to make the game more interesting and more fun, like we are stupid enough to believe those dumbass lies

MartyF
    @martyf

btw if you really want to make the arena more competive.

then you make it the same way as the clan vs clan battles.

no spells, no free bird to improve the score. no gem option for 3 extra birds. and max flock power difference of +20. then the arena is as fair as it possibly can be.

Pomme
    @pomme

I agree. They are greedy beyond tolerance. I have played since the original game. Rio is my favorite. But I made the decision to give up the Arena. It’s a waste of time and money. Most likely give it all up. No more spending money on a game where no matter what you do, the birds you have will not reach that indestructible tiny pig. And if you buy more birds, they are the same ones you had with no sign of Chuck. No more having to use the entire group of spells to beat someone that outranks you by more than even remotely fair or doable. It is no longer fun. They have sucked all enjoyment out of it. I’m sure they don’t care.  They’ll get more people that can afford to piss away their money on a shit game, that used to be the best. I’m done. When I’m down to my last few gems, I’m deleting it. I play on two iPads. And in the tower, if I get the pig on the 2nd or 3rd card on one, it’s a guarantee I’ll get it on the second one.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@jeremyharrod

Arena – 1000% agree with you.   The arena is deplorable these days.  I’m having a hard time getting past through streak 3 and 7 and I bring 3-5 spells.   Well  it might be the case with you, but I’m getting opponents 90 FP BELOW and they’re creaming me BADLY.  Also 5 spell clowns are back, and they seem to be carrying 3-6 more  cards than usual.

Gems – agree with you on that.  The gems in the rare and legendary chest are completely gone.  I see 10 gems in common chests maybe 5% of the time.

Yup the daily challenge  are much harder these days and so did the king pig panic. They keep changing it constantly.  It’s the second time this month I’m trying to map it so I can share on here.  It used to be predictable and KPP’s 3 bosses where from the same chapter and followed chronologically…Now every round on DC and KPP are completely different.  Today KPPs was Porkyo 1300, Hamalyas 586 and GotHam city 1120.

Daily quests seems to have a clan event these days – where it costs 20 gems to play a game yet the reward is an incredibly pitiful 20 feathers. Tell me the point of that?  ** I agree.  I don’t play the clans for that reason..  it’s not worth spending my gems on that.

** The hard levels and boss levels vary, but I’m with you on that one.  I mean like 7 rooms now???

When you used to pass a hard level or boss level on the maps there was a chest which generally gave anything between 400-600 feathers. I had two chests on the latest update which gave 40, (yes 40 !!) feathers.

** As of the new update… Every treasure chest I opened on the hard/boss levels in the latest Litchenswine water chapter were ALL 60 feathers for Red.  That’s it.  I used to be getting 600-800 feathers for a variety of birds. Now nothing.  Rovio is forcing us to play the Clans, because  that’s where it’s at with the constant it advertising.  Just look at how the AB2 forum has gotten with the numerous clan threads.  It’s harder to find info anymore.

Rovio really don’t want people to play this game anymore.

** If this keeps us, this might happen.  To top the icing on the cake.  I had to reconnect to facebook on my Iphone…and in the process I lost over 3000 spells!!

cognitive
    @cognitive

we are seeing right now may be the result of seeds planted a year ago when cheating was easier. When the 25000 BP hats came out nobody blinked and people seemed to have infinite supply of them thru back channels. Now all these people are still in the game and creaming the rest of the players, those who went the traditional route.

Depending on how much data Rovio collects it can’t be too hard to audit all these million BP people and kick them out of the game.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I agree with you on the 25.000 pearls hats – I think those have been the reason for most players to cheat the game.

But do you really think, that excluding them from the games would actually make any difference?

I don’t think that this would bring back gems in chest, fair arena match ups, shorter free chest timers,…

grammyK
    @grammyk

More interesting history. Same old complaints as currently on Facebook and Discord.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio really are having a laugh

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.