Rovio Account not so discontinued

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Account not so discontinued

• Hello flingers!

As many of you know, the Rovio Account service was discontinued since some time ago.
    Though I found that it’s not discontinued at all. In fact you can still create accounts normally!

In order to do this you will need an Android device and any version of AB Classic before the Rovio Account service was discontinued (May, 2018). To make things simpler just download the version 3.2.0 from GetJar.

Once you downloaded and installed the old version just open the game and create a new account as you would normally do.
    Rovio Account info
    Rovio Account registration screen
    Rovio Account registration complete
    As you can see the account registration was successful.

After a couple minutes I received the confirmation email.
    Rovio Account confirmation email
    And finally, the account activation.
    Rovio Account confirmation page

So there you have it! You can still create Rovio Accounts even after they got discontinued!
    It’s unclear for how much time this will be possible to do so hurry up and get a Rovio Account if you don’t have one already!

See you again soon flingers!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

Question: Is there anyone there that will service your new account?

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@wrw01 Do you mean if there’s any support for Rovio Accounts?

wrw01
    @wrw01

@joseantonio

Yes, will any Rovio rep be monitoring the new accounts that are established or have the servers been deactivated and/or personnel reassigned to different positions.

ixan57
    @ixan57

I’m with you @wrw01 even with a rovio account they are as useful as a chocolate teapot

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@wrw01 It’s unclear if they will change something in the future that will not allow us to create more accounts or if they are gonna shut down the servers at some point.
    My guess is they are not gonna change anything as they usually leave discontinued features and apps still somehow working.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@joseantonio

Given all the guess work we are typing why not file a service request through your newly created Rovio account and see if anyone from Rovio responds with an acknowledgement and intention to resolve your issue.

I have filed many, many requests in the past due to all the hackers in AB2 and the programming in AB Transformers that have locked us out of the game.

It would be interesting to see if you receive a response, an education and learning point for both of us.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@wrw01 Where can I do that?

wrw01
    @wrw01

Rovio.com under support and pick the game but they took the link that we could file support requests away…so establishing a new link for their response is of no service to you and me.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@wrw01 Yeah, I was looking for a while and I could not find anything. I wonder why did they remove that…

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@joseantonio, @wrw01 probably because they didn’t make much money off of it (maybe they lost some?) and they saw that Facebook was more profitable. If you have a question then you you could reply to this forum.

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@beakymcfeather Yeah, I don’t really see a reason to have their own cloud save system when they can just implement Facebook like the rest of the games. Another reason that makes Rovio Accounts useless is that there’s no social features; you can’t add friends to compare and share scores or play together.
    That’s a very good idea!

wrw01
    @wrw01

The Submit a Request form is still present on Rovio.com. Found it in the Q&As “could not find what I was looking for, what do I do?” At the bottom of the page in red print.

marzgabe
    @marzgabe

where do you click to register it

monke
    @monkeisyes69420

It says I can’t connect to register bc I have no internet even tho I have service

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Account not so discontinued

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.