OPT IN – NEW Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum OPT IN – NEW Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It looks like “OVERPOWER” will give your TF +35% points bonus on Special Event runs on top of whatever bonus you already have from spark promotions.

So basically another way to massively unbalance the game.

I can see myself quitting ABT sooner rather than later the way things are going.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@asen

OK yeah, the event starting late threw me off. So we’re looking at a five day event then?

We know the Newsfeed is wrong, but assuming that it ends on April 7 at 7pm EST then it’s a five day event.

With the new token progression in the Challenge being double, then we should be able to get 1,100 tokens from the Challenge each day. But I doubt that I’ll be able to do better than the 300 token level in the Competition without some major gems expenditures.

So arithmetically it’s possible, but practically no.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I think it’s only a four day event. The last time they screwed up the EST date, it still ended at the UTC time. So, it will probably end 4/6 @ 7PM EST.

I should do decent here. I have Ultimate Megatron up to 40%, so I’m getting 160% each run.

The 200 token level is 18K.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@asen I think the accessories are not new.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Interesting.

As soon as the Special Event activated, several of my unclaimed Daily Quest rewards changed into tokens.

Destroy 100 TNT Blocks was originally 6xDG, now it’s 20 Tokens.

Destroy 75 Stone Blocks was originally 6xDG, now it’s 40 Tokens.

ED209
    @ed209

I can see myself quitting with this overpower stuff if it also gives you a boost on your bonus, this and sparks are ruining the game for me

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

How many overpower levels are there?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Looks like so far it’s only one level (L15 to L16) but since I’m unwilling to pay gems to get it, it’s impossible to tell if getting one level will unlock another one.

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

I don’t know if this is the last straw, but it’s close. ABT is rapidly going from a legitimate freemium game to a pay-to-win game, and it’s a major insult to longtime players.

Asen_77
    @asen

@datguygamer I don’t know are they new, but I play from the beginning and I don’t have them. So probably some a new or old, but when they show up I just choose something else for tokens.

Traveler
    @traveler

The game crashes when I try to run the Opt in event. Was able to make two runs then game crashed each time thereafter. I am using an iPad and om om iOS 9.3.5. Have submitted complaint to Rovio.

wrw01
    @wrw01

It goes to level 17 in the token exchange for 9000 tokens. Looks like it progressive to who knows what level.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@asen I compared my accessories with your screenshots. All of them are old. The only thing new for me are the overpower levels and I can’t even update.

@optimuspig
    Thanks but how did you calculate the +35% bonus? I only saw a +2% from overpower and whatever your bot has ranked up from sparks.

Also seems like this only affects scores. Why would I pay 8K tokens for this when all it does it increase scores by a minuscule amount? It not even gives damage and defense boosts! Why Rovio?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Looks like it’s not +35%. Looks like it’s different for each TF (and it’s not just the Optimuses).

If you go into the Barracks into the Upgrade panel for any of the TFs it shows how much of a bonus you get from Overpower. For example:

Optimus Prime: +61% at L16
    Bumblebee: +119% at L16
    Soundwave: +184% at L16
    Bludgeon: +22% at L16
    Heatwave: +49% at L16

And so on.

I totally agree with @evan-greenberger. I didn’t sign up to play a pay-to-win game. I’m going to be gone pretty soon.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

The +35% I mentioned earlier is what it shows when I go to the Upgrade panel in the Barracks for Ultimate Optimus Prime.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig How the hell are those percentages calculated? WTF Rovio? o_O

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Can you post some screenshots please? I wanna see them if you don’t mind.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Your guess is as good as mine.

Now I’m not even sure what the bonuses are for. AT first I was thinking that it’s an addition to the points bonus for Special Events, but maybe it’s a bonus to current L15 power levels (firepower, armour, and transformation).

Regardless, I don’t think it’s going to be good for players who aren’t willing to spend cash.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

I’m at work, so now’s not really the best time. I’ll see what I can do when I get home late tonight, if someone else hasn’t posted screenshots already.

Are you not seeing these when you open the Barracks?

Joel
    @joel687

You can see what levels you can get in Overpower for all your bots in the barracks. Just touch the upgrade button for them. It looks like you can only actually buy the overpowered levels in an event. Ratchet can get a whopping +2%. Yahoo!

UM Overpower

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

Thanks for posting the screen grab.

After looking a bit more, it appears that the weaker your TF the higher the Overpower bonus, and the stronger your TF the lower the Overpower bonus.

Which explains why Bumblebee gets +119% but EGL only gets +2%

It’s not a perfect inverse correlation though, since Soundwave gets +184% – unless it means that SOundwave is due for a major NERFing?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Dead End: +8%

Nemesis Prime: +48%

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig No worries or hurry as @joel687 has posted them (thanks for that). Maybe this percentage is rather based on how high or low ranked your bots are? I guess that would explain things from my POV but I still think it’s a bonus to your score. You are not overpowering the pigs in nodes but rather the other players. That’s what this is.

And as for your question, I am not seeing this in my barracks as I cannot even update. Google Play shows no update for me. Maybe I am in a different time zone than usual? :/

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

The fact that iOS has the update, but not Android is JARSU!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Soundwave: +184%
    Soundblaster: +35%
    Blaster: (can’t check, since I’m in the middle of an upgrade)

EGL: +2%
    GSG: +4%
    GBG: +1%

WTF? Just more proof that Rovio is against the Grimlock players.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum OPT IN – NEW Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.