Opponents Get Extra Birds at End

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Opponents Get Extra Birds at End

• I’ve noticed I’ll get to 1 card left in AB2 Arena and be in the lead by 200,000 to 400,000 points. My opponent will play their last card and score enough points to win an extra card (even if the extra card meter was ¼ full). They play that card and win another extra card and end up winning the game.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I agree. I’ve also noticed that when I get an extra card at the end the ad doesn’t load or I get the Blues against steel. I’m still suspicious of the scoring in the arena. I will continue to play but this game needs major changes before I will spend another nickel.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Noticed the same thing, and also three times out of the last four, I’ve received blues, which is arguably the weakest of the bird cards. Lost all three games as well!

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Just lost the last two arena battles, despite a healthy lead up to the last card. Both opponents then suddenly produced two or three cards in quick succession, including the most damaging – bomb and Terrence, and so grabbed a win.
    While they may have one extra card as you have the option of watching a video if you are losing, I cannot understand why this becomes multiple extra cards even allowing for filling the destructometer once with the extra bird at the end.
    This keeps happening and makes playing the arena a waste of time and frustrating as the opponent seems to have an unfair advantage.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mepace

@dwhite40704

@aeshna

@djangosmum

On a different thread related to Arena bugs, bankler mentioned that something appears to be off with regards to the final cards being played by the opponent. So, I think this is being looked into.

Me, I figure the opponent’s score is their actual score — so I lose. Whether the cards play out right is immaterial, because it’s not like I was “phoning it in” just because I had a lead (because a bigger win margin means more stars, especially since the update where they eased the scale on getting more than 5 stars).

So yeah, it’s annoying, but you are playing against a run someone actually had — it is not a made up score, and it’s not inflating randomly just against you. To put it another way, keep trying to do your best and don’t even look at your opponent’s score. Then see where you stand when the smoke clears. Before the update the opponent’s score was way off at the start, now it sometimes gets radically changed at the very end. Do I wish Rovio would get this smoothed out? Sure. Would it change the score I just lost to (or beat!)? No.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

I was assuming that when the opponent gets a bird-out-of-nowhere in the end, its someone who lost a game launching an ad to get a bonus bird.

That would make sense because every time someone starts an add it adds a chance that that ad will make someone else launch an ad as well -> more ad view for Rovio -> more cash.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bigbadaboom

I assume the same thing, but what I (and others) have seen is that after firing that extra bord, the destructo-meter pegs out and the opponent gets ANOTHER card (even if the destructo-meter was very low).

Sometimes it seems like the opponent gets two or even three cards when all they should have gotten was one more.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

sammer48
    @sammer48

That’s all fine with final cards and possible video, BUT one of my opponents got several extra cards in the beginning. I finished my first room, and believed they did too, and then I watched their stack go from +2 to +4, not sure how they got that many bonuses but there you go!!

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

@sutekh137 You’re right. I got an opponent who was out of cards and magically he got a bomb card, used it and then magically another bomb card appears and gets used. Just like that he added more than a million to his score after I thought I had beat him. Not sure if that’s someone cheating or if its just another bug.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bigbadaboom

As I have stated elsewhere, I still think we are facing a score that someone actually put up (because these are supposedly actual runs by matched opponents).

So, I don’t think it is cheating, and I don’t think it is a bug except for how the cards display with wonky timing. Hopefully Rovio can get that fixed in the next update. They bit off more than they could chew when they tried to get the opponent card flow displaying better AND introduced this “extra card” concept. They should have done one or the other, not both at once. But then that wouldn’t be very Rovio-like, would it. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

The final score might be correct but then the opponent card drawing is bugged and needs to be fixed.

I noticed another card bug as well: Got an opponent with 7 birds, no spells. In first room, before we start, opponent had his three cards “+5”. Well 3+5 equals 8 so where did the 8th card come from?

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I don’t have any problem with how my opponents cards are played or how they score. What bothers me most is the opponents themselves. There are too many weird combos- like 4 rank 8 birds with 5 spells( but only like a 8 star rank) or one after another opponents with 5 spells also with a low star ranking. It’s just hard for me to accept that these are legitimate contenders. Last night in the arena I had 9 straight opponents like this. And yes, I know I can back out and find a new opponent. This is a great game and I’ve invested more time and $$$ in this game than all my other games combined. Drawing a blizzard in the arena is nauseating and I would like to know how my opponent can draw a blizzard on there last card and rack up 500,000 points?? Another issue I have is my rank 8 birds still drawing feathers. The feathers I draw should be applied to my other birds and not to the ones which are maxed out. I also think it’s a disgrace to get 220 stars and get 3 gems. Really?? I would hate to throw in the towel concerning this awesome game but changes need to be made.

rjallenxxx
    @rjallenxxx

I believe this is more than poor graphics. Just now, I was down to my last issued bird. The opponent’s card graphic was grayed out- normally this indicates opponent finished. Also, the graphic showed no cards left. I had one remaining card left from original issue + the extra card option. I was slightly ahead and had left white explosive egg card. Launched it caused minor damage. Suddenly the grayed out opponent icon goes crazy. The progress part of the opponent icon was about 25% complete meaning it would take 75% more to earn an additional card. The game issued 3 black birds one after another. This is impossible. In this tournament game, the opponent had just about matched me but had taken, apparently two cards to my one for a particular screen.
    There is so much manipulating going on in this game. I will not be spending one more dime.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Agree.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Opponents Get Extra Birds at End

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.