Novastar! – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Novastar! – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 103 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

As u can see she has the best overpower in the game. But even though she does a lot of damage the inconsistency , unpredictable nature and the slowness of the projectile makes her rubbish. I wouldn’t recommend u guys to invest your resources in her.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@fear she has the same movments and time reaction like Drifts weapon but with different visual effects.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Just got her in a gem bundle. Thankfully.

Anonymous

Yeah but drifts weapon goes straight too the target while novastars projectile flies around the screen and usually hits another object before it reaches your target

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@fear same happens and at drift’s weapon as well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Got lucky yesterday.  The guy with the red crown Novastar stopped laying after the first couple of hours.  Didn’t see any other Femme Fatales on my board either.

As a result I managed to finish in 1st, which allows me to take it a bit easier for the rest of the week.

Today not so lucky, the first 3 spots on my Leaderboard are all occupied by someone with a red crown Nautica.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I just had expirienced a funy and interesting bug.

As you see my bot was stuck there for about 15 minutes before i made her in vehicle mode to “kill” the bat pig…

CougRon
    @cougron

My thought is to not even worry to much about the leaderboards and your position on them they are nice bonus tokens but if you don’t get the highest amount it’s not a big deal. Concentrate on attaining all the reward levels you can, that is where you are going to get most of your tokens. Most of the time I only spend gems if I am close to the next level or leaderboard tier and think the points I am likely to get are worth the gems I am about to spend and the tokens I will get and what I need to buy something. Spending anything over 40 gems is increasingly unlikely to be worth it. Most of the time I end up finishing 6th or 7th or around there, sometime higher sometimes lower. The leaderboards are a real gamble, you never know how many real players are on them or if they are bots, cheaters, hackers, or just don’t care about how much money they spend; some people just want to cause chaos. there is no real pattern to what you get day to day. 1000 tokens is real nice don’t get me wrong and I have gotten it a few times but most likely you’re only going to end up with a few hundred tokens so don’t get wound up over it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Broke 150K and I’m currently sitting in 3rd place.  We’ll see if that holds.  I’m unwilling to spend any more gems, either to make a sprint for 200K or to defend my placement.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

meh finger day today… i ain’t spend any single them on baloon’s day… :S

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@elpapam agreed.  It’s a good day to skip.

I managed to hang onto 3rd place, so after three days I’m already at 7,500 tokens.

I’m glad I pushed hard in days 1-3.  I can take it easy for the rest of the event.  I only need the additional tokens to get the sparks.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Half way through and I am on 9,000 tokens running with maximum 2,500 tokens on all 3 days and 2nd or 3rd placing for 500 on each day (2 recharges day 1, 1 on day 2 and none on day 3). I have ruby crown Nautica and she is great with the blocks herself so ruby crown EG only came out on missile day and for Unicron or BP runs.
    Will just wait now until the bundle for 2000 gems appears and then decide whether to use gems for the TF and get the gold crates or just use the tokens to unlock

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@optimuspig i have also get 7006 token though i will be buying with gems the cheap bundle and i will have those tokens be used in golden crate.

Anonymous

I end the day with 73000+ tokens. Today was a good day

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig You have Novastar, right? If yes, you are focusing on Overpower or crates?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

I’m going for Crates.

I only grind overpowers for the TFs that I like enough to have promoted with sparks.

If a Crate pops an Overpower for one of the other TFs that’s fine, but I only put in the effort to earn enough tokens for an Overpower if it’s a TF that I’ll actually use, like say a Grimlock or UM or Blaster.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@optimuspig My self i am at 10 gold crate to hope that i can overpower Hount & Ratchet & UM

Asen_77
    @asen

Wish you luck. For now I believe only one times I have useful overpower for some of the most used bot.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

Nice the “cheaper” bundle is up

And the two bundles together

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

@seaspray

If you group people by promotion, you eliminate the strategy of how to spend your sparks. It would also negatively impact rovio’s business… so don’t hold your breath.

They already have made similar ranks compete, that’s enough. Competitions used to be way easier when you could be matched up against any rank.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Who to buy with tokens?  Elita One or Strongarm?  I’ll have enough left over for 1 accessory most likely.  Anyone got both?

seaspray
    @seaspray

I disagree.  Sparks are ultimately only good for tokens, and to get the best value for ur sparks means you have to promote a squad member (4x bonus) for each event.  That’s the only strategy.  That strategy doesn’t change by promotion grouping.  When a ruby crown nautica has 52,000 points in the first 4 runs and I’ve got 8,000, I’m definitely not going to be spending gems, and that’s negatively impacting the business.  To entice me to spend gems (and buy gems), the race needs to be close, I need to have a chance.  If I were competing against only silver promoted, it’d come down to who played the best and narrow point spreads instead of promotion.  Who didn’t kill BP too early, miss that one structure, or transform at the wrong time and get 2 seconds behind a rock instead of EG’s laser on Unicron.  I’d be way more likely to shuck out 40 gems if it were feasible that 4 runs could get me there.  As it is now, it’s not about how well you play, just about how many sparks you have.  The 2000 and 5000 gem bundle isn’t even offered to me.  There’s literally no way for me or my 7 year old to get that many sparks.  We’re at about 600/day.  Drudging along like champs trying to compete against dudes that are level 931 planet eaters.  Mad props to the Dark Knight, I just shouldn’t have to compete against him at level 262.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

The problem with grouping by promotion is people would just game the system by starting with a low promoted bot to be grouped with people with low promotions then change to using a fully promoted one.

seaspray
    @seaspray

That’s a good point Sn Trooper.  I don’t really see a way around that.  If they’re grouping by rank, I guess that’s as good as you can get.  Shut up and play, right?  Luckily, I ripped 20,000 tokens off 2 consecutive level 40 in SS.  Now I can complete the squad with no gems spent.

Asen_77
    @asen

This time Gold Crates with tokens is pretty good. No overpower, but other things are pretty good.

D9287B83-E07B-4410-8471-EFB081176AF8.jpeg

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Novastar! – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.