No one in leaderboard

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No one in leaderboard

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

My Wood League leaderboard contains me, another player (who is somewhat behind me), and 13 other people that have 0 points. I’m almost guaranteed to advance…but I can’t ensure myself gathering all the materials for the Stone Guard before Saturday…

laura118b
    @laura118b

Just keep plugging away at it. I got him today. I know there are highly analytical breakdowns on which battles are best, but I think concentrating on the 5 stamina games works best. If you get perfect rolls, and don’t use stamina drinks, you can get 6 resources before you run out of energy. Best case is 5 with the 3 cost games, and 6 for the 7 cost. I find the mid range to be easy enough to win, quick enough to stay fun.

Eric OG
    @ericog

I was alone on my silver league board until this afternoon, and now I’m getting completely shut down. I’m having to skip 9 out of 10 opponents because it keeps matching me against vastly superior teams. When I do fight I lose every coin toss. My last remaining objective is “kill three birds with one attack” for 3000 points, which I will not be able to pull off against these opponents. It is looking like I may actually be shut out of silver league altogether because everyone else on my board is sailing past me.

I’m wondering if this issue was caused by the update when everyone started changing ranks as they leveled up from 41 to 45. I hit 45 this morning, and the game may have ranked me with players who made it to higher leagues in the last season.

Tman
    @tman

I’m now in a leaderboard today in the arena. Disappointed to see me at #5 when I thought I was doing great getting all objectives every day. After todays objectives, I’m up to #3, so it’s going to be touch and go if I’ll be able to advance.

@ericog
    , I also noticed now that the leaderboard is populated that I’ve been matched against a ton of rank 10 level 42+ opponents.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Yeah, seems like I have to settle with not being demoted this week. The people in position 1-3 has more than 20 000 points than me (and I have done all of the objectives this week + some grinding) but the main problem is that the Arena have frozen twice today after the leader board was restored and it counts that as fights lost. If this keeps up I will not be able to grind for points and will never be able to reach a spot to get promoted :-(

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Same here , I’m #4, but (as of now) am only 4K behind 1st. I was really hoping Rovio would let everyone move up because of the event taking people’s time/resources. I just want to be promoted to the next league to get better gear. I really don’t care to go past it. It’s a little tiresome to be matched with banners that have nearly 15K Health and all Lvl 10 Birds. It feels like they tossed me into the Diamond league while I still have Stone League gear. This is ridiculous.

Thanks, Rovio.

On a positive note, I had some awesome jam-filled doughnuts for breakfast.

Eric OG
    @ericog

My birds are all level 10 rank 45, so I guess that technically puts me in the same category with the teams I’m matched up with, but my opponents have clearly made it to higher leagues so their equipment is superior. Their power ratings are all over 800 (I’m around 760) and their banners are 13,000+ (mine is 11,990). I can beat superior opponents with my grinding team, but I definitely can’t pull off the “kill three with one attack” objective because that requires me to dance around with the enemy for two or three turns before taking them out. By then I’ve been wiped out myself.

The frustrating thing is that when I get demoted back to stone league I’ll still have to fight these same opponents because of my ranking. It puts me in a catch-22–I can’t compete against my opponents because of inferior equipment, and I can’t get better equipment without advancing to higher leagues, which will be impossible if I have to keep fighting the same opponents. I’ll be stuck in wood league in two weeks at this rate.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@ericog — One silver lining for people in your situation is from the max level increase. All of our level 41 banner items from season one were nerffed a little more when compared to level 45 banner items. Should make things a little easier for you going forward.

burbman
    @burbman

@ericog – If you have the golden chili, you should be able to meet the knock out three opponents with level 45/10 birds as long as you win the coin toss. Pick your strongest banner/head combo with critical strike and might. Team should be Wizard, Spies, and your favorite version of Bomb. Attack the strongest opponent bird with Wizard first, then attack the strongest remaining opponent with spies, then feed bomb the chili. Nine times out of ten, you will knock out all three birds with bomb’s attack.

One note, you will not want to try this with opponents with the revive banner, or the save me or reborn sets for chuck or the blues.

HarleyM
    @harleym

I’m currently in first in my gold league leaderboard with 35k points. Is anyone else dealing with such a soft board? I credit the early leaderboard issues but I don’t know if that is right or wrong.

Eric OG
    @ericog

@burbman – Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I only win the coin toss about 1 of 10 times, possibly less. I have the Save Me set for the Blues but never got Chuck’s Phoenix set so I only use Chuck in the arena if an objective forces me to. My way around the mismatch (and the lost coin toss) has been to play with Rogues and Druid, which enables me to keep damaging the enemy’s banner after I’ve been wiped out. If Matilda survives the first round I use her to attack the banner, and use The Blues and a third bird (Red or Bomb) to take out an enemy bird. Usually The Blues survive to the second round because of their revive set, so they attack the banner on turn two before also getting taken out. By then I have one heavily damaged bird left, but the enemy banner gets chewed up pretty badly until Matilda the Blues revive and reapply their negative effects. This strategy is getting weaker, though, now that my opponents’ banners are so much bigger and the enemy is able to do more damage in the first round.

burbman
    @burbman

@harleym – I am in second in Gold with 36k, first has 42k, third has 33k. If I had followed my own advice, I would have 52,500 right now and been well ahead of the pack.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I didn’t push too hard, luckily I’m in 1st (Silver) with 37,530. 2nd – 33,100, 3rd – 32,290, & 4th – 32,020.

HarleyM
    @harleym

I’m curious if I’m dealing with several ghosted players from lower leagues. It seems highly unlikely that there would be so many players in gold with such low scores (7 under 27500, the absolute minimum possible after completing all objectives) after having made top three every other week so far.

Eric OG
    @ericog

Sorry to keep venting here, but here’s an update. I looked more closely at my leaderboard. Only two of us are level 45, but nine made it to diamond league last season. I’m now in 10th place, there are two players about to pass me, and I just took my third loss so I’m totally shut down. It took a lot of grinding to get to Silver League. If I get demoted I may give up on the arena altogether–it doesn’t play fair, and its too much frustration.

TomC
    @tomc

Easiest way still is to join very late into the week and quickly win just 1 battle then don’t visit the Arena again until the next week (again join late). This way you save a LOT of time and always get promoted for being the only 1 in the league. It works the best if you don’t even connect to the game for the whole week (so requires not playing the game which doesn’t work if you want to play the current event), but it should still work as long as you play the game but never enter the arena except for the weekly late joins. Also works better when you’re not at max level or levels with a large number of players (i.e. Level 41, Level 45).

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@burbman — I did follow my own advice and I still have the slimmest of leads. 2000 over second and 4000 over third. Third place is @jorge-freeman-1 who isn’t even competing in my league. The one good thing about being in a league full of ghosts is they can’t see what I’m doing but I can see them. Allows me to stay just ahead without expending too much effort.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

@tigerussell ~ I can see you on the friends leaderboard (eheheh).
    Now seriously, I’m currently leading but 3rd place is good enough for me. It will require grinding, though, because 11 of my 14 opponents made it to diamond last season and 9 are already level 45.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@jorge-freeman-1 — Third is good enough for me as well, Just need to advance don’t really need snouts. Up to platinum, then to diamond, and then coast to the end of the season and collect the trophy. I’ve finished first enough times to satisfy myself that it can be done.

The arena is alright but I’d like to see a few more of these mini-campaigns, and more caves (although a trifle boring) would be welcome too.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@tigerussell How hard is it typically to stay in diamond? I’m on track to hit platinum easily this week and hopefully diamond after that, but I won’t have the coins to get all the set items, especially if they raise the level cap again in a month. I only got to stone last season, and near the end at that, so I have no expectations.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@Harleym last season coasting was pretty easy. A lot of people get there and then fall back due to lack of anywhere else to go. I only have two complete sets and do just fine. Guess well see how the players are this season.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

Now the 0’s are turning into 18,000’s. This isn’t right how does one get that many points in wood league in a few hours. At least I’m still in second place.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@jmrexhau Those players are not going from scores of 0 to 18,000 in a short time. The scores of “0” on your leaderboard are not the most current scores for those players.

Leaderboards seem to be slowly being updated with current scores for all players. For some reason they are not able to do this updating all at once. It is possible there are still players with a score of “0” on your leaderboard who’s actual current score is greater than your own.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

Not updating is not fair when you are counting on the scores to be accurate to move up. I really thought I was matched up with people not playing.

Bill
    @dzydvl

This is total crap…. I’m in a gold league, and was alone all week as well, so instead of over playing I would get my daily achievements and move on, only to find out I’m now in 9th place 20k behind the leader… I really think something needs to be done about this week, since everyone seems to be getting screwed…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No one in leaderboard

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.