No one in leaderboard

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No one in leaderboard

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Replies
  • purduegrad2004
    @purduegrad2004

I was noted early on (granted not by Rovio) that this problem had occurred before and the leagues were populated before the week’s end. It was even suggested in this thread that people keep playing as normal. In the gold league did you really think that you were placed with a bunch of people that weren’t playing? Since everyone started back in Wood a 3.5 weeks ago, the people that are currently in the gold league represent the top 0.8% of grinders that are playing right now. Do you really think that they would just sit on their laurels for a week thinking they could skate by? I will admit, this is a shitty thing for Rovio to do, but it was expected.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

Well not everyone playing reads this. Thanks for making us feel stupid.

Alekona
    @alto

Hi..im new to the forum. I Joined mainly because i was so irritated with what has happened to the leaderboard.

As others have noted, it was empty for a few days. I still completed all my objective and played a few hours extra every day.

When the leaderboard was populated, I found myself in the number 8 spot with about 30k between me and the top player. As i have fought my way up to number two (Number one still has me beat by 10k) I noticed that all my battles are with much higher levels than I had been seeing. I also noticed that my opponents birds seem to hit much harder than they did in the past and harder than mine hit. This seems to be true even with birds that are much lower than mine. I am level 24 and all my birds are level 8. I was just defeated by a group of birds that were all 2-4 levels below my birds.

I acknowledge that I probably don’t know all the technical aspects of how the hits are calculated, and that my perception may be colored by my frustration. But frustrated I am.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@alto Welcome to the nest.

Just to avoid some confusion, I thought I should make sure our terminology is consistent. The bird team has an experience level – or just level (currently these range from 1 to 45). The individual bird classes have ranks (currently from 1 to 10).

Do you have a bird team at level 24 with mastery ranks of 8? That is a very high mastery rank for a bird team at level 24. Normally at this level, birds are at ranks 4-5. Are you mostly playing in the arena (and the events) and only slowly progressing through the caves?

I have a secondary bird team at level 18, with mastery ranks of mostly 6. I have only been using this team to play in the arena, as I find it much more fun than playing in the arena with my main team (currently at level 42). I am advancing the mastery of my birds by buying mastery upgrades at the Dojo using my winnings from the Arena. I normally have opponents 1-5 levels higher than my team (levels 19-23), although today I also faced opponent teams with levels of >25. I have also had a few opponents with much lower levels today (e.g. level 14).

What level opponents are you coming up against? I would expect you to have to face opponents with levels of over 30.

The damage and health of birds is determined by experience level, mastery rank and the weapons/offhand items (in particular the experience level at that time set items were obtained). If you are facing level 30+ teams, they will have higher base damage and health values and probably better set items than you. This may make up for the higher mastery ranks of your birds.

Another important factor that I noticed today is that the health of the banner for the higher level teams is significantly greater than that of the banner of my bird team.

The Pirates channel
    @thepirates

Yes, I have this problem too sometimes! I am in Silver leagh. For 4 days I was first – 2nd and 3nd there wasn’t any- but after these four days I was 6th!!!!!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@alto — Welcome to the Nest!
    To really figure out what is going on, you should evaluate these factors for both your team and the opponents:
    Banner health and items (top, flag, emblem). The relative health of the banners is extremely important. If your opponents banner is really strong compared to yours, it may be difficult to win even if your birds are at a higher rank.
    Does the banner have a complete set? If so what does that set do?
    The special abilities of both comoplete banner sets and complete weapon/offhand item sets for birds are not shown when you hold on the banner or bird.
    In addition, the power of set items for birds and banner depends on the level at which you obtained them. For the banner, this is the level of your league (I think).
    Level of birds (1 to 45; one level number applies to all your birds and banner)
    Rank of each bird (1 to 10), health and attack power.
    Do the birds have a complete set? If so, what does it do?
    With the latest update, the arena provides a rating for you and your opponents. I don’t rely on this, because I don’t really understand how it is calculated, but it does provide some guidance about the relative strength of the teams.
    Good Luck!

RuCustum
    @rucustum

Is anyone having this same issue with the new week? I have a full roster, but I am the only one with a score above ZERO.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

I have a full compliment and all but one have at least completed the first set of objectives. Tough week for me if I want to move up. If you’re in platinum I would play my butt off just in case.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I ended in the middle of the pack, well 5th, last round. Everyone above me had already made Diamond league.

It would be nice to see what my competition is doing so I can gauge how much I will need to put in to make it to Gold.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I currently have 13 people with no score and 1 person with half my score.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

Mine updated today, and now there is 2 other scores, everyone else has 0.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have 6 players with no score but the league has been fully populated since the start.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No one in leaderboard

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.