New Update – Upgrading your hats

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update – Upgrading your hats

• so there is a new update coming which allows hats to be upgraded during events for extra fp during the event but after that is just becomes a skin change. personally i’m hoping that means they will be going over older sets for a while and not add more new sets

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

There is also the Fairy Hat set coming.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

They also said that those event coins will be everywhere in the piggy mail, from DC to those treasure chests to even on the adventure itself, and that the hats will be on lower floors of tof

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

It’s just another cash grab, don’t get too excited.

dtmt
    @dtmt

So far so good. After spending one express ticket with video I made it to level 42 and collected hats from level 30 & 40 and made 0ver 1000 gems in the process. After that I spent 8 normal tickets and wasted maybe 400 gems to get the rest of the birds that are in tower. I also got over 3000 even coins so I got Matilda from the shop and got full set of birds on day one which is great.

With the remaining 2000 event coins I boosted Terrence from 15->25.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Does upgrading the bird hats result in permanent change to hat power? Doesnt seem like its worth it in the long run

dtmt
    @dtmt

No they do not. If you just play for the fun of it and want to get just the hats it’s probably more useful to spend the event coins on other things than upgrading the birds.

As I find the bootcamp the thing I “enjoy” the most and want to get high ranks in the local group I’ll upgrade at least the most important birds.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Interesting. Do you know how much the second upgrade costs?

dtmt
    @dtmt

2nd update costs 4000 coins and raises level from 25 to 35.

guava564
    @guava564

I see that spells have now gone again from the tower and common chests since the new fairy hats came in. If it doesn’t revert back after the event I will be deleting the game.

This has come about because of the complaints that last time it was too hard to get the coins. So they’ve added them in and got rid of spells to try and make us buy them with gems instead. What a joke

APN
    @apn19

i do kind of wish the shop had the hats at the base level as well as being in the tower of fortune. i currently have all but terrance’s hat and around 5000 event coins. the completionist in me doesn’t want to upgrade any of the hats as that could leave just one hat on the base level if i don’t get it during the event. of course this doesn’t require rovio to you know be fair towards non pay to win players which we all know they are not. but on the other hand this event has been a general improvement seeing as normally i can only get 2 maybe 3 event hats and am current sat on six so best not to look a gift horse in the mouth i suppose.

guava564
    @guava564

Well I’m not upgrading any of my hats I’m buying all the other stuff and then feathers. Your slingshot is only upgraded on the basic set so the only advantage in using it on hat upgrades is a short term boost to your fp. Once the event is over you are back to what you were and the upgraded hats are now useless. I’d rather have a permanent boost in the way of feathers.

thats if I’m still around when the event ends if the spell removal is permanent.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update – Upgrading your hats

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.