New update April 23, 2019 – v2.28.0

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update April 23, 2019 – v2.28.0

• What’s new – From Google Play:

– New daily reward in Mighty Eagle’s Bootcamp – Play and earn coins every day!
    – Now you can revive your fallen Hatchling in Jetpack Run to fly even further!
    – Other minor improvements and fixes.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Reviving the hatchling will undoubtedly cost gems.

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems

Thanks for letting us know. I have been checking for an update, but I forgot to do it today.

I wonder if the daily reward for the MEBC will start when the new season starts. Although, I already played today before I updated the app… Did anyone get this daily reward today?

I agree, @aggieguy. Wonder if it will be 20, 40 or 60. I really don’t take the hatchling jet pack event too seriously since it’s just a simple way for me to get some apples and whatever prize I get. I am never getting the jars that the top players get everytime so meh. :/

Update: I just noticed that the ff button looks different. Is it bigger?

SB311
    @sb311

I wish they would give us double feather frenzy with the rainbow rave event? I want to level up my Bomb, which is the lowest of my core birds. :|

RizDub
    @rizdub

The daily coin reward in MEBC is based on how many rooms are completed. The first two rooms give 1 coin each for completing them, the next two 2, the next two 3, etc. I completed seven rooms and got 16 coins (1+1+2+2+3+3+4).

SB311
    @sb311

@rizdub

Thanks for the info. Wish I would have checked for an update before playing today, but luckily, it won’t hurt me too much this season. It will definitely help next season.

I have had an extra 50 coins that keep rolling over each season so hopefully I can round those up with the extra coins. :)

I hope they don’t increase prices though. :(

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Oops didn’t see this thread and responded in another one.

Must be a minimum of 40 or 60 gems to revive the hatchling.

I like the idea of gaining more points in MEBC. I never play more than once anyway and always ensure I have an extra bird (preferably Stella) so it’ll be good to have a little extra.

SB311
    @sb311

I think I have a glitch going on. My spells never deplete when I use them over and over in the arena, but if I add a spell, the count goes up . It just never goes down.

Is anyone else having this happen. It is the craziest thing. I was able to complete the streak without using any gems. I had all five spells for the last 4 levels and I still barely beat my opponents. Wonder when this will be fixed… :/

Buster
    @doulgas

How can I get this glitch?

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas

I have no idea. I figured it would be fixed when I loaded the game today with a patch or something, but it is still happening. Crazy.

adal316
    @adal316

I also have the spell glitch but also I don’t have access to MEBC. Was unable to add the points earlier, kept coming up with an error message. I exited the game and now have gone back in and it’s no longer there. Was wandering if any else has the same issue

SB311
    @sb311

@adal316

I’m not having any trouble with my MEBC. Maybe it is your internet connection? I have no idea.

Have you tried restarting your phone. I had a problem earlier in the season and I cleaned up my phone, emptied my trash and cleared my history and I haven’t had any problems since. Hope this helps. :)

adal316
    @adal316

Tried mobile data and WIFI connection still no MEBC. I’m hoping it’s a glitch and a new update will fix this. Got 1,250 MEBC coins to add to my already 750. Don’t want to lose these as the season comes to an end

DDeck
    @ddeck

Is it just me or does this update remove the ability to get spells by filling the destructometer multiple times with one bird?

destructometer no longer gives spells if you only brought in birds

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, shhh… be vevy, vevy quiet. :D

The minute someone reports that bug to Rovio, it will get fixed! If it would be harmful to players, it would most likely become to be as new feature and never fixed.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@rawdatasystems Well, this is one bug that would be harmful to players as @ddeck points out – so it’s one we want fixed. Meaning it probably won’t ever be…

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@rizdub, I was referring to never-depleting-spells glitch. The one you and @ddeck mention is is not a glitch, but in the view of Rovios side, a new awesome feature! :D

Today I had yet another ad crashing in ToF, taking all the rewards and invested jewels with it again. That’s it for me. No more.

Buster
    @doulgas

Today was my first time to play MEBC since the update. I received 50K pts and earned 25 coins. Worth noting — those coins are added to your total from last season’s play and you can use them immediately, I assume as long as the shop is still open.

This also makes it potentially worthwhile to keep playing every day of the season, even if you have no chance to reach the next coin level. You can roll over unspent coins, but not points.

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas

I’m liking the bonus coins. I earned 25 too and now have 75 coins. Hopefully, this will help me make it to emerald 1 for the Roman hat sets each season.

Question: I don’t usually play a second time for 60 gems, but does anyone know if you can keep getting more coins each time you play again and again?

Joe B.
    @joeb

This is great because even 10 coins per day makes around 500 more in a season.

I’ve been useing prior saved coins to afford the discounted Roman hats but now the extra amount should be enough for Blue 1 frame players to get a hat. Just bought Chucks. Wonder if Rovio will discount the hats for more than 1 cycle or introduce a third X 11 set or possibly higher like a X12?

Buster
    @doulgas

Also, please note that double feathers apply to the MEBC shop! If you didn’t immediately spend your coins, they are now worth more if you use them to buy feathers, as I do. So 1000 coins = 100,000 feathers instead of 50,000.

Suzq
    @suzq

Are the feathers a better roi (return on investment) than the hats? I have only 750 coins to spend, so i was going to save them for next time to save up towards a hat.

I guess i have 775 now, the extra coins from the new thing with the rooms helps a bit

Buster
    @doulgas

@Suzq, there’s no easy answer to that — you may be sorry you asked.

When MEBC started, the no-brainer deal for me was the opportunity to acquire really powerful hats on the cheap. Samurai is a x11 hat and you could ONLY get them through MEBC. Every season you could get one samurai hat for 1000 coins (or maybe it was 1250) but only one at a time. Eventually you could get the samurai hat for each bird, plus a slingshot upgrade for completing the set. But if you missed a season you were out of luck.

All the other power hats are the x10 (legendary category). If your Bomb is already wearing a x11 hat, there’s no point in buying a x10 hat, UNLESS you can complete that set to get the slingshot upgrade. But the value of doing that is ONLY for the slingshot — the hat itself gives you nothing.

Well, they’ve raised the “sale” price to 1500 coins now, putting it out of reach for a lot of casual players. And to buy a complete set of x10 hats through MEBC’s normal price @ 5000 each would take a very long time. As would accumulating 175,000 black pearls to get them through the hat shop. And all this, remember, is just to upgrade the slingshot.

On the other hand, for 1000 coins you can get 50,000 feathers that you can award to any bird and immediately upgrade that bird, maybe more than once depending on the level it’s at. And using the double feather bonus, I was able to upgrade 2 birds for only 1000 coins. That strikes me as a pretty good ROI.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

100 gems to continue with the hatchling.

No freaking way.

Buster
    @doulgas

Oh, that’s new. You can pick up from where you crashed for 100 gems, rather than start over for free. I don’t think so.

SB311
    @sb311

@aggieguy

Yeah, i agree, but I wonder how it works because I keep crashing at that very first narrow part so how in the world would you start from there without immediately crashing again? Plus, I find I need a bit of a rhythm or momentum to carry me through that part so it seems like it would be a waste of gems. Idk.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update April 23, 2019 – v2.28.0

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.