destructometer no longer gives spells if you only brought in birds

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum destructometer no longer gives spells if you only brought in birds

• The maximum number of cards you can have is now capped at the number you brought in to a level. If you came in with 7 birds, you can no longer get spells by filling the destructometer multiple times for a single fling. It now rolls over and you get nothing, just like on boss levels where spells are disabled.

I noticed this on yesterday’s DC and have found it is true with today’s and also verified on map levels. (I quit playing the area months ago because it has become a joke.) I guess this change was made for v2.28.0 (or Rovio has targeted me for experimentation again).

This is HUGELY DETRIMENTAL to gameplay; it is neither an “improvement” nor a “bug fix”. Because it takes progressively more destruction to subsequently refill the destructometer, not getting any cards back for refilling it early on makes it that much harder to fill it later.

Up until now, one could argue that Rovio was at least pretending like they cared about anything other than revenue from AB2, but think about the implications of this: The fundamental gameplay premise of angrybirds is destroying as much as possible per fling.

This forces you to actively attempt not to do that in the beginning of the game because you might fling too well and pay for it at the end when you run out of cards. And of course this would enhance revenue because maybe you’d watch an ad or spend gems for three more cards.

Or maybe you just uninstall it since who wants to play a game where the developer is openly f**king with gameplay to increase revenue?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • Peter Porkor
    @sarai

they only cares about “paid” players.coz they buy thier trash offers with too much price.they really dont care about others player who dont even spend single dollar!! and thats s**ks

SB311
    @sb311

Same thing is happening to me. I hadn’t noticed it before you pointed it out. :(

The meter fills and gives you back the card you used, it refills again and then the meter goes back down to empty and then barely fills up again. Maybe that’s why it took me two times to get through level 2 of the DC today. I didn’t even think that I was getting back fewer cards and no spell cards. I wonder if this is going to happen in the clan vs clan battles?

DDeck
    @ddeck

My guess is it will be like this for everything. It could just be a bug, but I doubt it…

DDeck
    @ddeck

Interesting. My assumption was incorrect that it was like this for all areas. Spells can still be obtained in MEBC my filling the meter multiple times.

Rogue★Demoness
    @roguedemoness

This is not accurate. I rarely use spells in Arena…and I’m still acquiring them.

DDeck
    @ddeck

I don’t know about the arena because I don’t play it. For DC and map levels, no more spells. (As I said, it’s possible that different people are experiencing different things.)

Buster
    @doulgas

I received spells twice in today’s DC. Curiously, I had brought a spell in on both instances, and the spell received was the same type as the one I had brought in.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

I didn’t have a chance to test it in DC. The destruction of the first few birds was not enough to fill the meter twice today.

As far as I know, spells are still received in Arena, MEBC and Clan even if I didn’t bring one in.

However, there is a new bug in arena, you normally won’t be awarded a spell that you have brought in and still in the stack, but I received a Chili while I still got one unused, there are two Chili spells co-exists, which I have never seen before.

If the spells are really removed in DC, it’s a very bad decision. Let say I strike the first room and fill up the meter three times, I will be only awarded one bird. Then I get unlucky in room 2 and use 3 birds, I end up with 5 left. This usually means fail in a boss stage. If this rule extends to other competitive parts of the game, it’s definitely a sinister gem grab.

Salmotrutta9
    @salmotrutta

This happened the other day.  Thought it was strange.  I’ve never had two of the same spells in my lineup before.  I only took these two screenshots, but there were more like this.  

Salmotrutta9
    @salmotrutta

There is something going on with the spells.  This last week i have noticed that i haven’t been losing any spells.  I know that if you don’t use them you don’t lose them.  Well, i have been using them and NOT losing them.  The only time the totals change is if i gain a spell from a treasure chest.  Has anyone else been experiencing the same?

Buster
    @doulgas

Yes, I now see multiple spells of the same type, but as far as I can tell they are always the same as those I brought in. I haven’t noticed whether used spells are being deducted but I’ll start paying attention — it would be nice to load up on every arena match with no risk.

SB311
    @sb311

@salmotrutta

Yes, some players are experiencing this glitch or experiment. The spells you use are not subtracted from your arsenal, but when you get a new spell, your counts go up. :)

I have so many spells stocked up right now for each kind and it is still going on. I hope it never ends. I use five spells for the second level of the DC too which makes it easier to get through if you have to play it again.

Buster
    @doulgas

I just checked and this glitch applies to the arena and the map too, which I rarely play these days. I was wondering why my stash of 1200 or so spells didn’t seem to be going down even though I was playing legendary arena and using a lot of them.

Shhhh, don’t tell anyone….

DDeck
    @ddeck

As of a couple of days ago, I now get spells in DC and map levels when I didn’t bring any in.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum destructometer no longer gives spells if you only brought in birds

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.