New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

• Off and Running!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Can anyone who’s already started tell the rest of us what’s in the chest for whomever finishes atop their leaderboard? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth the effort it will take to win, which will help me decide when I start playing the event myself. Thanks!

(post screenshot if possible.)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@poptimus

I’ve started and tapped on the 1st place chest the prize is 40 SD, 40 LC’s and 2.5k snotlings.

@angryde

Just seen you on the board ?

Buds
    @budstheawesome

Oh boy! A repeat of last year!

Because y’know, Rovio could’ve extended the campaign event to make room for Tinker Titan, Kraken Colossus, and the Apocalyptic Hogriders. But of course, Rovio is more focused on money than making quality content.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Yeah yeah so why are we playing?

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley :)
    We are just that stupid.
    I am wanting that Chest, I will say…well done Rovio, lead us sheep on.

burbman
    @burbman

@pointless – I see you up about 2,000 points ahead of me on my friends leaderboard.  Are you having to get that many points to stay in first place on your individual board?  I am comfortably in first so far on mine.  Second has only 7,400.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

It turns out that Level 3 and 6 sometimes don’t even include Wizpig or Prince Porky.
    After the first playthrough though, they do deal godlike damage with crazy health. About time the event shows a challenge.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde

I’m only aiming for 2* as I don’t have enough SD to get into the top 3. Hope you have and look foward to seeing you in at least in 3rd place.

Good luck

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Does anyone actually get free stamina after watching a video? I haven’t had any for the past three events. I watch – it blanks out. Black all gone I have to restart no more video no free stamina. It’s just getting on my nerves.

@burbman
    my board is a bit crazy everyone wants the chest. I have no interest in it I just want a top three place. Ain’t gonna happen. Oh well.

burbman
    @burbman

@bubbley – I have received the five free stamina every time I have played the video.  No issues.

To get a saner leaderboard next time, wait three or four hours after the event opens to play your first battle.  I am currently in first on my board with 13,850 medals.  I might need to use a few drinks toward the end of the event to ensure that I get the chest, but top three is well under 10k at this point.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    I also got the stamina drinks. Try switching to other apps and back, and see if that clears the video for you.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow thanks I will try.

Pointless
    @pointless

@burbman yes, I am second. First has gone a little consumption crazy, but not too far ahead. Long Event, so I will wait to see what transpires before deciding if I will also consume.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow yes got some at last. Many thanks.

burbman
    @burbman

Picked up an interesting player in my league.  They are either a cheat, or they only play when the gates open up and burn lots of resources in the process.  Each time a new gate opens up, their score jumps from 4th or 5th on the board, up to first place by a couple thousand points, but then they just sit there until the next gate opens up.  Prior to this latest gate opening, I had an 11,000 point lead over them, guess we will see what happens this morning.  Name is in a non English alphabet, so I cannot put it here, but I will post before/after screenshots if they do it again.

DD
    @toolow

@burbman Do post whenever you are ready as some of us may be able input the characters.

burbman
    @burbman

@toolow – so far they have not scored in the past 24 hrs.  Right now they are about to be passed on the leaderboard by #4 and #5.  If they put up a new big jump in score, I will post the screenshots I have.

One thought that occurred to me is that this could be one of Rovio’s testers.  Way back when, there were sometimes really high scores that would post at the beginning of an event, then never change, by the end of the event, they fit right in.  Maybe they have changed the system for these mini campaigns so that the scores post by stage.  Would explain earlier jumps, but not the apparent delay with today’s gate.

LegionOfBoom
    @brian-walker

I don’t know if anyone’s experienced a similar issue, but on several occasions during this event the game has suddenly stopped in the middle of a battle.  I’ve subsequently lost stamina.  I’ve since reached out to Rovio with a ticket on this and requested stamina potions as compensation.

On a separate (but related) note, can anyone help explain why the game stops/shuts down unexpectedly?  It’s caused me quite the disruption during arena matches and, as aforementioned, events.  I’ve reached out to Rovio in the past and they always seem to respond with “you may need to reinstall the game….” but that never seems to do the trick as the issues keep reemerging.  I especially hate it when it happens during arena matches (particularly when the matches glitch and freeze) and I’m forced to take a loss.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@brian-walker  I’ve had issues with crashes recently as well. It seems to be related to Facebook login, for me. I log out of FB when I go into the arena to do objectives or grind and I don’t have any problems. I don’t know if you’re connected to FB or not, though. You might have a different issue.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Well I just played my first Golden Castle and received not a single LC. No I don’t have a before and after screen shot but since I shall shortly be leaving the game I don’t much care. However that this may happen to you so take screen shots.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley

saw your post and watched as I finished the castle and got the LCs at the end.  Hope Rovio will compensate you.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds thanks but I won’t be asking. Seriously I had planned to make a farewell statement but I simply cannot invest the time needed to progress the Arena and Rovio have no intention of new content. I will finish the season and grind my birds to max mastery. They are almost there and then I’m done. Hopefully my friends can enjoy my birds with their Ancient weapons for a couple of months.

I will be very sad to say goodbye to this community but I must.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley

i understand your frustration. You were the 2nd or 3rd FB friend I made so I know the contributions you have made to this forum. The game is not like it used to be. Very little fun. Your wit and wisdom will be missed I suspect by a lot of people.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I echo those sentiments. You will be missed, but you have reached a state that will soon afflict us all with this game. What a joke it has become that we settle for the same old rehashes (3rd Birdday the exact same as the 2nd, down to each stage).
    I do want Elite Wizard, so I will stay for a while longer, but the end is nigh. I did just get Elite Spies, and coupled with a newly Enchanted L82/E10 BEEP!, this may provide some fleeting entertainment…sigh

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.