New Event – Cyclonus

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Cyclonus

• A new event has started! The main prize is Cyclonus.

This event uses one TF and an energonicon.

Cyclonus Event Banner

The bonus squad is VIP, consisting of Alpha Trion, Kup and Cyclonus.

All these TFs and Elite One are also in the exchange with accessories.

Have fun and good luck!

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

My offer is 2K gems. In the past, I would have gone for it. With gems harder to come by now, I’ll pass and skip this week’s event.

Halfan88
    @halfan88

Why is elta 1 there?

@Halfan88 Raoul: “We don’t know!”

Asen_77
    @asen

I am on promotion this time – only 5000 Gems for new character :D:D:D

Pako
    @pako

My offer is the “new usual”: 1000 gems. I’ve just shelled out 1500 gems on 75K sparks, no way I am spending more gems than I’d need to.

I’m waiting until a bundle for Cyclonus comes up on the shop (aka Swindle’s Black Market). However, I will participate in the event as much as I can.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

My offer was 2,000 gems. After three days I would have 3,000 tokens which means I probably end up using 2,000 gems anyway so I took the offer because it got an accessory and 35k tokens as extras.

@grimlockdown I only got Alpha Trion and Mirage, sadly.

ABT
    @abt

My offer was 5000 gems for Cyclonus. No way I would spend an equivalent of $100 USD (5000 gems) to unlock him. I was finally able to unlock him on the last day after grinding all week w/ a red-crown Alpha Trion and spending about 20 gems for recharges.

I would say Cyclonus is probably the best character in the VIP group. He’s able to destroy blocks, hit missiles and do decent damage to the Boss Pig and Unicron.

I finally got Cyclonus and he is a BEAST.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Got cyclonus as well, can’t say he’s a beast right now only played few runs. Need to level up first. I didn’t get enough tokens for all the accessories, but bought them, so fully equipped now. First opinion is that I have seen better bots.

ABT
    @abt

@deindiaan

I think he is the best character in the VIP squad, unfortunately, that isn’t saying much. Also, all of the characters suffer from the seizure inducing quaking as soon as they enter vehicle mode. It stays that way for the rest of the run even after spending less than 1 second vehicle mode. Sometimes I’ll let the mortar towers fall on me just so I don’t have to engage vehicle mode.

Alpha Trion does okay on missiles, but barely destroys any blocks. This weeklong event, I’ve rubbed the skin off my finger swiping all over the screen. If it weren’t for the Glassor energon (although nerfed), I wouldn’t have been able to destroy any blocks! Overpowering him sounded like downgrade as well.

I originally thought Kup might have been a better character until I realized he does not destroy anything either. He just teleports blocks and missiles(?) all over the screen. Glad I never promoted him.

Cyclonus is the only one that can actually deal some damage (once you upgrade him above lvl 10). I’ve unlocked all 5 of his accessories using crystals, which is much easier than try to earn several thousand more tokens. Cyclonus is probably the only character worth promoting and upgrading in this squad.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@abt @deindiaan
    I used Cyclonus from Monday to the end of the event and used tokens to upgrade him. Most of the time he was at level 5, fully accessorized and even then he was able to kill Unicron and Boss Pig. But I think the energonicon I was “forced” to use – Powerbot – was the key to Cyclonus’ success.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

@abt, thanks for the detailed review.  As is so often the case, you end up wasting large amounts of sparks promoting the first bot from the squad so that you can unlock the better one who is more worthy of promotion and spend the sparks all over again.    I went ahead and got Cyclonus since my offer was only 750 gems, seems good but it’s hard to tell at level 1 or even 8 sometimes.

Cyclonus actually does do some block destroying at the lower levels thanks to his laser beams.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@fortressmaximus Statistically it isn’t such a good idea to promote first bot from a squad. There are 23 squads which have at least three members. If one promotes only one member (i.e. the first one) from each squad one has about 20% chance promoting the best one. If one promotes two (first) members the chances are about 50%.

ABT
    @abt

@grimlockdown I think what @fortressmaximus is saying is that you are basically stuck promoting the first bot in a squad in order to earn enough tokens to unlock the latter bots in that squad. Without the bonus 4x multiplier, it’s basically impossible (without spending a ton of gems) to earn 10K tokens in a week to unlock any subsequent bots.

I wouldn’t promote the first bot to a full Green Crown (+840% @ 278550 sparks) since the spark promotion cost rises exponentially at higher levels. Maybe promote to Purple Crown (+560% @ 82550 sparks) or if you want to splurge, Red Crown (+700% @156050 sparks), and active daily play should be enough to hit 10K in tokens by the last day with very few gem recharges. Using a non-bonus bot, even when promoted Green Crown (+210%), will not be enough to earn the needed 1667 tokens/day without spending a lot of gems on many recharges.

My plan is to promote Cyclonus the next time this squad is in the bonus squad. If it allows the use of 2 bots, then, I can have 2 promoted bots adding to the multiplier.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

@abt explained it better than I did.   Sure, it often doesn’t make sense, but if you don’t,  you can’t get the later bots unless you buy them for gems or buy tons of recharges.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@fortressmaximus @abt
    I actually use the strategy that I never (well, almost never) promote the first bot in a squad. I know that I will pay a gem penalty when the second and possibly even the third member is introduced. The thinking behind this is that I consider sparks more scarce resource than gems (note that I almost always has less than 10k gems).

ABT
    @abt

@grimlockdown
    I think that as a commodity, gems are worth much more than sparks. You can buy sparks using gems (ie. bi-monthly EggSpark or various other offers), but you cannot buy gems using sparks. Gems are also much more versatile as you can also use them to purchase tokens, instant finish upgrades/nodes/etc, and recharge runs where you cannot do the same w/ sparks.

The gems spent doing run recharges doesn’t have a lasting effect (besides netting you more tokens for that event only). Whereas if you use sparks to promote a bot, that bot stays promoted even after the event is over.

Also, as someone who has 5 fully promoted bots to use for Spark Run, I typically hit max sparks and play the ad for another 10%. So on average, I can earn about 2500 sparks a day. Since R/E made it nearly impossible to farm gems anymore, I have to work hard just to earn about 20 gems a day (finishing 8 daily quests, ad doubling the daily rewards on gem days, opening random gem crates on the map, etc…).

Occasionally an EggSpark is offered where 1500 gems will net you 75000 sparks. That is probably the best offer for sparks you can get, but puts the conversion rate at 50 sparks per gem. To put that in perspective:

• To earn 1500 gems (@ 20/day) will take me 75 days!
    • To earn 75000 sparks (@ 2500/day) will only take me 30 days!

So, it’s actually much easier to earn sparks than gems.

If you decide to buy gems with cash, and need more sparks, you can always stock up on sparks the next time EggSpark is offered.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@abt I know! But I only use gems in events and occasionally to buy sparks – especially now in this new version. And after playing from the start I know that I can get by with a gem stash which is less than 10k gems.

I currently have seven green crowned bots but I can always have one more … or two … maybe three 🤔

PS. Gems are so overpriced in the ABT store that I have never bought them – but sparks are so “scarce” that I have used some (small amount of) money to buy them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Cyclonus

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.