New Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 149 total)
  • Replies
  • JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

From yesterday afternoon to just now I have lost 7 arena games on the trot.

I would like to thank Rovio for making me realise I don’t actually enjoy this game anymore.

Demdom
    @demdom

So do I… 7 or 8, I did not count.

Maverick, a lot of players want to be better and reach higher levels. And we are very disappointed. Good and average players too.

rgc
    @rgc1

I agree. The new Arena is awful. It’s the Angry Birds equivalent of a tourist trap. Indeed, it should be called The Trap. It’s a transparent a cash grab; so too, changes to Daily Challenge and MEBC. Rooms are full of bird wasters and as another commented, these pigs are tougher than before. Strikes are a rarity now. And Chests are full of Arena tickets now as well, making even opening these freebies tedious. A great deal of satisfaction has been lost.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Got promoted to master league. And like said in this thread before difficulty sky rocketed. Sad thing is I do not get de-promoted no matter how many I lose so I guess playing Arena is over. No point trying to beat 200-250 higher flock powers.

I guess it’s time to stop playing when there is nothing to be gained. Arena is too difficult now. 4-5-6 is unbeatable so I lose two dailys and drop a level, win few get back to 4-5-6 hell and routine  repeats. And because of this I am no longer competitive in MEBC so no point playing that other than just to do it. Does not matter if I’m 120th or 149th in my local group.

And to complete the misery new hat event is up and after two towers and not getting daily’s done my new hat count is 0.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

I think the reason DC is difficult is because they adjusted the destructometer so that it fills up less. This has meant that in the final round of DC, it is harder to get birds back because when you get your birds back it’ll stay at 0 until u use another. You can’t ‘half-fill’ it for the next room if you have all 8 birds. Before the update, u used to be able to fill some of it up even if you have all 8. But now, they’ve tweaked it so that it is harder to get them back. It’s their way of screwing us over in not just DC but the entire f*cking game, as we can no longer get spells in MEBC becoz of this and I imagine completing map levels are much harder now. I’ll see how difficult they are when the new batch comes out tomorrow. For now, though, I’ve been playing a lot less, and will continue to do so until they either fix the Destructometer or make another big f*ck-up that will probably make me delete this sh*t game

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

Also about the arena, I fear that what happened to @dtmt will also happen to me, as my arena score has continually risen since the update and will probably continue until I continually lose when I reach the master league and be stuck in an inescapable hellhole

guava564
    @guava564

I got to the master league and then deliberately lost a few times and got demoted. If that’s not happening anymore they’ve further tweaked it as they’ve noticed people losing on purpose. That’s good to know then I will make sure I don’t get promoted. It’s ridiculous what you have to do to get around their shit.

I just don’t get why anyone would pay gems for a rematch against someone you have got absolutely no chance of winning against. But if they don’t change it then people must be doing just that. Mad.

dtmt
    @dtmt

Never ever have I played a game that is this bad at giving a feeling that you are getting somewhere when you play more per day or spend years playing it. Everything gets just more difficult and not fun.

I guess I’m suppose to get that “got to play more” feeling when competing against others but why would I care if I’m arena rank 4000 or 6000. Or if I’m 120 or 149 in local group at MEBC or 3000 or 5000 in final ranks every month when I know that there is no real chance of ever catching the paying players or the ones that make the videos to youtube from whom  you’ll find out that you are really just a mediocre player and the reason you are even this high is that you have played from the start.

guava564
    @guava564

So if this is right and you can no longer be demoted that means that by playing normally i.e. by not deliberately losing doesn’t that mean that there is going to be a hell of a lot of people in the master league at the end of the season? And also what happens at the start of the next season? Do you start in the same league or does everyone start in the bottom league? Be interesting to see what they do.

maverick
    @maverick78

I have been promoted to the 3 star legendary league, then I lost several games in a row and was demoted back to the 2 star legendary league.  I didn’t get demoted right when I went under the 7000 threshold, it was more like 6950 before I was prompted with  the demoted screen animation. I can’t speak to whether you can or can not be demoted from a master league, but you absolutely can be demoted in legendary leagues.

rgc
    @rgc1

All of these changes are nothing more than gem traps. Rovio has increased significantly how much you have to pay to move forward in DC, Arena and MEBC.  It’s transparent bullshit. Clan battles are the only rooms remaining where one wins or looses in ways that seems consistent with expectation.

guava564
    @guava564

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yeah can confirm that you can still get demoted from legendary league. Not gonna try it for master league as don’t wanna risk getting stuck in there. My opinion now is that master league is real player scores but anything below that league is bots. Regardless it’s now boring to play so I just quickly do the streak each day then I’m done with it. At some point I’m sure they will update it to stop me doing it so easily and then I just won’t play it all.</p>

rgc
    @rgc1

The timing of this is no accident. People are stuck at home and they are going to get money for xmas and Rovio’s making a play for it. Don’t give in. Boycott Arena, DC and refuse the chests they offer. Take a hit for a while and deny them this Christmas cash grab.

Noname
    @cbadr

What I think is funny is that Rovio  seems to believe people enjoy spending money on a game they don’t have any chance of winning.  I personally would consider the occasional gem purchase if I felt I had a chance of winning and getting more gems but when I win one arena game and lose the next 5 then I have to say may Hal fly back and bite you in the rear Rovio.  I mean seriously I lost to someone whose fp was 70 points less and an arena rating of 50 points less and I still got clobbered. It wasn’t even close enough to make me consider playing the match over.  Why would I waste 60 gems and replay a match against someone who just beat me by 8 million points.  Seriously Rovio, do the math, common sense says why bother.

guava564
    @guava564

Well on the face of it I don’t get how this update will make them more money for the reason you said but we will find out soon enough because if they don’t change it then it’s obviously raking it in. I have got competitive in the past on the old arena and spent gems on more tickets (not money though) but I just can’t be arsed with it anymore so personally I’m spending less gems but like I say we will soon find out if it’s been (hopefully) a disaster for them.

Noname
    @cbadr

Personally I find myself less motivated to play the arena since the chances of winning are minimal.  Also, since I was at a point where I might win some gems it wasn’t worth it to try and increase my score, I just stopped playing because I knew I couldn’t win; it’s as if there’s a predetermined level.
    I knew the new arena was frustrating me but now I’ve got proof.  My husband gave me a smart watch for Christmas and while playing the new arena my watch sent me a message saying ‘ you appear to be upset, it’s important to watch your stress level’ 😅😄🤣.
    I guess it’s time to say good riddance Rovio.  Fortunately for me there are a lot of other choices and thanks to Rovio advertising so many other games I’ve also been able to test some without having to download them first.

Max1
    @max1

Rovios wish for christmas is that we stop playing this game and I am close to granting their wish.

Why is Hal Rovios favorite bird. It has been a part of the flock 3 of the last 4 days. Really fun to play 4 birds against 5 birds with no chance to win in the arena. I am not unlocking this useless bird.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

@max1, it’s too bad that you won’t use Hal! He’s a nice bird for very special structures to use for. When Hal is in the daily flock I’m often winning even against Mr. Collins!  ;-)

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Yeah, I know Mr. Collins too😀

maverick
    @maverick78

played mr Collins yesterday for the umpteenth time and this was his arena ranking 

Noname
    @cbadr

I know the arena isn’t real time but one of the things that makes me question whether or not it’s bots is that in the old arena I was surprised to see so many other players that had their own picture instead of the standard by Rovio.  Now 95% of the ones I play against all have Terence as their picture and I wonder where all the players with their own picture disappeared to.

Xktp
    @xktpwyzg

Looks like all your opponents are computer, and the win/lost is pre-determined, no matter you played good or bad, unless you give up during the match.

ATX
    @toatx1

Here is a post-Room 3 screenshot of my Master League Battle this AM. I had 3 Room Strikes in a row to start the Round….and I am down by 10,000,000. Finished the Round not missing a shot and lost by 18,000,000.

Xktp
    @xktpwyzg

Now the app crashes every time I start arena fight, and the point keeps dropping.

And I don’t see any human opponents.

rgc
    @rgc1

I just played the first level of today’s Arena and was defeated. Why does Rovio think I would now give 60 gems to start over when I can just replay level 1 for free? Sure, I loose ranking, but so what? If I play level 1 enough times, I’ll get the 1000 feathers at the expense of a few Arena tickets, which are everywhere these days anyway, so it’s no real expense beyond time.

However, when Rovio shuts us down on level 1 or 2 in the Arena or halfway through Daily Challenge, they are effectively closing the Arcade. It does seem like they are intent on having us not play, because the conditions for continuing to play have become, not subtly over time, but instantly onerous.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.