My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 164 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig All farming and competition winnings. Did three recharges yesterday, one to get 550, one to take a slight lead near the end, and one to ensure I kept the lead. Today may different since I missed a couple runs and I’m sitting in ninth.

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 Had dissimilar results for blue blocks in Pig City
    4 runs, scored 28, 94, 94, 28 = 244 blocks.

Other runs
    Falls- 4 runs, 44 to 105 blocks, 247 total
    Plains/Forest- 7 runs, 79 to 164 blocks, 710 total
    Beach- 7 runs, 85 to 139 blocks, 745 total
    Cobalt Valley/Desert- 4 runs, 57 to 93 blocks, 271 total

Each run other than Pig City had an outlier, notably the 164 in the Plains run.
    All runs made using EGgimlock (L14) and Glassor.

Paid gems for 2 recharges. Gems obtained by farming. Finished 3rd in cohort, 1st place won by 600.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@Geli,
    I’m now getting fed up with this event as the last 6 runs have been in pig city with 6 different bots have returned 4 coin blocks each time. On my board p2 to p20 are in double figures 86 being the highest at p2. Then p1 has over 250 work that 1 out lol

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 I can see your frustration. I made 12 runs in the Gold Block (Day2) target thus far, with 6, yes 6(!) runs in Pig City. Scores for Pig City: 5, 8, 7, 6, 6, 8 for 40 blocks, exceeding the 35 blocks needed for 30 tokens. I used EGrimlock (L14) & Glassor for the first 3 runs listed, then went with ELockdown (L13) & Glassor for the last 3. With Pig City being target-rich for Energon structures, Glassor is in use almost continuously. At time of last run some 45 hours ago, I was in 2nd with 88 blocks scored. Leader at the time was at 100.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@geli,
    Since my last post I’ve had another 3 runs all in pig city and yep you got it 4 coin blocks per run, I can now do these runs with my eyes closed as not been anywhere else really since last night. I event rebooted my tab cleared cache et Al and it made no difference at all. All I know is p1 is pulling away big time and I don’t know how. I did a run and checked the board and it looked like he had done 1 also as his total had gone up by 38+, how the he’ll they get that score pass, others are going up but by no more than 10 give or take. Crazy situation if you ask me.

Geli
    @geli

@paul13 Yep, crazy. I just did 4 runs. 3 were the Falls, with 6, 2 & 9 Gold Blocks and a Rig City with 7. I have had 3 Cobalt Valley Dessert runs, 1 Plains/Forest and NO Beach runs! I’m in 4th and 25 points off the pace.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I had two runs somewhere that only had two gold bricks at all. It took forever for me to get the max and I’m in a heated struggle to stay on top spot for today. I’d love to keep that considering how short and difficult this challenge is from the last two.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@geli,

Well somebody does not like me lol. I decided to use 10 gems and do a 4 runner, What a complete waste of time:——
    1. Pig City 4 blocks
    2. Colbost Valley (I nearly fainted) 1 block
    3. Pig City 3 blocks
    4. Dessert 2 blocks
    10 gems for 10 blocks unreal it really.
    Oh by the way p1 is now 6 short for 3000

Deszaras
    @deszaras

My leaderboard just caught on fire. People have to be close to using 200 gems right now for recharges and I’m probably going to need to use 80 and 100 gem recharges just to stay in second tier.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@deszaras What were the scores on your board? I finished second with 219. Was in first til the end. Wife insisted on leaving family’s house early to get home for some basketball game and couldn’t do one last run (or another recharge). Did two recharges earlier to get my 550.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@20qmindreader Especially since it’s Father’s Day. :)

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@millforce2k I’m not sure the final score because it kept glitching and showing different scores. It got into back and forth with 4 or so to be first and at least staying in the second tier. I’m not sure if I got second or third but I got the 500 tokens.

Geli
    @geli

Guess I was in an apathetic cohort. Not much gem spending from what I could see. Large part of the day was away from the tablet. Spent a frantic 20 or so minutes late in the challenge, finishing with 4 minutes left. Went from 4th to 1st using a gem recharge, finishing with 194 and winning by 1 block. Did not get the full 550 tokens. At 2310 after 2 days.

Like @paul13 I had a large number (15) of low-scoring Pig City runs and Falls (7) runs. Highest scores were in the 2 Forest/Plains at 10 each.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@geli Sounds like your board wasn’t as crazy as mine. I think all of ended around 230 or so if I remember right. We all had about 20 or so over the max. It got out of hand and I think the gold brick challenge made it worse because there was a lot of 2 brick runs.

Geli
    @geli

So much for apathy. My cohort for wood blocks seem to be spending gems. Leaders at close to 1800 in less than 2 hours. Might be trying to get 2nd or 3rd.

My perception: easy-to-score target competitions tend to encourage people spend Gems early and often.

Geli
    @geli

@deszaras I must have been lucky. Only had 2 runs (both Falls) that yielded 2 bricks each.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@geli,

I just woke up to this lol:—

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Gotta hate all the pigs that are sharpshooters, especially those pesky shotgun pigs (who on earth decided it was a good idea to put that in?).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

WTF? That’s insane ….

It’s days like this that you just pack it in and let the others pound each other into submission.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 That’s messed up. Leader had to do ten recharges. How far down til you get to normal scores?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Now you can see what I’ve had to put up with lol, I’m p15 with 1170 lol

Oh he’s now dropped to P3, I’ll do another screenshot if you want as this is the scores

P1 16049
    P2 11756
    P3 8181

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

That’s crazy. I know people want the new TF, but it’s not worth it to push that hard on only the third day of competition.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Those people are wacked, if in fact they are real and not somehow cheating. I’m in second with 2338 with first being 2670. I would need 88 runs to catch first in your group. If my calculations are correct, that would be 1910 gems! Is first really worth that many gems?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s not just the gems, either. We’d be talking about 3-4 hours solid of running node after node after node.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The only saving grace about today’s challenge is that the scoring is high enough that if you started early enough you should be able to reach the 550 without having to spend any gems, which is something we haven’t seen for a while.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum My thoughts on the Acidstorm event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.